Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Is Iron Man Game looked terrible a joke of how it clearly stated it was not gameplay footage? I don't get 2019 goon humor. I'm outdoors too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
About Lifeline gets followed up on.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Samuringa posted:

were we really kept in the dark?

For once in our life! They really have learned from Nintendo.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

2010s Goon childhood simulator.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The only problem with Days Gone is that it's a third person action game with zombies. I'm told they re-recorded and rewrote based on feedback and things are better off now for storytelling and events.

e: as you could see in that gameplay footage. Love the poo poo they're doing with MK11 tho

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

20 minutes long but I'll happily take a handful of these over a snoozefest E3.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1115948393015185408
finally I can become CLINTPUNCHER6969

e: The list of games finally works http://www.playstation.com/onlineid/games

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 10, 2019

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Whoever designed PSN back in the day as a system where you could not change your one and only ID, gg.

I expect War Thunder to detonate the console when trying to log back on after a namechange. Real tiny list of tested games too unless people just mostly didn't care to report what worked perfectly.

e: seriously need PS3 players to test this out and report if anything megabreaks, either it just uses the original name there and nothing breaks, or it breaks hard in all ways

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 10, 2019

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The Black Stones posted:

I really would like to change my name, but I’m also buying Trails of Cold Steel 2 for PS4 when that comes out and want to resume my progress from the PS3 version and finish getting the rest of the trophies and it seems like if I switch it’d reset my progress so I’m gonna wait for now and then switch once I have that done.

As long as you can transfer the save over from in-game at any time you need to you should be fine, it seems that old transfers expire over time. Trophies carry over even if the save's expired though.

Augus posted:

it is pretty cool in GoW3 how when he kills Zeus Kratos is literally blinded by bloodlust and the player needs to consciously make the decision to stop wailing on his dead body.

Which hopefully makes people understand why Kratos is as ruthless as he is in there, at least he's all for gender equality. Bless his immortal soul.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Okay, name change on PS3 Vita = you just truck on as usual, systems won't notice anything.

The critical problem with LBP3 turned out to be that sometimes your old name is rendered :v:

Similar for the rest I figure.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

FF7R's got more development time on it than FF15 :haw:

Hope Aeris doesn't get into piercing this time around.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Ran into some issues feeling like they were HD related on my Pro, purcased last November, RDR2 bundle mode. Transferred my 2016 purchased PS4 drive into its terabyte one.

1) Plugged the drive into PC and was unable to read the SMART status which is a kickass handy system for checking HD health, is that normal with PS4 drives?

2) Said drive looks like this. Wth?

Issue I suffered from since the latest firmware update was games like Killing Floor 2 and War Thunder freezing up for 5-15 seconds at inopportune moments, Monster Hunter World performed just fine because it loads everything into memory, Path of Exile was as fine as its console port could be. Installed Destiny 2 and that one flat out bluescreened me out due to corrupt data. Did a lot of database rebuilds, sometimes they took longer, sometimes shorter, but no result.

Boost mode on-off helped War Thunder for a day, and that game seemed to crap itself when a plane was spawned in tanks mode (so the game had to load more data), KF2 would be at its worst in Versus mode where there were up to twelve players. The "system-lag" of icons not rendering, the system freezing up, with no activity in the background, just increased over time.

Made a full drive initialization and I'm currently reinstalling games, ain't nobody got time for an RMA!

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 1, 2019

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

If you can't read the SMART status though I wouldn't trust it. Replace the drive IMHO.

Aw man. If things act up over the weekend as I test-drive everything, I'm going to stuff the only spare drive I have in (done with games on my PS3 anyway) and try to get Sony to hit me up with a loose spare drive or reimbursement for eternal fucker, as I have lost count of how many times I've had to RMA things in the PS4 generation. On top of that this Pro was a coil-whine model which is irritating but not harmful and can be cured with nail polish or serious glue. If it wasn't for being all outta junk to play and having only the PS4 to play on I'd send it the heck in. Gonna go postal if they muck up QC on the PS5.

e: Clarification, it's like SMART doesn't exist at all on the Pro drive, like it's not supporting it, it's a greyed out option, even in commandline it could not be fine. But it works and installs and doesn't systemlag one bit.

MHW took forever for its initial post-install load before the "connecting to PSN" dialogue. Then the saving data prompt took strangely long. Loading into Astera, I have lost count of time. GOD loving DAMNIT SONY AND YOUR PIECE OF poo poo QC.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 1, 2019

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Seagate Firecuda of the latest model (has Compute written on it) currently getting games installed. The ancient old drive I had in my PS3 was sacrificed to confirm it was a bad PS4 drive and it was stupidly smoother to use just in the interface, games took longer to load than back when everything worked just because of the age of and wear of the PS3 drive which came from an old business laptop.

Issues started the 29th and went full disaster yesterday. Back your stuff up if a drive starts acting up.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

How hot is the PS4 Pro HD supposed to get? My unit lays flat, proper ventilation, space to the sides and below and above. (after a few hours of gaming) HD tray cover off, touching the HD, I can feel it's hot. If I keep the finger down 3-5 seconds it reaches the bodily defense stage of "this is too hot and I should not be touching it". Seems to expel hot air like it should.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

How hot is the PS4 Pro HD supposed to get? My unit lays flat, proper ventilation, space to the sides and below and above. (after a few hours of gaming) HD tray cover off, touching the HD, I can feel it's hot. If I keep the finger down 3-5 seconds it reaches the bodily defense stage of "this is too hot and I should not be touching it". Seems to expel hot air like it should.

Nevermind, running a temperature probe it turns out the HD is all fine, and it's just that my fingers are super sensitive to temperatures.

Taking the little plastic cover off is a good idea for everybody though and may have saved my previous HD, if it was heat that wrecked it into auto-corruption and breaking in a real bad way.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I need that Modern Warfare juice down my throat as long as they fix the matchmaker.

Me: Northernmost parts of Europe

The host or most of the players one session: Deep into the middle east

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Another State of Play, another load of people expecting E3 2015 level megatons :laffo:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Oh no Ellie's girlfriend was the evil mastermind all along :shobon:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

How is the TLOU multiplayer, now that it's out with October's PS+? What kind of advantages are gained by paying (I won't) for weapons and gear? Is there a newbie guide worth listening to for those who want to jump right in despite veterans getting ready to wet their dicks? Is it less toxic than L4D2 versus?

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 1, 2019

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

My Pro is acting up.

Fine until some month(s) ago when it seemed the standard HD crapped itself, then it was fine with a fresh new SSHD until the Ace Combat 7 DLC1 mission where I noticed the music not behaving right? Other than that it was fine as hell, did a bunch of MHW yesterday, and then I started it up for the 1.3 gig large patch for Rajang and new content. Something seemed weird, taking 20 minutes of "Copying..." to get that patch in. Then loadtimes were clearly affected going into and around the game. Restarted the whole console, menus were slow and chunky with icons not appearing or taking their sweet time to render.

Plugged it out of absolutely everything and kept it bare for 12 hours in case something had to discharge, just plugged it all back in, and now it's back to something closer to normal but still far from what it was day one? Usually i's permanently plugged in but not using standby or nothing. Bad sign if it gets like that over time right? The only bad thing that happened to it was being on when a blackout struck out my side of the city in February or March.

Bought this unit last December, can do a free RMA and enjoy PS3 and other stuff until it's completed and I get a fresh reliable unit. Probably will. My adequately stored and used and ventilated PS4 consoles just can't help but break and the launch one lasted until February 2014 before the drive got the eject-issue.

The 360 launched without HDMI. Get that into your brain for just one moment. Insane isn't it?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

univbee posted:

If your Pro is still under warranty you might as well send it in. fwiw in Canada their turnaround is surprisingly fast, like a week which isn't too bad.

Nice. Here in Sweden the only issue is the support phone line being super busy and undermanned but I gotta get it done. Been getting tired of what little I actually play on PS4 not counting learning things in Dreams, wanna be with a console I can trust when it's time for Death Stranding.

Plugging the PS3 into this new IPS monitor it feels all new again too.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Got the PS4 Pro back from RMA and has it always had a hole through one of the circles on the back? Forgot to check which one but I think it was the top-most. Weird poo poo.

The service paper says they completely boned up the reason why it was agreed over the phone to get sent there in the first place and just reinstalled system software, but the HD and now SSHD runs cooler than ever before. It's weird.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Can only hope it puts an end to crossgen releases of the kind that severely limited game engine and game potential. Low settings lower res PS4s, top poo poo PS5, ought to be like that.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Seems they're using the same engine as in FF15, weird ghosting and model fades like in that game.

They eventually quit switching engines and ended up with UE4 but boy does it look and feel FF15 for a while.

I still expect a day one patch to fix some of the more ridiculous visual issues like doors with textures that simply won't render ever, still Thursday in CET zone. Maybe they went and optimized during the course of the delay..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Looking at gamefaqs trying to figure out the few things I cannot figure out (finished the game, doing Hard playthrough, gathering collectibles), what the kids wanted was a Midgar chapter that took as long as a casual first run guide-less Dragon Quest 7 playthrough, while also being a 1:1 remake not changing anything at all, not even Tifa's flour-bag FMV tits.