Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I've been playing the other Ninja/Samurai game Nioh 2 and it is kind of addictive.

Edit: oops, thought this was the ps5 thread but it still applies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I didn't really love Bloodborne until I got Ludwig's Holy Blade, then I was hooked.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

I liked GTA v because it had some really fun missions in it and it was one of the first GTA games that allowed checkpointing within missions, which saves a lot of time and frustration.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

If you want to stick to hard then, you just need to understand how the alien works. Lockers are pointless. Only crouch to break line of sight from alien. Walking is fine for the most part. There are ways to exploit that part but I think it's awful because the alien doesn't act in that way for most of the game yet they opened with it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Hopper posted:

I also thought Ellie went way beyond what can in anyway be called a reasonable. But still I felt more "on her side", but that's probably because of TLOU1.

Did anybody not play Part 1? I'd be interested to hear what they thought without having the connection from playing the first game.

I guess I just don't see this. I felt Ellie was heading for that path the moment she decided to trek that distance just on the vague notion that she could find the people who killed Joel

I felt like Ellie learned from Joel in that she reacted in the exact same way as Joel when it came to anything that got in his way: rage.

I have some very different views of TLOU 1 and TLOU 2 because of my background though.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Redezga posted:

I just installed Quake for the PS4 and it has the option of playing both the regular version and the Quake 64 version (which had its own music and extra lighting). Also there is crossplatform online play if you don't mind playing against kb+m people in a quarter century old first person shooter.

I guess it feels similar control-wise to the recent Turok re-releases, but I did mess around with the sensitivity a bit so I could whip the crosshair around. It also seems to offer motion control aiming with the DS4, but personally I will probably never use it. Also L2 is jump which makes for a lot of accidental leaps while forgetting there isn't a sight zoom in most FPS games at this point. I always liked the Playstation version of Quake 2, so I kind of hope they rerelease it on console eventually too.

Quake 2 on N64 was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

TheDarkFlame posted:

I'm sure they'll do a good job, but I'm going to wait and see before I jump on the reboot. As crass and clunky as they were, I always liked the main Saints Row games because they were reckless and focussed on letting you have some fun. You're allowed to not like them, it's okay to be wrong, don't worry too much about it.

SR2 was where they really hit the tone of the series, where basically everything is larger than life, but the basic elements were there in the first Saints Row. Their writing and style evolved from that game, but even from the start they still had a good balance of tragedy, some drama and dark moments, some utter ridiculous nonsense... I don't think people give the first game enough credit just because the second one is so much more. The three main enemy forces in the first game are: An organised crime ring, an illegal street racing crew, and a drug cartel, oh and a corrupt police chief. Kinda normal stuff, and it's all sold kinda straight with your main character getting almost no lines. SR2's villains are all ridiculous from the word go. I'm wondering how far they dial it back, it has to at least be a Saints Row 1.5 level of crazy, people now would expect a little more than the first game gave you.

Yeah it was a bit rough, especially looking back on it from now, but it set up SR2 like Assassin's Creed set up AC2, a first draft that did the things you wanted it to do but without the experience that makes the second game that much better. The way the second one reused the first game's map seems a bit cheap maybe, but it really sold that this was the same city, and the things that in-fiction happened to your end of town between the two games. I wonder how often games do this, like Borderlands 2 had the starting town of the first game turn up later on, but that's more of a callback than anything.

Also, hearing that IdolNinja died kinda sucks. Dude put a ton of time into modding those games and I remember an LP of the second game which was just unbridled chaos and stupidity that showed all that stuff off.

The original Saints Row had a drastically different tone from the rest but was still great. I loved the instruction manual that was written from the perspective of a undercover cop in the Saints that you find out who it is in game.

You're right in that Saints Row 2 really opened things up with just a ton of stuff to do although I don't think it's fair to say that it reuses the map because from what I remember there are huge areas in Saints Row 2 that are completely different or expanded even if it is the same city.

Saints Row 3 was where it kind of lost me. The tone I guess was more of the same but it crossed a line for me I guess because I have no urge to finish it.