Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
you can't delete polls lmao
This poll is closed.
can't be done 4 57.14%
i don't have the option 3 42.86%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

lmao

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

this is basically what the pimp zone discord sounds like 24/7

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

this is basically what the pimp zone discord sounds like 24/7

That, and rediscover getting cucked

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Black Baby Goku posted:

That, and rediscover getting cucked

this has never happened

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

this has never happened

it's happening right now

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I got a 99$ refurb PC off of woot dot com because I'm a poor and so I play old as games and new ones that don't need graphics cards like rimworld and I feel like I'm in a weird ghetto between console gamers and PC gamers but that's ok because I don't really like high fidelity modern gaming experiences but I wish I could run new vegas because its fun and I like the mods it has available

Anyway do any of you guys play old rpgs like baldurs gate because those are some goodass games

Also GTA San Andreas runs perfectly on my PC and that's really surprising to me

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Let's not flame the newbie everyone.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Plutonis posted:

Let's not flame the newbie everyone.

ok sounds good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CainsDescendant posted:

I got a 99$ refurb PC off of woot dot com because I'm a poor and so I play old as games and new ones that don't need graphics cards like rimworld and I feel like I'm in a weird ghetto between console gamers and PC gamers but that's ok because I don't really like high fidelity modern gaming experiences but I wish I could run new vegas because its fun and I like the mods it has available

Anyway do any of you guys play old rpgs like baldurs gate because those are some goodass games

Playing Bethesda games :how:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

CainsDescendant posted:

Play these please:

Deus ex
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout tactics
Icewind dale 2
Planescape torment

That's about a thousand hours for you op. I'm jealous

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Play these please:

Deus ex
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout tactics
Icewind dale 2
Planescape torment

That's about a thousand hours for you op. I'm jealous

Planescape Torment is one of my favorite games, I first played it when I was like 14 so the whole philosophy 101 vibe of a lot of the conversations blew my mind. I've played it a few times since then, it really held up for me but I'd love an updated version to recommend to people. IWD2 seems like I should like it but I keep getting bored with it by like the first dungeon outside of the starting town, lack of character interaction (even though bg's is pretty lame tbh) really drags it down for me

I've got the early fallouts in my steam library but I got fed up with the first one before I even got out of the first cave with the rats because I felt like my character sucked. Any tips for me? Or should I just suck it up and keep at it until it clicks

Never tried a deus ex, I'll pick it up when I can

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the original deus ex is a drat masterpiece. it's flawed and its age really shows but it's so fuckin fun and cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah Deus Ex is amazing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really like Infinity Engine games, but I've always been really bad at using the dudes abilities, so I always play a Paladin or a Wizard and try to solo everything. Unfortunately that's why I've had trouble getting in to the new Obsidian games like that because they don't let one class be strong enough to solo the game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

CainsDescendant posted:

Planescape Torment is one of my favorite games, I first played it when I was like 14 so the whole philosophy 101 vibe of a lot of the conversations blew my mind. I've played it a few times since then, it really held up for me but I'd love an updated version to recommend to people. IWD2 seems like I should like it but I keep getting bored with it by like the first dungeon outside of the starting town, lack of character interaction (even though bg's is pretty lame tbh) really drags it down for me

I've got the early fallouts in my steam library but I got fed up with the first one before I even got out of the first cave with the rats because I felt like my character sucked. Any tips for me? Or should I just suck it up and keep at it until it clicks

Never tried a deus ex, I'll pick it up when I can

The early part of fallout 1 is a struggle by design... You're stepping out into the real world for the first time with no idea what you're doing. ALso if you just made a lovely character that's just what first playthroughs are all about. Once the game get going its loving amazing

Deus Ex feels a little clunky these days but it's a masterpiece and I used to play it to completion 3-4 times a year.

IWD2 is intentionally lax on story and interaction because it's supposed to be all about the combat. If you love infinity engine combat it gets great later but if you really need the story stuff welp

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

I really like Infinity Engine games, but I've always been really bad at using the dudes abilities, so I always play a Paladin or a Wizard and try to solo everything. Unfortunately that's why I've had trouble getting in to the new Obsidian games like that because they don't let one class be strong enough to solo the game

Going from being a lowly Mage in Amn to wizard soloing the underdark on disc 3 is one of the most powerful gamer feelings

Edit if you watched Irenicus slaughter the thieves and magic police in the intro dungeon and didn't immediately want to restart as a wizard your brain is probably broken idk

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

That feel when you exist in the timeline where Deus ex' alternate story was never finished and Hideo kojimas last metal gear was Incomplete

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

A safe character build for both Fallout 1 & 2 is high agility, with small guns, speech and lockpicking as tagged skills. Also, you can try to sneak or run past the rats in the beginning of 1. IMO, don't be afraid to abuse combat to get past them, too: activate combat, then move until you have 1 action point left, deactivate combat, repeat - this will work less often as you get into the game, though.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hey Chief posted:

A safe character build for both Fallout 1 & 2 is high agility, with small guns, speech and lockpicking as tagged skills. Also, you can try to sneak or run past the rats in the beginning of 1. IMO, don't be afraid to abuse combat to get past them, too: activate combat, then move until you have 1 action point left, deactivate combat, repeat - this will work less often as you get into the game, though.

Thanks for explaining how to play the game for me there Chief.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

You can beat fallout with 1 in every stat and no tag skills...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hey Chief posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuMthoAEXJk

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The default Charisma/agility character build is pretty much the ideal build for having an easy time because you can get a bunch of followers and be decent with shooting still.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

The default Charisma/agility character build is pretty much the ideal build for having an easy time because you can get a bunch of followers and be decent with shooting still.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Might and Magic 6 is very good and should run on a 15+ year old PC.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the Might and Magic games all own. 6-8 turning into a weird hybrid RT/TB thing with a million enemies that can be played like an insane FPS should never have worked but it did.

10 is actually pretty good too, the guys who made it clearly got given a shoestring budget by Ubisoft but they obviously love the franchise a lot, and it's funny picking which other games they took enemy models from. lots of Dark Messiah guys in there

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I like my gaming pc because when I turn it on the cats go sleep on it instead of my ps4 and then i can see the tv better.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

mysterious frankie posted:

I like my gaming pc because when I turn it on the cats go sleep on it instead of my ps4 and then i can see the tv better.

Please don't let your cats sleep in dangerous places

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Please don't let your cats sleep in dangerous places

this is good advice for people too. thx.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Hey Chief posted:

Wormskull posted:

Yeah cool op. Don't forget to get the Forlorn Wolf Coat from the Undead Menagerie by killing the ghosts with dark magic and also don't put any points into agility. Uhhh lets see here probably have a few thousand more tips for you to play this single player game that relies heavily on mystery, rofl. Dark Souls is awesome and remember, yes it's hard but actually it's p. Easy.

Wrote on my iPhone 6 whilst taking a poo poo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
if you get Deus Ex please also get it on steam with this mod to upgrade your graphics: http://store.steampowered.com/app/397550/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

if you get Deus Ex please also get it on steam with this mod to upgrade your graphics: http://store.steampowered.com/app/397550/

You don't need this poo poo to play deus ex

• Locked thread