Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
blood bowl seems like it needs to be ultra silly, not grimdark and brutal. poo poo, I dislike 40k when it's grimdark and brutal, I like treating everything like they're literal cartoon characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If I would like to start playing necromunda, what rulebooks do I need?

Like ok I bet there's a Rulebook, but is there a ton of supplements and specific books for each gang like kill team?

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 31, 2022

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Atlas Hugged posted:

You sit patiently and ignore Necromunda altogether until Ash Wastes comes out.

this is probably what's gonna happen

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

AnEdgelord posted:

I have the same question but with Cawdor instead of Escher.

Same but corpsegrinders

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Count Thrashula posted:

There's a joke here about being a Florida metalhead

That's a lot of the reason I picked up a box of them on the cheap

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That chaos gladiator centaur thing fuckin rules

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yes and also for marine teams you get 6 dudes, not 5. There's been some big FAQs

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Floppychop posted:

For the exact converting I had to do it only took converting one arm that was originally for a lasgun to work on a special gun.

I got cheeky and converted some of the special weapons to one handed, like a really badass pose where a gunner is holding a melta gun in his left hand and throwing a grenade in the right. But I still kinda want to get another box so I can have 4 dudes with lasguns, even though the COD killstreaks are so sick.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Moola posted:

Jeffery needs to grow some balls imo

i got a link for an stl file for that but I don't want to get in trouble

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Rofl why is megamind in necromunda now?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

EdsTeioh posted:

In KT, is there a reason that the "MWs" rule exists instead of just making it crit damage?

ex: a LongLas has D: 3/3 with MWs3 as the special ability. Isn't this functionally the same as having it be D: 3/6?

You can critical save to protect against a normal crit, but the mortal wounds still go through if the crit is saved.

Functionally yes but basically if you crit with a melta or sniper you're guaranteed those wounds as they can't be saved unless with Feel no Pain or whatever

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yup

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Kriegers are probably the best team in the game. But yeah compendium teams are kinda butt compared to the fancy teams that have more utility all over the place.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

EdsTeioh posted:

I really don't understand why they just don't sell some sort of ebook that is updated when the rules update. Like for all of their poo poo. Or you, the loving apps that they already have in place that are in theory structured to do exactly that.

this is probably my number 1 complaint about GW

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
One of the local dudes made a single page pdf cheat sheet for each of his kill teams with all the rules as lmao there's so many books to carry around. But there's been more KT popping up at the LGS and people are there each Wednesday, and I'm stoked for it. Finally got to play my Legionnaires

Edit: they're full nurgle Florida Men who just don't die. Their goal is to keep snowbirds off their lawn by playing defensively. Like that butcher charged through a mine and shrugged it off only taking two damage then stomped a marines face in. The sorc is nothing to sneeze at too. Not super optimal but I'm happy with these and had fun

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 7, 2022

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bottom Liner posted:

You're not Central FL right? Can't remember

Tampa, I can PM you an invite to a FL KT discord if you'd like

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

JcDent posted:

Wait, how many books are there rn? I haven't played much past the release, but with my Krieg painted, I may have to.

Core rules, compendium, octarius, chalnath, nachmund, nephelim, dataslate, faqs, and a bunch of white dwarfs

Just give us an app that doesn't suck

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

JcDent posted:

What do non-Core/FAQ/Octarous books add that I'd need to run my Veteran Guardsmen?

nothing

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Covermeinsunshine posted:

This kind of conical hoods are popular in Spain as part of religious processions (it is called Capirote or something like that) but as far as I understand it does go back to inquisition. They also exist in some form in Italy

It is indeed called a capirote and is literally a dunce cap. It's meant to signify that the person is doing penance and hides their shame from other people.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
yeah I work out at the library

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yeah and in America calling someone a nob is just goofy but in England is a big yikes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Played my first game of kill team for the league at my LGS and eked out a victory. The Florida Men vs Phobos marines

Acolyte, Plasma Gunner, Chosen, Heavy Gunner (running missile launcher, but modelled with a chain cannon because come on it's so cool looking), Icon Bearer, and Butcher. All with mark of nurgle. The free crit save is so good with them and it's so awesome to get to freely use their strat ploys each round. Doing a mix/match of the other gods is probably better but i'm thoroughly enjoying how tough these guys are.

It was mission 3.1 and I'm kinda proud of this board I came up with on the spot with my random terrain from the box sets. The phobos player definitely had some fun on this board with their insane mobility.

Can't wait to get more games in.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The thing I hate the most is that the numbers on the sprues are not in order and seemingly randomized. So god help you try to find part#34 because it's no where near 33 or 35

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Floppychop posted:

Part numbers are by model instead of by how they are on the sprue. So like Marine 1 will be parts 1-6, or whatever.

Having parts be numbered by sprue location would be way better.

They've been pretty decent with keeping sections together on most marine kits I've put together. Torso+legs will be 1-6 and all situated pretty close together. But then left arm + right arm are no where near each other.

The absolute worst offender was the AOS soulblight gravelord direwolves kit because holy poo poo nothing was organized. I spent more time trying to find pieces than actually cleaning parts and gluing them together.

Cthulu Carl posted:

LOL, I mentioned this once when Cursed City came out and compared GW's mess of poo poo sprues with parts smeared randomly over multiple sprues with little logic to gunpla sprues and got yelled at by nerds.

I get that they can't be neatly arranged and spaced like gunpla parts, but come the gently caress on, make the numbering make loving sense and be easy to locate parts, that's not loving hard.

Bandai gunpla kits are magic. I wish any mini wargaming company had that level of quality.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Z the IVth posted:

Except you are looking for parts so if you need a leg you're immediately going to discount all the non-leg shaped objects.

Unless your brain can't handle object recognition in which case I would be concerned since that upgrade pack should have been installed when you were like 3 months old.

legs fine, but sometimes its like half of a dog's head and there's a lot of dog like heads on the sprue and they're all randomly placed

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Kommandos are the simplest of those three

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Siivola posted:

I want to build a Kill Team, but the only things I feel like painting are tactical Marines and Eldar Guardians. :negative:

Phobos marines are really fun, both to play and to paint.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
it'd be so sick but absolutely impossible to balance to have a guard kill team that's just one tank

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

This is a good start and I hope they do more like this

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
At least let necrons have a team that doesn't suck complete rear end. Only a 4" movement on most of their dudes is trash

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I scavenged some dudes, dug out the bits box, and made an intercessor team with stuff I basically had laying around.

oh and there's a grenade dude on loan from my assault intercessors

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sharkopath posted:

Oh no I think you're right, you'd still get the the benefit to rolling saves while being in cover, you just wouldn't get the automatic save.

The terrain rules I still think are kinda clunky in this game, like at first glance they're pretty simple but I still have to think and rethink about how the combination of activation order, terrain type, vantage, obscurement, and line of sight interact pretty often. Along with all the abilities that nullify one or several of those mechanics.

Often times you can try to make a map that looks sick as hell and even for both sides then discover that there's a vantage point that can just shut down the whole map without any real counterplay because the sniper is concealed.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
WYSIWYG can suck it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I was also cleaning up some space by cutting a bunch of old stuff off used sprues and organizing them in a bits box. Found some small marine bodies and a bunch of storm bolters, then came up with an idea for a "counts as grey knights" kill team

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The green ones. They cut through a pile of sprues and filled out the bits box that gave me the idea. I was thinking of tactilol'ing out the bolt rifles with canted irons, flashlights, etc but got distracted with the other project.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
My tip for prepping the walls is to use a box cutter for scraping the mould lines as it's so much faster. Or at least it was for me as I just held it like I was peeling potatos which didn't cramp my hand up as much as trying to use an xacto.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Played my first game of ITD today and accidentally picked one of the narrative missions because I didn't see there were symmetrical, competitive missions in the back of the book. We both played teams we haven't played before and I finally got to use my corsairs.

This is the coolest poo poo. I lost badly because corsairs are hard to play. But man, I wish the guard action (basically xcom overwatch) was something in regular KT. It also went pretty fast because we didn't spend forever measuring sight lines and poo poo.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Refind Chaos posted:

drat, from this shot those Voidscarred Corsairs look amazing! I'm just finishing up my ItD terrain but I'm so excited for the new ruleset and getting to play it soon. I'm still trying to get a group of people playing locally, but I think I'm finally starting to make some headway!

Thank you, I had a lot of fun making the corsairs. They're very killy but also very fragile, i'm used to my indestructible nurgle legionnaires and it's definitely going to take a few games to get used to them. But ItD is really awesome and so cool looking. It's certainly different than base KT and it's a fun change.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I want to see if the crew at my LGS can home rule the "on guard" action for non-itd games because that mechanic rules. Also just double checking, you can't use it to interrupt a move, right? Like if a gunner is on guard over a corridor and an enemy moves across the opening but ends out of LOS, you can't shoot them as they're moving? I've been playing it as 'cant shoot' because it felt lame to just instant murder poo poo with an on guard melta from a nurgle marine that still hit on 3+

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
xpost from the painting thread. I'm going to have so much fun with every model in the gellerpox team

Spanish Manlove posted:

Drybrush then contrast is literally how I just did this guy today, only it was a brown/white gradient not black/white. I'm going to mess with the underpainting colors and see what I can come up with. Oh and for how much I listen to death metal, I never painted anything gory. Well, until now:

I made the blood splatters with still water effect, a dark red, and burnt umber ink mixed to taste, then flicked it on with a brush May have gone a little overboard on it but I wanted this guy to look like he came from an album cover