Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

berzerkmonkey posted:

NM Dark Uprising: Here's where I make the unpopular call - I don't think it's worth it, IMO.

I think once that got out in the wild and people saw what they are getting, that was a pretty common response. You don't see much push on it because people that bought it don't want to be reminded how much they spent on it.

It doesn't help that the gangs that came with it are rather divisive as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Reckless-Weapons with this trait ignore the normal target priority rules. Instead, before making an attack with a weapon with this Trait, randomly determine the target of the attack from all eligible models within the fighter's line of sight.

So with Rapid Fire (3) you might be able to walk your fire back to whatever you wanted to shoot at.

Rules be creepin', yo.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Genghis Cohen posted:

That RF3 weapon (and to be fair we haven't seen the cost yet, and it may only be available on that BS5+ model) is bonkers. Reckless is a crippling drawback on paper, but if you manage it right in Zone Mortalis games it's fine.

RF3 AND Unstable. If you manage to get two rounds of shooting off with that thing, it'll be a goddamn miracle.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

Dumb n00b painting question but I am trying to take a shortcut because I have so many. I am painting up about 150+ stands of Necrons for Epic 40k. Can I just base coat them with silver spray/near chrome? or should I primer them first then spray them down. I'd rather spend time picking out details than doing a base coat.

I have a feeling like you are going to hate life less if you spray whatever color you are using for the base color on the base, then pic out the figs. At least that was the lesson I learned grinding through Warmaster jams.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

glitchkrieg posted:

I'm optimistic about the rules changes to Blood Bowl, mostly because splitting Agility off into different stats/skills has been something I've discussed with friends in the past. That or moving to D8s or D10s makes such a difference.

My only concern is balance, as it could nerf some of the more fun builds for teams and push them into dull mono-build directions. The game doesn't need more teams that play exactly like Dwarves.

Have to say, not a fan. Throwers appear to be by far the best to attempt any kind of pass, so will be priority #1 for the other team to mash into the turf. For my Human teams, if I didn't take a Thrower, anyone else could stand-in. Now, good luck getting a pass off with a Catcher or Lineman. I have a hunch that grind teams will be more popular and anyone trying to use a passing team will need cages just to keep blocks off their Thrower.

Or people will just ignore this and continue on with the CRP or whatever version their league is using.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I am so glad the new house books have a list of all the card rules in them. Getting the physical cards for anyone is impossible
Slave Ogryn tactics are only in the deck.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I am sure it would be fairly easy to find :filez: if you were so inclined.

That and I can count on a shop teacher's hand the number of times I have played a game of N17/18/20 that used any tactics cards.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Word is Catacombs is $210.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

xutech posted:

can anyone tell me what they think of Aeronautica? it's not really my bag but from the outside it looks like its been getting a lot of support, and models and stuff and I wonder if anyone can give me the goss. I'm totally ignorant of that scene and what it thinks, the last mega event I went to had a small number of players and since then a lot of stuff has come out..
If you played the original 2000s version of AI, it seems like the feeling is that the current version is 'for babby'. If this is your first exposure, people seem to be okayish with it. The take is that the game is fine but balance is skewed due to 'always take' and 'trap' variants. Then there is the difficulty in getting some of the original materials like the boards/maps/whatever the hell they are calling them and cards (if you want to play with 100% official merch). They also talked about having six forces available within a short time, but it was Imperial and Orks for a decent amount of time before the Tau release, and they haven't even announced what the fourth force is. Given the current production difficulties, I am sure AI is pretty low on their priority, which doesn't instill confidence in the long-term health of the game since the driving factor on what they release is previous sales.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

:actually: ...previously those kinds of games were US Barnes & Noble exclusives. The batch last year were the first ones available in Germany and (maybe?) the UK. Lotsa Euro-grogs were upset that they weren't able to get the first edition of Blitz Bowl.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

eBay? For hundreds of dollars. Each.

The prices on the Blackstone expansions is fooking insane.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Crackbone posted:

Sent an email to complain about the order being in limbo for a month to GW customer service. The auto responder said not to expect a reply for up to 5 days.

:cmon:
They can't be bothered responding when they have poo poo to paint for Tale of Four Gamers!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Verisimilidude posted:

What size are hero bases by the way?
20-25mmish, a big coin, washer, or one of the Renendra flat rounds work.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Since Andy is such a turbo-homer for Necromunda, I’d expect it to outlive everything else in boxed games.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

berzerkmonkey posted:

Wish I was smart and just bought the stuff when I had a chance instead of just assuming at the time it would always be available.

That's how they get'cha!

...looks around at all the poo poo in the rest of the room and then thinks about the stockpile in the garage that won't get painted before I die...

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Ehhhh... beer & pretzel-y, people that played the original/Forgeworld version largely prefer that one.

Having plastic planes is nice, and it is sorta supported, but good luck finding books/boards outside of a release window.

If you are psyched about it, go for it?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

That would be a huge change from how that was handled previously. Though to be fair, who else would get the license these days?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Coming up with enough granularity for all the weapon variants in 40k might be a bit of a task, but I'd be willing to play a 40k variant of Warcry over another game of Kill Team mostly based on the fact that even if I was getting housed, the games are quick enough that getting 3-5 in a session/evening is reasonable.

Bolt on a modified version of the 1995 Necromunda or Mordheim campaign system and you would probably have about the best GW RPG-lite skirmish game you could ask for.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Schadenboner posted:

E: I do feel like the Blood Axes are just the sort of tactilol assholes who would have leatherman multitools rather than swiss army knives, though?
Leathermen are actually useful, SAK are tourist-level garbage. Checks out.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Maneck posted:

The stream was weird, in that they said this was the first time models had been produced specifically to be Kill Team ready. The Gellarpox/Rogue Trader box was only two something years ago, wasn't it?
Dude also said this was the first set of Ork terrain. Mekboy Workshop, we hardly knew ye...

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Z the IVth posted:

That's an interesting way of doing it, maybe for more mass production or duplicating parts compatible for multiple bodies?

Balance is pretty important as well. Having a mould being cast get out of balance is... not pretty. It is a lot easier to make sure all the chambers are evenly spaced and filled if they are the same part.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Desfore posted:

At that size, would those blades even be sharp? I just imagine it operating like one of those gigantic excavator machines, scooping/tearing material off rather than actually cutting.

Just a giant, weaponized escalator, hungering for flesh...

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Leperflesh posted:

At least with X-Wing, the ships with the cards you wanted didn't all go out of stock instantly, you could actually buy them whenever you wanted.

LOLWUT? XW was the poster child for 'well, we are never getting that back in stock now...'

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

They are Guilders, so the Enforcers don't have to be corrupt for them to be at their beck and call. Only Helmawr is above the Guilds, and even that is debatable.

In fact, you can't ally with Guilders if you are an outlaw.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Enforcers working for Guilders is like the exact opposite of being bent. Other Enforcers would probably make fun of them for being complete herbs.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Mesh is kind of a questionable choice to start. If you decide you want it, it is fairly cheap, otherwise you are fishing for 5+, if you even get a save. I’d say Smoke would be a better choice to keep from getting shot and getting the Death Maiden in close, but being N18, I doubt there will be a lack of Smoke.

For the Death Maiden, she is so combat-centered, you are probably better off forgetting about her shooting and save for Stimm-Slugs for your first Trading Post visit.

I’d stick with the Bolter, it works better with the whip. Plasma Pistol/Whip is not a great mix.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Romeo is an rear end in a top hat, their foam doesn't fit things like it is supposed to, is scratchy as poo poo, and they don't honor their warranties if they don't feel like it.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

4x4 is a little tight, but you could do a version of Da Chase or the Dark Future rolling road. I would be shocked if that isn't at least one, if not the main type of scenario they do.

Or it could just be Ash Wastes! versions of the current 50+ or however many scenarios there are.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Of COURSE Eldar would have OSHA inspectors that nobody fuckin' listens to.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Eediot Jedi posted:

The Tears of Osha.

Everyone is a Sentinel Power Lifter Operator until the real Sentinel Power Lifter Operator shows up.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

There are some good interviews in here. https://johnwombat.wordpress.com/blog/

If you think Kirby is a boogieman, it is gonna be wild when you hear some OG tales of Bryan Ansell!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

A vehicle allotment.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

$95 and $60 for the Cargo-8.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Pretty sure that is a print. It doesn't have the goofy skulls n' stars the original ones had.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

LOL, Mordheim vampires are no joke. Apparently because the rest of the gang is absolute dogshit.

Best bet is to avoid it, play the scenario, wreck as much of the other stuff as you can.

Otherwise, crossbows, handguns are good if you can get a shot. Pistols are okay, but if you are that close, you're probably dead.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Enforcers already got two entire sprues, so they are likely pretty good for a while.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

That is why Inq28 was a thing from the word go.

The few times I played Inquisitor that weren't 'official' we used 40k figs rather than the INQ jams.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

There was.

It wasn't in any of the LoTR publications because it wasn't 'technically' a LoTR release. It was totally 'blink and you'll miss it'. I think the entire release range was the box game and like one metal blister of Smaug or something.

e: Oh shits, there were more blister releases than I remember.

https://www.nobleknight.com/Products/Lord-of-the-Rings---The-Battle-of-Five-Armies-10mm

Robert Facepalmer fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

thebardyspoon posted:

If stuff is on back order everywhere, including the GW website, that means it's out right now and should be back right? Cause they put "no longer available" on stuff that is properly gone for good? Just unsure cause other stuff I've tried to acquire in the past from other companies, they weren't the most diligent about keeping that sort of info accurate and obviously the third party websites are just gonna report on their own stock I guess?

Just asking cause one of my friends wants to get into Necromunda and play it together as an aside to regular 40k and the Hive War starter box seems like the best option for what we want since he would wanna play the Delaque, I'd wanna play Escher and it comes with some terrain and all the other gubbins. It's "on back order" everywhere though and I'm not sure if that's just a right now situation or long term cause it came out in June 2021.

No longer available could be it is gone forever or they are changing the trade dress (they never reuse bar codes, so if they change a box <hello tenth edition!> that code is dead to the system). Could also be a fat-finger on the code status as well. Catachan Command was NLA a couple weeks ago, but is Temporarily Out Of Stock now.

Hive War appears to be in stock on the GW site in the english-speaking territories I scanned through, but I can't imagine it is high on the list of things to reprint since that box is a heckin' chonker.