Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

FrostyPox posted:

No Inquisitor in the OP? :colbert:

That was.... well, I remember having fun with it, I don't remember if it was actually good.

Amazingly, it still has a following - although most do the sensible thing and play it in 28mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

berzerkmonkey posted:

I decided to look up "Pilgrym's Progress" the other day and found the "rules" at the bottom of the rabbit hole. It sounds really cool, but you'd need a dedicated GM for something like that.

Have a source or PDF or anything? I started digging around without much luck.

Also, part of me just says to use stripped down Dark Heresy 2nd Ed Rules but with miniatures...?

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yep, bought a bottle after seeing people sing its praises. i used it once, then immediately threw my testors cement in the trash

If anyone else needs convincing, this was also my reaction. Every other piece of glue and style of bottle immediately became garbage.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Super glue gel exists though.

:thunk:

I should have been more clear - every other type of PLASTIC glue and type of bottle was garbage.

Super glue still has a time and place. I used to be a CA/Superglue proponent, but now Tamiya is used for like 95% of everything I do.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
Posted this over in the Kickstarter thread, but there's probably be a ton of interest here.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tinkerhousegames/tinkerturf-full-color-wargaming-terrain

Pre-painted heavy card terrain perfect for Necromunda. Walkways, platforms, scatter, etc. The first stretch goal was posted on Facebook - it's an underhive themed paint job with tons of rust, weathering, etc.

Edit: Whoops. Looks like it's 2mm card and not 2mm MDF.

Enentol fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 12, 2018

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Rhaegar posted:

Does anyone have any thoughts on this terrain. It looks pretty good. Perfect for Necromunda. Never heard of the company that makes this though.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tinkerhousegames/tinkerturf-full-color-wargaming-terrain

Posted this on the previous page. Sadly, doesn't look like they'll hit their goal. Shame, would be nice to see the stretch goals come to life.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
This thread definitely needs more painted space dollies.

So here's my Goliaths, The Compact Kings.

Big size

They run the trash compactors and incinerators in the underhive. Serendipitously, there's actually a compactor tile in the new set coming out. Can't wait to toss some chumps into it.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
Dang, you guys certainly know how to make a dude feel good about his work! :)

Gonna be playing my first games on the weekend of the 24th. Stupidly excited. Will try to snap some pictures.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Merton Blask posted:

Totally stole Enentol's hazard stripes, thanks for the idea!

I do what I can!

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Nifara posted:

Ah well, poo poo, teaches me to not keep my mouth shut. Guess it's not really anything that's gonna cause any blowback on anyone I know though, I just need to think this poo poo through more carefully in future. Thank christ I didn't drop James or anyone else in the poo poo.

So... uh, on that premise, gonna try and word this carefully.

Some people who I know, who have good reason to know things, have weighed in on why shitbags like Tony get kept around. Apparently, back in the day there was an option to buy stock on a monthly basis which a few of the higher up folks took serious advantage of. Tony, in particular, maxed out his contributions every month for the duration of the scheme, and then bought up some additional stock later from other people.

He's not a controlling interest, but he's a significant enough shareholder that it makes it politically difficult to get rid of him. This is true for a bunch of other people at that level.

Edit: James has said it's fine because he basically said all this in a reddit AMA he did a while back. He's also hilariously said that he's just finished up doing Blitzbowl for GW as a consultant. So they'll, you know, get him to write new games, just not fix the old ones...

If anyone is curious about more, James took to twitter. Click through for a big thread of tweets.:
https://twitter.com/lagoon83/status/966558499860811776

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Eifert Posting posted:

Did they ever announce when the bitz sprus were coming out for Goliath and Escher?

Merton Blask posted:

Nope. Current grapevine has it that they’ll drop around the same time they expand the armory and trading post in GWIII.

With the releases being quarterly, the safe bet is that they land in May. Warhammer Fest is May 12th and 13th.

I'd put money on seeing the next gang (rumoured Van Saars), GWIII, some of the bounty hunters, and the bits packs there.

Whether they'll be a pre-release like the Necromunda weekender, that's anyone's guess.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

berzerkmonkey posted:

Does anyone know if the gang cards in the base set are the same as the Escher and Goliath cards that are sold individually?

Booyah- posted:

They're not, I think there's a big spreadsheet, or it's in that rules compilation. Both the generic and gang specific cards are different than what's in the box.

I've used each set a bunch, and although there are some pretty good cards in the Escher and Goliath packs, they're by no means necessary.

Escher has some nasty stuff in theirs, but the Goliath's set from the main box is already pretty good. Orlock pack was kind of a let down to be honest.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Galaspar posted:

First three new Orlocks complete.

Where are these heads from?

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
Home sick, so I took some notes from the WarhammerTV Gang War 3 preview. I missed the first hour (thought it was GMT, not BST), but the second hour was full of info. Caught some of the battle report too.

This is the first book of the series with the two new Necromunda leads writing it. It seems to contain a ton of stuff.

Van Saars

I’m guessing they covered the Van Saar list in the first hour, cause they really didn’t talk about it much. Along with Van Saars, there's a few named characters/hired-guns including new Orlock with the cyber mastiff.

Van Saar are obviously the shooty and technological gang. They’re frail, not liking close combat – so toys to compensate. Bad initiative.

Easy access to plasma, suppression lasers (laser shotguns?!), grav weapons in house list.They said that Van Saar lasguns are better than standard – but I’m not sure how. Rad Cannon and Rad Grenades in house list as well. Rad Cannon is range 32, Blast.

New Rad-phage rule – models hit take a flesh wound regardless of the wound/injury results. Van Saar suits mean they’re immune to rad.

Brutes

Brutes are hireable, big dumb guys. They include things like Ambots and Slave Ogryns. They’re a new class of Hanger On.

The list will be greatly expanded in the future. Each gang will be getting a themed brute.

Brutes are slow, but hit hard in close combat. However, they may not always do what you want.

Pets

Pets are upgrades for leaders and champions. There are limits for how many you can take based on pet type. Eg. One guy can take up to 3 cyber mastiffs. Not sure if there’s a gang limit though – or just capped at champion limit.

Pets usually have to stay close to the model that owns them. Can't go further than 3". Some have extended ranges, like Escher Phyrr cats that can go up to 9".

Each pet has different advantages and rules. Eg. Fighters can’t be coup de grace’d when they have a cyber mastiff. Cyber mastiffs are better at detection of attackers during sentry missions. Van Saar cyberarachnid is great on terrain and has different weapon modules they can plug in.

Pets can gain limited skills. Skill lists reflect gangs they're from.

Confirmed pets in GW3: cyber mastiff, phyrr cats, sump croc, cyberarachnid, caryatid.

Caryatid is a weird cherub baby thing that is attracted to lucky gangers and makes them luckier. But, if you start to fail, it can betray you.

Trading Post

Trading post = "Crazy amount of new stuff". Contains all house weapons and all imperial weapons from 40k. Some weapons are still house-exclusive (eg. Escher chem-thrower).

Gangs can have different prices for different weapons.

Huge amount of new wargear including force fields and displacer fields.

Lots of ammo and armour types.

Servo skulls are new wargear with lots of different types that have different bonuses.

No xenos weapons "yet", but lots of stuff that hasn't been seen before on 40k battlefields.

House lists have been extended so there are more options at creation time. Eg. everyone can take heavy stubbers when they create gangs now. Not sure if this means that there is an extended “house item list” for everyone, or if it’s the whole trading post open at gang creation.

Expanded Campaign Rules

Tons of new campaign rules (think Turf War 2.0). A big expansion.

Expanded role of arbitrator
More advice and guidance on running campaigns.
Balancing mechanisms for gangs – buffs for lower gangs, challenges for better gangs.
New options for battles, campaign events.

Introduces monsters, independent gangs (gilder watchmen, or other groups with narrative roles in the scenarios)

Narrative Scenarios

A lot of new scenarios Each scenario can be played in either Zone Mortalis or Sector Mechnicus styles. Each can be played as a skirmish, campaign, or "arbitrated campaign game" (add monsters, etc.)

Last Stand: Was the Warhammer TV battle report. One gang sets up whole crew within 6” of the middle of table as defender. Attackers can start on any and all table edges. Attacker has 7 turns to wipe defenders. When an attacker model is knocked out of action, it gets recycled back on as a reinforcement. Not sure if they can bring on new models as reinforcements.

Escape the Pit: Two gangs are down in a disused part of the hive. Some ancient mechanism has come to life and the walls start to close in garbage compactor-style (or a hive section starts collapsing, etc.). Start with gangs on either side of the board and an escape point in the middle. Grab loot and get out. At the end of each turn, there’s a chance that the hive closes in. Eg. take a board tile off if playing 2D or reduce playing size by 6" if playing 3D. Gangers have a chance to scramble out of the section right before it goes.

Downtown Dustup: Two gangs have found themselves in a settlement. Both are claiming its as their own. NPC civilian hive-dwellers are scattered around the bord. They'll react to combat (behaviour table with 3? random results). Gotta keep the civilians alive and protect them to have better rewards post-mission.

Shootout: It’s back! Similar to 1st edition. Big rep rewards for holding nerve.
Caravan Heist: Great for making money. A guilder caravan moves slowly across the board and one gang has to defend it from ambushers. Can model the caravan as trucks, wagons, etc. Can kit the caravan model out with heavy stubbers, flamers, etc. for defense. “Tough nut to crack, but lots of money to be made.”

Spook Harvest: One gang fights their way into a spook-growing area. Gotta harvest as much as you can and get out. When you harvest, there’s a chance it'll mess you up. You have to roll on a table (not sure if it happens if you fail a test, or every time). Results:
Oh god oh god oh god: ganger panics, may attack his friends
It’s like the universe is in my mind: random “power”
Today, I am the emperor: “you are your ‘best self’ and you go and thrash people”

In the Dark: Gang fight, but in total darkness. “Pitch Black” rules in effect. Can see about 3”. Wargear can help you overcome (night vision goggles, etc.). Muzzle flashes (or being on fire) give you away. Horrors and monsters may lurk in the dark.

Monster Hunt: Uses tentacle terrain piece - but LOTS of them. A bounty has been placed on a monster – but you have to go flush it out first. Tentacles start to pop up as gangers get seriously injured. After you kill a certain amount, the giant monster turns up. Gang who gets killing blow gets tons of money.

Multiplayer

New rules for multiplayer games - including MP-specific scenarios.

They ran out of time, but one example was "Pit fight", where each player takes one of their champions to brawl gladiator-style.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Merton Blask posted:

Oh that was you? I just saw that posted on FB, thanks a ton for the write up.

Jeez, it looks like GW3 has pretty much everything I wanted out of Necromunda. I am jazzed.

Yeah, it definitely seems like GW3 is a must-buy. Like it'll actually make Necromunda feel like a complete game (minus the two remaining house gangs to be released, that is).

I went from being so-so on the idea of more books to being actually curious about what they'll do with GW4.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Pand posted:

If I don't play Orlocks is gw2 still worth it or should I skip it and get gw3 instead ?

Definitely skip. GW3 is so, so much better by comparison.

The only thing worth looking at for non-Orlock players is the three Hangers-On and the new tiles (if you have them). All of those can be copied by hand super easily as needed.

Hell, even for Orlock players there's not much. Even their weapon list is in GW3 now.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
Gamemat.eu's mat also looks pretty good.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
Yeah, I've played a few campaigns since release, and since the first one, no one in my gaming group has taken or bought Juves.

I'm really not sure how GW/FW think they're supposed to work, but they don't make sense currently.

I'd also argue that even with their 5 advances, they won't even really equal Ganger stats, let alone a Champion - and like inept says, their value will be bonkers.

Orlock Juve plus mesh armour = 45 creds
Orlock Ganger that includes mesh armour = 55 creds

For 10 extra creds I get:
-1 movement and initiative, but
+1 WS, +1 BS, +1 Ld, +1 Cl, +1 Wil, +1 Int

The only difference is that Juves get to choose their advances.

I'll still take a Ganger every time.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Schadenboner posted:

Does anyone know if the Chronicles from the Underhive podcast is any good or if they’re chuddies?

They're not bad to throw on in the background while painting or something. A few episodes have some pretty rough audio, though.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

JcDent posted:

OK lads, what happens when a Broken ganger gets Seriously Injured? How/how much do they move?

Can a seriously injured ganger get broken?

The second question first: Seriously Injured gangers don't test for Nerve (top of page 62). However, it does say that Broken fighters make become Seriously Injured and remain as such.

In terms of how far they move: although it doesn't really define it, I'd say that they'd move 1/2 their Move max, just like if they were activating normally while injured. Doesn't make sense for someone bleeding out to get up and just start sprinting. Also, keep in mind that if they're Seriously Injured behind any amount of cover (from the point of view of the enemy), they technically can't be seen, so they don't have to move at all.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

Genghis Cohen posted:

As with the other gangs, they really exaggerated the look of Delaque from older sources. I think I like it, but not so sure about the paintscheme. Maybe its the very closed poses, but they look quite inhuman.

The art at the end of the reveal trailer is a much nicer scheme - darker, more muted/subdued, and with more of a human-looking skin tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

MrFlibble posted:

Disappointed they didn't reveal which Bloodbowl team is next.

There's another studio preview event at the LVO this week. I expect we'll see details about the next BB and Necro waves.