Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Dayne went to Wisconsin, no one cares about anything done against Big 10 competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also a recent ACC power house is North Carolina. In football. Although to be fair they have been trying harder than anyone else in terms of getting players eligible.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I mean, having it go down as a forfeit is less embarassing, so if you want to think of it that way, go ahead.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

angryrobots posted:

Harbaugh's thoughts on the championship game:

"Well, I heard it was a great game," Harbaugh said. "I have it TiVo'd. I fell asleep. But I heard it was an incredible game."

https://twitter.com/FanSportsClips/status/818982560885682176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

To be fair, Harbaugh strikes me as the type to get up at 4:15 am everyday to do a workout that includes 5 and 7 step drops.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Crotch Bat posted:

No, whatever they did was too much. Out of shape people don't really get rhabdo because they listen to their bodies and stop when it's had too much. Rhabdo is what happens when in-shape people ignore their bodies (or are forced to ignore) and continue to exercise well past its breaking point. There's a reason rhabdo is a Crossfit thing and not something you see at your local YMCA.

Oregon being lovely right now doesn't mean their players are FCS cast-offs who would struggle with a high school workout regimen. The kids are in shape, they were simply overworked. This is not a hell week thing where kids are just puking a lot and are more tired because of the system shock, this was just too much conditioning.

e: and it's not to say it's not somewhat understandable as running kids into the ground in the winter as a new HC is just what's done but this was clearly too intense. It's not something they'll adjust to, it's something that will need to be dialed back.

A single guy getting rhabdo is bad luck, even two could be supremely bad luck, but multiple players is a sign of pushing people far beyond their limits. Its super lovely for everyone involved, and I still hold the idea of not attributing to malice what can be attributed to ignorance, but man, someone has got to go for this.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Warbird posted:

Diners Drive-ins and Dives.

Cheerwine is swill. Cherry Sundrop is p good.

One of my best friends was in two Sun Drop commercials, one with a spoken line! It played all the drat time during college football games and ar first I was like, oh cool, there is Evan, but then after the 100th time I wanted to never drink Sun Drop or see him again.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Regnevelc posted:

Did they ever tell what caused his passing?

Tom Brady.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

If that is even remotely true then Lane Kiffin for TFF Mod.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I have a six year old niece who is obsessed with football but also the mascots, both pro and college. You can give her like any team, even some obscure FCS team and she will know the mascot.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I went to med school and residency. You merely adopted a lack of sleep, I was born in it, molded by it. When my child is born and wakes up every two hours, I will merely laugh, as its time to catch up on youtube vids while I rock you to sleep. You lesser mortals and the need for more than 4 hours of sleep a day will perish.

Yes, I know I will die when I am like 60.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

I work 911 EMS. I'll die from both.

At least you don't have the risk of exposure to OR gasses, which are more and more being implicated in mental health issues and suicides.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

iospace posted:

So, FAU's second game is in Madison.

How badly does it go for Kiffin?

FAU's expectations are that they make a bowl game every other year or so.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

wa27 posted:

drat, we all missed the chance to say "last game of your career, Brent, can't hold anything back now" when he started talking about Joe Mixon.

SECOND DOWN AND NINE.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

big money big clit posted:

Eddie Jackson was probably not given a BMW i8 and also a Vette stingray.

That was my thought, kike half of thoae are most likely at car shows or they saw one and grabbed a pic with it. Recruits aren't getting high performance cars worth 6 figures.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Crotch Bat posted:

That sounds like bullshit. Using Rivals, Texas had 2 in 2007, 3 in 2009, 2 in 2010, 1 in 2011, 2 in 2012, 1 in 2015, and 1 in 2016. That's 12 just by themselves. Unless Bama's class was 25 5* (which, hey, it's Bama) then it sounds like something someone just ran with or used some retarded metrics to make up.

e: They have 7 on Rivals this year which, while a shitload, is not more than a conference for a decade. There's no way they did more in a year than UT and OU did in a decade, at least not in recruiting.

I think they mean in the last ten years, the Big 12 has never had more than 7 five stars in a given year.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Texas State had the number one recruiting class in the Sun Belt, which hopefully means a season with more than 3 wins is on the horizon!

I just looked them up and they were winless in conference play. Were the three wins against Div 2?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Butch jones is loving trash

And Tom Herman is taking his advice!

https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/826886214716387328

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I just have everyone run a wheel route.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I feel like it would be Duke.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I feel like there has to be a certain level of intellectual arrogance to go sovereign citizen, and when I think of intellectual arrogance, I think of Duke.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

I'm relatively sure I never learned anything that Sovcit's say in 1L. It's all nonsensical and is seemingly based on the Articles of Confederation being that the Constitution was an illegal coup of the rightful government.

What I am saying is that the illuminati has taken over all levels of the legal system in this country from the judiciary to the lowest levels of legal education.

Well that depends, did the flag at your law school have a gold fringe? You might want to check it out, your law degree might only apply to maritime courts.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Adun posted:

Most people at Duke don't really care enough about anything other than going to the right law school/med school/corporate job. The whole sovereign citizen thing would get in the way of becoming the perfect yuppie.

Thats a good point, plus I imagine any police interaction between a Duke student and police always has "My dad/mom/uncle is a lawyer!" within the first 30 seconds.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Vertical Lime posted:

gg by being nice to them ncaa

Yeah, if only the NCAA had kept the wins vacated and the program on probation then this would have been avoided.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That's weird. They're a soup and sandwich place, fine, nothing special.

Yeah, one just opened here. In fact, they had a "training night" where you signed up and got a free meal in exchange for rating the service etc. The food was decent, its all soups, slads, and sandwiches. She probably just wants to participate in a business with the guise of "we are trying to make money" rather than "we are trying to make money but don't want you to know about it in anyway and this is kind of indentured servitude".

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

TBeats posted:

The SEC is a better top though.

Yeah, but the ACC is a true power bottom.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

vyst posted:

Just fyi I'd be ok losing games like 1293-50 because it would mean we scored 50 points on offense. Because if you let up 1293 points you didn't score any of your 50 on defense.

Give me 2007 Florida season over the 2012 season any day.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

College baseball is pretty popular in the south and the west.

Yeah, baseball is big in the south, I used to go to a bunch of Florida games. Also, some schools have random programs that are really good and draw a big crowd. My ex-girlfriend in college loved going to the gymnastics meets and they had the O-Dome to over half capacity a few times.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

vikingstrike posted:

UGA gymnastics is more accomplished than the football team

The SEC is/was a really strong conference for gymnastics.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Taurean Charles, wasn't it? That was when Zook threatened to fight an entire frathouse or some poo poo? Or am I getting my UF keg stories mixed up?

I love that Florida has enough keg throwing stories to get confused by them. Zook chucked a half full keg across a frat lawn. Ron Zook needs to come back to Florida and just recruit.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ole Miss beats Bama, technically wins the West, but Bama goes to SECCG where they steamroll Florida befoe winning the CFP. So it is written.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

vyst posted:

Different story. Zook threatened to fight an entire frat house when a bunch of football players went to a party and they were stealing all the girls and the frat kicked them out and there was a Mexican standoff on their lawn with the Zooker in the mix.

Source: I was in the frat house next door lol

I like to imagine he palmed the keg, holding it out like Lebron would a basketball.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Duckaerobics posted:

In undergrad I had a professor come to class once in: jeans, button-down shirt tucked in, denim jacket, and a denim hat.

That's a Canadian Tuxedo.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Regnevelc posted:

Yeah, that's on you then Pakled.

Yeah, especially because he was the one who did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17SoN_dvnBU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Remember that time Notre Dame went 4-8?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

iospace posted:

Honestly, they need to make the playoffs 8 teams and give each conf champ an auto bid, the top G5 team a spot, and two at large.

But of course that's a good idea and as long as Jim Delaney is running the big ten, nope.

While I agree, the problem is that by the NCG, the top two teams will have played 12 regular season games, most likely a CCG, then 3 more games in the playoffs. The only plausible solution would be cutting the regular season back a game or two, but even that gives a ton of scheduling and rivalry issues. It could be done, but there are also revenue streams to think of. Or we could just gently caress amateurism and player safety and make teenagers play the equivalent of a full NFL season.

Edit: The NFL probably wouldn't like it either. NFL ratings fell while college went up, and now you are cutting into their playoffs where they are used to being the only game in town. On top of that, front offices would get tired of having to evaluate more and more injured players due to more games.

swickles fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 13, 2017

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am glad they are going to be sentenced, but what is the point of entering a guilty plea without some kind of understanding what the sentence will be, isn't that the point of a plea bargain?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I actually kind of buy it, the video does look like a 70s style video that HR makes you watch about appropriate office behavior.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Quidditch seems like the soccer of the Harry Potter universe. Wildly popular, pretty boring and there has got to be way more exciting sports to be played on a flying broom.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I just hope we get to see broom jousting in a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

What are the odds of Harbaugh being a never nude? Except instead of cut off jean shorts he wears cut off khakis.

• Locked thread