Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Miami 2 spots behind WVU, whom we beat the poo poo out of so at least they are consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

I'm a fan of dabo for the sheer fact that in a 2 year period he got Al Golden fired, and then beat Saban to keep the 2001 hurricane as the greatest national championship team of all time.

1995 nebraska isn't in the running because it's nebraska.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Has anyone seen a good list of who has a (joking) claim to the national championship based on "we beat the team that beat the team that beat Clemson" chains yet? It should be huge this year, since Pitt lost to a lot of mediocre teams that lost a lot of games. Maybe we even have a Div2 claimant.

i hope the chain runs around enough that Bama claims a title.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Gettysburg College Bullets.

Our mascot was even worse.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

I legitimately think the coach should be fired. Rhabdo isn't something that's easy to get. There is no reason to EVER push someone so far that they come close to the damage required to cause that type of breakdown. The fact that it happened to multiple kids shows that the S&C staff is using outdated training methodologies, and aren't able to program safely for the people in their charge.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Herstory Begins Now posted:

What would be a good way to ease people into that? Maybe some bodyweight squats, pushups, burpees, etc. that they can opt out of at any time? Oh wait

maybe an actual training program that doesn't sound like a 100 day challenge, but thrown into one hour?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Posting this here instead of coaching since I think it'll get more traffic. Article includes the actual email. I am so sorry Houston.

quote:

Part of Mark D’Onofrio‘s pitch to the University of Houston: the time he had away from college football will help him construct a “bad rear end defense.”

In a highly complimentary email typed on his iPhone to new Houston coach Major Applewhite, D’Onofrio pledged to “work [his] rear end off” if hired, and will coach a group that “knocks the crap out of people.”

Apparently, his pitch worked. Houston hired D’Onofrio, who reportedly spent last year coaching one of his sons at a Boys & Girls Club in Miami, on Jan. 6. According to a memorandum of understanding signed by D’Onofrio — not an official contract, but an acknowledgement of terms — UH was prepared to pay him a base salary of $400,000, plus bonuses.

D’Onofrio, who was not retained by new Miami coach Mark Richt in Dec. 2015, was a regular target of fan criticism during his five seasons with the Hurricanes. The defenses he ran under coach Al Golden produced a couple high draft picks (Artie Burns, Denzel Perryman) but were statistically average to below-average and often came up short in tight games. Missed tackles and finishing games were consistent issues.

In the email to Applewhite, D’Onofrio said both of those issues would be strengths for the Cougars, who lost coach Tom Herman to Texas and promoted Applewhite, his offensive coordinator.

D’Onofrio said he would “offer the good and bad experiences I’ve had if needed.

“I am refreshed and ready to go following a year off. … I’ve had a lot of time to review my 123 games, and watch a ton of games this year.”

He said he has “reflect[ed] on how I can improve in every area. As you know, this can only be done when you have Experience [sic] to reflect on.

“I have a chip on my shoulder to do my part better than I ever have.”

http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpos...ad-rear end-defense/

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

I can kinda believe that story. The FAU president came from Clemson. I worked at FAU when he became president and got to sit in on some of the initial interviews with candidates as a grad school rep.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Is Taggert going to make it to spring camp, let alone start of next year?

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/01/oregon_ducks_receivers_coach_j.html

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

As a reminder, a bunch of people said Miami should get the death penalty numerous times for taking players on boats and plying them with strippers and handing out an occasional abortion or something.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

god dammit, now i need to go out clubbing so i can get a picture with him.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

vikingstrike posted:

It kills me to think how the outcome of that would be if they literally ran the ball maybe 3 more times in the fourth. :(

When he got sacked in field goal range instead of running the dang ball, I told my wife that that pats were going to win.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

sportsgenius86 posted:

In respect for the victims of Jeffrey Sandusky, Penn State has agreed to unveil a new statue of Joe Paterno on Joe Paterno Day 2017 this fall.

god dammit, i was going to make this joke.

instead I'm going to run with "at least they waited until Monday to report it so no one's weekend got ruined."

Dilber fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 13, 2017

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

quote:

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 1m1 minute ago
More
#Miami DB Cedrick Wright is no longer a member of the football program. He played in 9 games as a true freshman last season.

Mark Richt has lost control of the Miami Football Program. :getin:

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

LeeMajors posted:

It's not so much that we are sick of Mac as we are understandably sick of completely dysfunctional offense.

It's a completely dysfunctional something, but it sure ain't an offense.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Aren't they already a sanctuary college?

it's not like the cops go after people there.

(this is actually pretty cool FSU)

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Miami has a top 10 graduation success rate for athletes.

:getin:

Also, we had a really strong Polo team from 1947-1950 and Women's Golf during the 70s.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

I've said before someone is going to get a steal with him. He's insanely good.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

He also slammed down Lynch this year in a great tackle.

He's one of my favorite canes of all time.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

If he learned offense from his father he'll be the most boring QB ever.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

So the latest Canes video is coach kool mic'd up at practice.

holy poo poo, mizzou. why would you pick literally anyone over him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5_A_Y74g4U

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

QB Jack Allison transfering from Miami. He's red shirted last year, and seemed to be 3rd or even 4th string this spring behind two guys with no other P5 offers.

Looks like true freshman Perry will be miami's QB next year, because the rest of these dudes have sucked in the spring. Miami is going to have an AMAZING defense, and has a poo poo ton of good skill guys on offense, but no one to give the ball to them.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

KKKLIP ART posted:

I fully expect to take that L just because I don't trust our o-line or Jim chaney to win it for us.

I hope it happens after Richt crushed them last year.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

We might have been lovely for a long time but the only way for you to have more rings is to add both of you together. Should have passed us by now.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Yeah stop ducking us.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

For the FSU and/or other people that have been to Doak Campbell:

How is the parking situation because I can't find anything on it online. My dad and I are going up for Miami/FSU, and I'm trying to plan that out.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

RAID THEIR RECRUITS

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Quandary posted:

I can 100% guarantee every recruit has a closer relationship to Riley than Stoops at this point, and they're probably honestly excited by this.

well then, never mind.

I can't remember a single major scandal of Stoops, so good on him. Enjoy life.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

I guess I just didn't pay much attention to him then.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

For those that haven't seen the greatest video ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-wwFlba8xc

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

swickles posted:

I can see Wake playing at App State. This is also a reminder that Miami played at App State last year.

We beat them so bad their color guard made up a complaint about a miami player pushing them even though there was no video evidence on any of the cameras in the stadium.

:getin:

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Warbird posted:

Apparently China. I tossed in "proper" desktop links. What's bizarre is that it has no issues running just fine in Safari on iOS of all things, so who even knows.

Sorry buddy. My wife is Chinese and didn't make me do any of that.

Also we had a February wedding.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Ours was in the States. gently caress no would I get married near spring festival in China. I could picture every vendor just not showing up.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

DC Murderverse posted:

every year I pray to the college football gods for a year as messed up as 2007, and i think between this being the 10th anniversary and literally the entire rest of the world having gone batshit crazy we're in for a good year.

what would be totally crazy would be miami being back, so i'm in.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

pillsburysoldier posted:

Converted DE with stone feet is our starting LT RIP Francois

Oh my God he'll be dead by game 4.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

I'll take our ranking, since we currently don't have a QB.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Between not having any WRs, losing Cook, and having an OL that makes ours look good, I'm looking forward to being in Tally this year to watch us finally win.

(we won't win)

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

If you ever wanted more uncle luke (and you probably shouldn't), he writes for the Miami New Times.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/authors/luther-campbell-6330591

a real article he wrote about lane kiffin having the best football staff in Florida.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/uncle-luke-lane-kiffin-already-has-the-best-coaching-staff-in-florida-9277437

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Miami's scrimmage this weekend is going to be live for the QBs, so I guess we'll see which ones can take a hit because I know i wouldn't want to play against our D-line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

http://www.inallkindsofweather.com/blog/source-antonio-callaway-jawaan-taylor-among-five-gator-players-involved-in-credit-card-fraud.html

is this technically impermissible benefits, depending on when they pay it back?

• Locked thread