Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
If my Facebook friends are any indication, insecure and boastful ACC fans are trying their best to supplant insecure and boastful SEC fans as the top dog in Vicarious Success Land.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

it looks like the Orange Bowl mascot after a gastric bypass

Meth Orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Scionix posted:

*stumbles into thread, breathless*

I--hah, hah-I HEARD

*hands on knees*

I HEARd-hah-WE NEEDED A MOD

Manoueverable posted:

PNW summers are quite seriously the best weather on the planet imo but um yes actually we do get less than 50 days of sunshine a year. Please don't move here, it's awful. Yeah.

I'd consider moving to the Pacific NW if it didn't mean needing a million dollars for a starter home.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

TFF, my first child was born on friday. My mom brought him a little UGA football and I told him welcome to a lifetime of disappointment and next year is our years. Better to set the record straight from day one and just abandon all hope from the get-go.

Congratulations. In my experience, a baby requires more phone posting.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Usually such low effort is reserved for head coaches in local car dealership commercials.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Kiffin went from the Raiders, to Tennessee, to Southern Cal, and on to Alabama. Now he's at Florida Atlantic University and the drop off in staffing, facilities, and roster has probably thrown him into a deep depression.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Supposedly he sent his ex-gf a bunch of racial slurs directed at a teammate (former teammate?) who had slept with said ex-gf

Doesn't the ex know that she's his property? He's a nice guy!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I would love to see a reality show that revolves around Nick Saban and Chip Kelly's egos fighting inside some sort of thunderdome style structure

Nick Saban is the midget who orders around Master Blaster (in this case, some monstrous 5* recruit).

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Tom Mach is retiring after 41 seasons at Detroit Catholic Central. He's one of the only reasons I'm not a rotting corpse somewhere and was a hell of a coach.

Never heard of him, but he sounds rad.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Bill Snyder's in the hospital for an unknown ailment.

It's not a very good hospital, but Snyder has transferred in some JUCO doctors and coached up those that were there. His condition is expected to improve.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Raku posted:

Keep in mind the densest concentration of sovcits is actually the black gangs of Baltimore who all bought into the "Moorish Law" thing at once to no avail

"I am a direct descendant of the Ancient Moabites of Morocco..."

Emron posted:

Son, it's time you learn the family business.

Jeff Bowden's relative standing just went up a notch.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

Oh man, Ryan Perrilloux. Totally forgot about him. Such a waste.

Great name for an LSU QB, IMHO.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

It really is by the grace of Alabama that everyone isn't mocking the SEC East as badly as they need to be... It is a disaster of a division.

The Champions of Life (An SEC East also-ran) defeated your Hokies on a neutral field. Georgia did the same to UNC. Kentucky beat Louisville @ Louisville. The SEC East isn't what it used to be, but it's not a disaster. Only Florida's offense is a disaster.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

I love the excessive violence. A guy could get killed or brain damaged getting slammed against a wall like that.

Cops can't enter VATS to target a suspect in slow motion, nor is it necessarily wise for an officer to be gentle with an uncooperative drunk. Ugly hit, though.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

MourningView posted:

Imagine watching people run around with a goddamn broom between their legs and unironically calling it cool

Neil Armbong posted:

This. One of the most insufferable people I've had the pleasure of working with loved to talk about how good William & Mary were at Quidditch.

I had to search for "William and Mary quidditch" on YouTube. Williamsburg is a sad college town, but for Pete's sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SieRYdA4cyw

The life of being courtside in basketball. Good showing by the WVU player to shake their hands.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I checked in on college football during the offseason to find out that Coach Mac has been humping sharks instead of fixing the offense.

Crotch Bat posted:

Cook the chicken and sausage, add crab meat in the last 5 minutes or shrimp in the last 3. Can always have both.

It is really good with both.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Raku posted:

I've found the complaints from people who should know better (sbnation staff) about florida's offense not being fun to watch under Mac really grating

The performance of the Florida offense in the past two SEC CGs may have been extremely entertaining for you, but it was painful for me. Stranding a top-tier defense on the field was the worst part about it, but that's really par for the course now with Florida.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

MourningView posted:

I wonder how much differently people would view Stoops if he'd won the title in the middle or end of his career instead of at the very beginning. Like obviously he's an all time great coach either way, but it kinda feels like people never gave the fact that he'd won a national title enough credit when they did all that dumb BIG GAME BOB poo poo because it happened in his second season and was followed with a couple decades of being among the best teams in the sport but not quite the very best

The Florida-Oklahoma title game in January 2009 was pretty close, with some key stops by the Gators' D. He could have easily had a second title in the middle of his tenure.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I'm coming out of hibernation only temporarily to say that I am greatly amused at the news out of Oxford, Mississippi. His wife is going to take him to the cleaners.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

The hooker looks like Birdo.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Pakled posted:

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2017/07/south_alabama_football_practic.html#incart_push

South Alabama's under-construction practice facility collapsed. No one was hurt. Someone on reddit who claims to have spoken to school officials is saying they think it was a sinkhole.

Mobile gets a ton of rain. The explanation isn't far-fetched.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Warbird posted:

I'm really happy the shark loving has got the amount of play that it has. May be the most notable thing to come out of Florida since Tebow graduated.

The angry Muschamp gifs/photos are still bigger than the shark loving.

Anals of History posted:

Can't wait to pay for his meds.

If Slim doesn't get that medicine, he's liable to set a crematorium on fire.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

This paragraph is so brilliant I can hardly loving contain myself

Re: fake field goals - the odds of a fake were always going to be higher than the odds of Florida blocking a kick, yet Meyer fell for it like Charlie Brown trying to kick Lucy's football.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

We're falling over ourselves in this thread to joke/not joke about Ole Miss paying players. When the NCAA is heavy-handed in investigating a player for driving a car with a $500/month car payment (that the brother could account for only when factoring in huge numbers of cash-transaction haircuts) it's evidence of the NCAA being bullies, not racists.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Randaconda posted:

So..... FSU/Georgia championship game, for maximum Gator tears?

Florida would have played both teams by that point, so at least it would've been settled on the field. And at least one of them would have to bear a crushing letdown.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Boomers are the country's shittiest generation by leaps and bounds but you are an angry dude.

Every generation is full of jackasses. The Boomers at least gave us Spurrier and not Dabo.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Randaconda posted:

I want Nutt to be the next UF coach

We'll make him the next Mr. Two Bits and convince him he's actually the coach.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Scarf posted:

In the same vein, shockingly Notre Dame isn't on there...

They're a mystery to me. I think Kelly is as good of a head coach as they could ever hope for, but they've been really off-kilter ever since Alabama crushed them. Replacing the DC is a pretty big deal, too.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Ah, practice stardom. Wasn't Driskel a superstar in practice? My big memory of Driskel is of him summoning every last ounce of strength during a tackle in order to limp-arm a pick-six to Tennessee.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Nutt is offering to settle with Ole Miss for an official apology and 500k to start a state commission on sports ethics.

The 25-year cost of such a commission would surely balloon into the millions and furthermore it would obstruct Ole Miss's ability to pay players. Raw deal, if you ask me.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What happened to Houston Nutt? He did a pretty good job at Arkansas, imploded at Ole Miss, and then fell off the planet. I guess Ole Miss slandering him didn't help, but he could have landed a mid-major jo if he wanted. What happened at Miss>

I guess he's viewed as "past his best" to "toxic hire" at this point. From Wikipedia:

Nutt was the center of a major recruiting controversy in February 2010. After recruiting 37 players, the SEC was forced to enact the 'Houston Nutt Rule,' beginning August 1, 2010. The rule stated that "SEC teams will be limited to signing 28 football recruits, with the usual maximum of 25 allowed to enroll in the fall."

The Ole Miss Rebels finished 4–8 overall in the 2010 season, including 1–7 in the Southeastern Conference. Among the worst of these losses was to FCS-member Jacksonville State, which was Ole Miss' first loss to a lower division team since 1945.

Nutt set an Ole Miss coaching record with his 12th straight Southeastern Conference loss. On November 7, 2011, Nutt was fired by the University of Mississippi, but was allowed to coach through the end of the season. His final game was a 31–3 loss to Mississippi State in the annual Egg Bowl.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Apropos of nothing, I talked to a guy who played for Bama in the late '90s last weekend. He said they had bounties on all their stats "$X for a tackle, $Y for a reception, etc.," and they'd leave their cars unlocked in an agreed-upon garage. When they came back, there'd be an envelope in the console or glove box or something.

I can''t, off the top of my head, think of a single parking garage in Tuscaloosa in the late 90s. DCH (the campus hospital), maybe? There were a lot of large, open-air parking lots, though.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Ehud posted:

go gators

Thankfully Coach Mac has recruited a lot of receivers.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

FLEXBONER posted:

while we're gonna go 7-5 and then barely lose in a poo poo bowl game this year, I'm pretty sure we're gonna have yet another bullshit upset win against a team we shouldn't beat so I'm excited for a football

This, except bullshit SEC East champions.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Legion Field isn't in St Pete

Ladd-Peebles Stadium would like some representation here.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Randaconda posted:

Harbaugh and Franklin getting paid championship money without delivering, or even coming close.

Trips to Pasadena hit the key erogenous zones of boosters for both of those schools. Of course, only Franklin has met that goal.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Pakled posted:

Stingtalk is melting down right now.

Oh no they will only have their engineering salaries to console them.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

Mike Riley, if nothing else, is a good dude

What was so great about Steve Spurrier is that you never, ever had to say something like that.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Raku posted:

who do you think has all the piggly wiggly titles bitch????

It's a drat shame that Golden Flake titles don't exist.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

MacElwain's ceiling is lower than that of a guy named Jimbo. Maybe in a great year he sneaks out with an SEC CG win and into some BCS bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I mean, I'm hard on him bc the offense has continued to be awful but he's done a pretty good job rebuilding the lines and I'm not sure we have any idea what his ceiling is.

Let's not forget that once upon a time Jimbo was shat upon as an OC for underachieving in big games w LSUs talent.

It's not that he's doing badly, it's just that I have to compare him to Meyer and Spurrier. I really hope the offense gels this season because I don't know for how long the defense is going to be as good as it's been the past two seasons.

• Locked thread