Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Oh ESPN :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Bip Roberts posted:

Every engineer school is a beaver or bee though.

Yellow Jackets aren't bees :colbert:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

someone on Reddit posted:

Three out of the last four years, Will Muschamp's in-state rival has won the national championship.

2013 - Muschamp is HC at Florida, FSU wins.

2015 - Muschamp is DC at Auburn, Alabama wins.

2016 - Muschamp is HC at South Carolina, Clemson wins.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
An Oklahoma CB was arrested for a spree of armed robberies in the Waco area.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

MourningView posted:

Yeah can't believe you losers aren't watching cool things like...Star....Trek?

Star Trek is cool.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Now who will stop us from talking about nothing but BBQ all summer?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
After every Superbowl and every National Championship, the TFF fans of the winning team choose one among their number to be mod for the next year.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

When I see bad OL play I always think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AqnsjEPLIA

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The linked article is behind a paywall, but apparently Michigan is planning a trip to Rome as part of spring training.
https://twitter.com/balas_wolverine/status/822490883484450816

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SpiritualDeath posted:

What exactly is petty about taking your team to Rome?

The P5 conferences voted to ban off-campus practice recently but it doesn't come into effect until this summer. The rule itself was basically targeting Harbaugh since nobody else even does off-campus practices. So if this trip comes to pass, it's basically Harbaugh saying "gently caress the police."

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Okay here we go
u[sic]GA
Athens Community College
Dwags
mutts (related term: mutthurt)
georgia
georgie

What do a UGA student and a GT student have in common?
They both got accepted to UGA.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KKKLIP ART posted:

TFF, my first child was born on friday. My mom brought him a little UGA football and I told him welcome to a lifetime of disappointment and next year is our years. Better to set the record straight from day one and just abandon all hope from the get-go.

Congratulations, man. Hey listen, do you think you can you have another child the Friday before the Super Bowl, this might be the beginning of a lucky ritual

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/PickSixPreviews/status/823363879115849728

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

iospace posted:

So there's some dumb rule saying he can't take the team overseas or something?

It's coming into effect over the summer, so this trip is allowed, but Harbaugh's pissed that he can't do it more in the future.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
What are Italian orphans gonna get out of a visit from Michigan football players, anyway? Would they be all that thrilled to see a bunch of amateur* athletes from another country and sport they probably don't play, watch, or understand?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KKKLIP ART posted:

Just stared watching Last Chance U (FINALLY!) and man so far I feel terrible for the academic assistant, and I bet I will feel bad for her the whole time through.

She's the real star of the show.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The Coastal's loaded with coaching talent, too. I wouldn't call any HC there bad.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
ACC schedule for 2017 is out.
http://raycomsports.com/sports_labs_docs/m-footbl/2017_m-footbl_schedule.pdf

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
GT gets 3 teams that have byes before facing us, Miami, WF, and Clemson, all in a row. The most in the ACC. That's brutal, but not unexpected.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I bet he's getting paid by Oregon boosters to tank it for Chip.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Paul Johnson is pissed about the ACC's scheduling.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DJExile posted:

Are the jackets not officially triple option anymore? When did that happen?

"Triple option" has never been what Johnson's offense is officially called, at least while he's been at GT. More pedantic Tech fans will correct you if you call it that. Johnson calls it a spread option offense and it's technically correct but it's not really a useful term since tons of teams use a spread option offense but ours is pretty different from most. "Flexbone offense" is probably a good compromise.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I thought that was "Texas lost to Kansas"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Incoherence posted:

I'm not sure why, though. Rice is going to get flattened (just like this year), and has a small fanbase that will neither draw a bunch of local alumni nor draw a bunch of traveling alumni. I guess Rice thinks they'll get a chance at name recognition for Australian students in the process of being flattened by a superior football team (and academic institution, for the most part)?

Also this was going to be a Rice home game, so that's one less opportunity for the MOB to make fun of the only other scatter-band school we're likely to play.

Hey, everyone wants those Australian kickers.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I wonder how many takes that took.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Holy poo poo

Tuscaloosa delenda est

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/sheadixon/status/826869231853641732

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The ATF didn't go far enough.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Real Name Grover posted:

And WKU's mascot.

If there's any mascot I expect to massacre a bunch of people, it's a close tie between the Hilltopper and Purdue Pete.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
It's just a temporary measure until Lamar Jackson can start making endorsement deals.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Falcons totally deserved to lose that game for the way they played in the second half, but still, NFL overtime rules are dumb.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I figure if Chip Kelly wanted a serious coaching job this year, he would have taken the Cal job.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

"When you're a football player, they let you do anything."

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

iospace posted:

Yes now shut up or you'll be forced to cheer for A&M

Woah now that's cruel and unusual punishment.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crotch Bat posted:

What fanbase has the highest amount of sov citizens? Let's keep it to P5.

It's probably going to be whatever fanbase is the biggest. So Ohio State, maybe?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

AsInHowe posted:

There was a graph by zipcode of what places root for what teams. East Lansing isn't rural, but the rural and militia parts of Michigan picked MSU as their team.

That'd be right here.
It's based off of facebook likes.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I don't know for sure, but I'm gonna guess that sovereign citizens are overwhelmingly white, so any fanbases that skew especially white would be a possibility.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Dad discovers one weird trick to subvert the legal system. Judges HATE him!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crotch Bat posted:

They'll never do anything of note. The Venn diagram of football players needed to make up a quality team plus those who want to experience Jerry Falwell's vision of "humans riding dinosaurs and no queers but curfew is at 8 PM" is not what you'd call a good one.

BYU manages to be half-decent despite largely the same recruiting disadvantages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Oh God, Liberty's AD is the former Baylor AD who was in charge when all the rape + cover-ups were going on.

• Locked thread