Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dphi
Jul 9, 2001
People getting really worked up over the meaningless coaches poll in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

got any sevens posted:

Why could oregon never find a decent kicker the last decade?

Maldonado sucked a lot but at least it led to some entertaining 4th down tries in what should have been FG range? Aiden Schneider is really good though and they've got a guy from Hawaii that's coming in this year who's supposed to be awesome.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
A good, well researched article on what happened to Oregon this season if anyone cares - http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/01/how_the_oregon_ducks_football.html#incart_2box

Kind of confirms the thoughts that Helfrich isn't cut out to be a head coach, at least not at a high profile program.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Real talk, I feel like the Oregon/Washington rivalry is kinda dying down in intensity. Or at least in terms of actual animosity. It's still a rivalry of convenience, but most Oregon fans seem to hate Stanford a lot more than Washington these days. Hell a lot of people I know around Eugene were actually happy to see Washington doing well and representing the Pac 12 in the playoffs. Plus y'all beating us this year helped put like 6 nails in Helfrich's coffin.

Give it a few years though as UW continues its rise. I expect Stanford to be less of a concern in that case and Duck fans focus their hate on the Huskies and Beaves.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Dilber posted:

Is Taggert going to make it to spring camp, let alone start of next year?

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/01/oregon_ducks_receivers_coach_j.html

I truly do not understand how these guys can be this dumb. Eugene doesn't allow ride sharing services and the taxi situation is a joke but when two guys are making $500k+/year between them, they gotta find a way to get home without driving drunk.

Taggart made it clear to the players what his expectations were off the field but I guess he forgot to sit the coaches down too.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

MourningView posted:

EWU is right up there with NDSU on the "do not under any circumstances ever schedule this team" list

New coach this year this though so who knows. They've been super fun to watch for a while though and their current QB is another funslinger.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Raku posted:

so Tua might own

Still can't believe Oregon hosed that up

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/uniwatch/status/856932527709270016

This thing that coincides with the greatest period of sustained success in the history of the program is actually bad and holding it back.

Willie Taggart seems like he might actually be bad

Sports media here were railing against the uniforms all season, saying they should wear more normal uniforms or whatever until they start playing better. Seems Willie bought into that point of view.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Stoked he'll be back on the field, not looking forward to seeing him in the Civil War though.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Jordanis posted:

Things I Hope Oregon Fixes:

The defense.

Well, it couldn't get much worse!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

You guys are still following this right?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Pakled posted:

Yeah, totally. I love it.

I'm hooked, wonder how long he'll keep it going?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Royce did that recently as well...

https://twitter.com/CoachCarnes45/status/887715268184555520

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

Because I'm a terrible college football fan, I would email Al every week after that Sugar Bowl for about half a year telling him how my watch party sucked because the opponent was so terrible, but never received a response. And I never will, seeing how he's dead.

That was my last year as a Hawaii fan. I'd lived in Oregon for 5 years at that point but didn't know whether to root for UO or OSU so just stuck to my home team. But after that bowl game, June Jones leaving, and Chip turning OU into something just as fun to watch as the UH run and gun years - I knew which ship I was jumping to.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Nobody talking about Chosen Rosen throwing shade at Bama?

quote:

OK, raise the SAT requirement at Alabama and see what kind of team they have.

He actually had some good points about the realities/hypocrisies of being a "student athlete" if you read the interview though-

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...amming-national

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Leach doesn't get a check mark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

I hadn't looked at USC's schedule yet, but man they got lucky, the managed to dodge both Oregon and Washington

No bye week though.

• Locked thread