Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Has anyone seen a good list of who has a (joking) claim to the national championship based on "we beat the team that beat the team that beat Clemson" chains yet? It should be huge this year, since Pitt lost to a lot of mediocre teams that lost a lot of games. Maybe we even have a Div2 claimant.

Best I saw was Kansas.

This is all well and good right up until the point where Alabama wins next seasons national title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

whiteyfats posted:

I don't hate Bama, even if FSU opens the season with them.

I don't hate them as much as I'm just bored of them.

The whole point of college football is to hate everyone that doesn't play or coach for your team and also probably your teams offensive coordinator.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Forming a coalition could distract them from their goal of winning the Big Ten.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

tactlessbastard posted:

Who, the Browns?

Please, the Browns couldn't even win the Big Ten that year where Todd Boeckmann quarterbacked Ohio State to a national championship berth and Illinois played in the Rose Bowl.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
House Hunters International is the best. "Kayylyyn is a 19 year old unpaid intern at a garment shop in Paris. Her budget is $200 per month and she wants a one bedroom apartment with a view of the Seine, Notre Dame, and the Arc De Triomphe"

Faygo is popular because it's what your cheap grandparents had at their house when you were a kid. I bought a redpop a few years ago and thought I was going to die from the sweetness.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Birmingham Brother Rice produces bigots and racists please do not send your kids to that garbage school.

Done!

Other disqualifying factors: it's an all boys school and I can't ever see myself being in a position to afford 11K per year in tuition. Also apparently their slogan is "Act Manfully in Christ Jesus" which is just kind of weird and creepy.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Good for her. Her old job clearly sucked rear end.

Plus maybe she gets to relocate a better place to live, such as anywhere that isn't Scooba.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

I hope Michigan gets to play them, and puts up a triple-digit shutout.

God if Michigan played liberty who would I root for.

Liberty I guess. I'm sure their horrible fan and alumni base won't be any happier than they already were after the election. Plus the mgoblog guy would probably get so angry he'd take his blog down for a week again or sucker punch another high school student.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

DJExile posted:

Dennis Dodd of CBS sports is saying Tommy loving Tuberville is considering a 2018 run for governor of Alabama.

Well then

We've got a reality TV star with the emotional intelligence of a five year old as president, why not?

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

trump eats well done steak with ketchup, harbaugh drinks milk while eating steak. something tells me they'd get along.

Plus Harbaugh didn't really understand why the Arabic students at UofM might be upset by a screening of "American Sniper"

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Ohio State didn't deserve that slot, but I don't know who did. USC had three losses, I understand snubbing Penn State since they deserve terrible karmic retribution until the sun explodes. Michigan would have been stupid. They probably should have put Pitt in.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
What conference has their TV contract up next? They may get caught without a seat when the music stops.

And Rutgers will be in the Big Ten Forever...forever...forever...forever

(at least they beat Michigan that one time, that was funny)

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I know it's basketball which doesn't count, but Kentucky doesn't even have the worst corporate naming deal in the state as long as the KFC Yum! Center is around.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

He probably has more money than he could reasonably spend, so he is set for life there.

You've never got more money than you can spend, Tommy Tuberville has some great investment opportunities.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

the mean lunch lady posted:

This is me. I love Mizzou, but I will not be donating probably ever, unless I become a millionaire.

I didn't attend a school that extorts donations for football season tickets so I can't see donating money ever unless I had so much money that I could get the business school renamed after me. Even then I'd probably rather buy a gulfstream or something.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
The Weber one is the funniest, I think his longest run last year was 20 yards.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Do people in flyover states fight over stuff like whose state is quickest to drive through or the best spots to do meth or whose state has the best place to hang yourself?

No, We all agree Indiana is the best place to hang yourself.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
At least the strumpets weren't dancing.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Weddings are highly variable - wife's work friend wedding - probably going to be terrible. Your first friend from college to get married - probably going to be real fun unless anybody involved is religious.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 17, 2017

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

vyst posted:

I was B.
Also farmers because they don't give a gently caress.

I was B, fortunately a kind soul at college told me not to wear them ever again.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That kind of guy, some idiot on the fringe who stumbles into two minutes of fame, is what I wanna see fiction or a TV show or something about college football centered on, not like a team or actual boosters and recruits and bagmen. A delusional guy who, through the inherent weirdness of this sport, accidentally turns out to be at the center of a scandal is a loving softball made for Danny McBride.

I nominate this guy

Well meaning idiot posted:

In 2012, Cicero was suspended for one year for violating the client-confidentiality trust by tipping off the then-football coach at Ohio State University, Jim Tressel, to a scandal involving his players in an email. The Columbus tattoo shop owner, Edward Rife, approached Cicero for legal advice regarding a federal investigation against Rife for drug trafficking. Cicero used the knowledge he obtained from Rife to turn around and tell Tressel that his players were selling and trading memorabilia to the shop owner in exchange for tattoos.

Dude ended up getting a bunch of death threats when he was trying to protect the program. He's now facing disbarment. He also was suspended for bragging about a sexual relationship with a judge that appointed him to represent a criminal client in a case that went before her.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Well they've only won the Big Ten once in five years! Hell Bert did it three times and once when he finished third in his division. So the answer is yes and now if you'll excuse me I have to go tweet insults at some recruits that dropped Ohio State from 2nd to 5th in their current top 5.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Sash! posted:

Last night, I was informed how much it was going to be just send out save the date cards and I literally made this face :stonk:

Wedding budgeting tip: take what you assume it costs then add a zero.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Illinois and Purdue have been to major bowls in recent memory, unlike Rutgers

Rutgers is in the east which means they will always be behind

OSU
Michigan
PSU
Sparty
Maryland (if Durkin's recruiting pans out)

Rutgers did beat Michigan that one time and it was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I'm disappointed everyone shits all over Russell athletic. Their T-shirts last for decades. My last two pairs of Nike shoes lasted one year at best and I have a typical slovenly American lifestyle.

• Locked thread