Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I'm having serious buyer's remorse on rooting for Clemson because of this poo poo. Dabo goes Full Osteen on live TV and now everyone on FB is talking about how God Helped Clemson Win and how refreshing it is to see religion in arguably the most religious, superstitious, dumb sport on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I'm sorry dabo messed with your facebook friends

Dabo is so loving goofy and folksy, a Cracker Barrel would look at him and be like "GODdrat :rolleyes:"

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

iospace posted:

See, the ACC is the black sheep of the power 5. No one takes them seriously outside of FSU for football, though now Clemson and Louisville have been putting people on notice. Though it feels like the Big 12 is now headed to the "irrelevant conference of the power 5" as of late (which loops into how narrative plays such a big factor in determining who a "strong" team/conference is).

The ACC isn't taken as seriously in football as it deserves because since 91 (or whenever FSU joined) we had a run of Thad Busby and Peter Warrick just cumming on everyone's face simultaneously.

Then, just when they were poised to become the mega-conference with the addition of Miami and VT, Miami and FSU fell off the map and Wake won the loving conference with Riley loving Skinner.

The ACC was the best conference this year for sure, but goddamned if they didn't spent 2+ decades undermining their future reputation.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

BC also joined and Matt Ryan came on everyone's faces...

The most memorable thing about Matt Ryan at BC was that hit he took at Clemson where his helmet accelerated off his head into the ground at c.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

A couple months ago Matt Ryan, for no reason other than that I guess he wanted to make me really sad, revealed that his second choice for college was Iowa. I spent like an entire day imagining a world where I got to watch Matt Ryan instead Jake Christensen and sobbing

I have similar moments thinking about Cam or Lamar Jackson so, jah feel.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I missed food chat, goddammit.

NY Strip is best cut.

Hot sauce on overmedium eggs or poached is preferable, but scrambled eggs are the jam in a pinch. Ketchup is fine, but not really my thing.

All BBQ is great, but pork reigns supreme.

Sauce should not prop up your BBQ, but if you need training wheels the order of goodness is Mustard-base-->Vinegar-->Tomato base. Hot sauce is my usual topping on plain pulled pork, or whole hog bbq.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Emron posted:

I do too. He's a weird, beautiful football clown.

He went from 'entertaining sideshow' to 'dysfunctional manchild' for me when he showed up to the World Series wearing a loving glove.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Also, Property Bros is the one true HGTV show.

If the plot arc wasn't always the same, Love It or List It would be King.

But yeah, Property Bros is the best. My wife and I refer to the initial showing house as the Dick House, because it's always 4x their budget and loving awesome.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Aw man. :( Sucks losing MV as a mod. He peckersmacked me more than once (deserved).

Who the gently caress is modding now? No one?

Don't leave us though, MV. We need good posters here to balance me out. And Scionix. Mostly Scionix.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

TFF, my first child was born on friday. My mom brought him a little UGA football and I told him welcome to a lifetime of disappointment and next year is our years. Better to set the record straight from day one and just abandon all hope from the get-go.

Congrats man, 13 weeks tomorrow for me.

Parenthood is incredible and terrifying.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

I am all for football players getting as much free poo poo as possible if we aren't going to fairly compensate them so it's good Michigan is going to Rome. I am less glad that we are going to get a million tedious stories about Harbaugh acting like a weird doofus in a foreign country

Well it's maddening because that trip is going to cost a billion dollars and while it's awesome for the players to experience that, like, just go ahead and pay them so they won't have to secretly sell their loving cleats to nerds so they can fund their taco budget goddamn it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Rad Valtar posted:

I have a daughter who turns 1 on Saturday. She sleeps 13 hours a night and is super chill most of the time. There no way in hell I will ever do it again.

The sleep variability kills me. Some ppl I know have kids 1-3yo and none of them sleep through the night.

My daughter is 3mo+ and has slept through the night for the past 2. I know that poo poo can change and I don't take it for granted but no poo poo she's been averaging 10-11hrs/night.

There's no word for how fortunate I feel.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

wandler20 posted:

You should be golden then, and lucky. Next you get to look forward to when they walk and get their own bed and you wake up to 2 little eyes staring at you at 7 in the morning.

I'm really looking forward to it, actually.

She's cute and all, but some like honest interaction is past due at this point.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

I went to med school and residency. You merely adopted a lack of sleep, I was born in it, molded by it. When my child is born and wakes up every two hours, I will merely laugh, as its time to catch up on youtube vids while I rock you to sleep. You lesser mortals and the need for more than 4 hours of sleep a day will perish.

Yes, I know I will die when I am like 60.

I work 911 EMS. I'll die from both.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

At least you don't have the risk of exposure to OR gasses, which are more and more being implicated in mental health issues and suicides.

Just HAZMAT scenes. We are all hosed.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

DJExile posted:

y'all seem awfully certain that gator football isn't going to kill you before any of those other things you mentioned :v:

is it still trendy to mock the gators? I can't keep up on all this

Yeah I'm not sure I'll survive another 110+ ranked offense.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

TBeats posted:

Dough Johnson and me graduated from the same high school.

Thanks that's my Doug Johnson story.

He threw a football at Bobby Bowdens head and was slightly better than Noah Brindise.

So I'm cool w Doug.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

Oh my god this name.

*faints*

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Holy poo poo

Alabama is a plague.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

iospace posted:

What's parity?

I'm just taking limited solace in the fact that being by far the best recruiting and talent development program in the country and not winning every title has to be killing Saban.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

big money big clit posted:

If you're mad about not running the ball just consider that Ryan was routinely snapping the ball with 15 to 20 left on the play clock, and a running game clock, all the way through the second half. There were extra minutes at the end of the game that shouldn't have been there.

His brains are still scrambled from that Clemson hit, where his helmet accelerated into the ground at c.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

I just have everyone run a wheel route.

All Wheel Route Offense

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

sounds like something i would do in madden or nfl blitz

I love running Seattle out of Bunch shotgun formation in NCAA but it's either a touchdown or a sack.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

What fanbase has the highest amount of sov citizens? Let's keep it to P5.

Not P5, but definitely Wyoming.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

whiteyfats posted:

Yeah.

What a loving dumbass.

Found this article, where he apparently still has no idea he was to blame for being such a disappointment.
http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2014/2/6/5383326/ryan-perrilloux-profile-lsu-football-signing-day

How many Xavier Lees is he? .75? 1.5?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

SmellsLikeToast posted:

Same. The Newk's Q sandwich is legit.

I'll have to check em out. We have one out in the CHS suburbs but I've never been.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

All I see when I watch this is a horrific choking hazard.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

UF fans already seem sick of Mac and he's been far more serviceable than the other two.

It's not so much that we are sick of Mac as we are understandably sick of completely dysfunctional offense.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

iospace posted:

This is your punishment for Tebow :colbert:

God is watching a replay of Harvin taking a shovel pass 80 yards for a score and wondering what the gently caress you're talking bout.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

Just fyi I'd be ok losing games like 1293-50 because it would mean we scored 50 points on offense. Because if you let up 1293 points you didn't score any of your 50 on defense.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

iospace posted:

How often do you hear of a school's sports programs outside of football, basketball, and occasionally hockey?

College baseball is pretty popular in the south and the west.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

There are a million good programs in SoCal but I don't think I've heard a single person bring college baseball up in casual conversation in the 5 years I've been out here.

Hm. Fair enough. Their attendance on TV is usually really good. Honestly it doesn't come up in passing in the south that often but attendance is solid and it gets good coverage on the news.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

We've already had a look at Miami youth football. It was called "Year of the Bull" and it was amazing. Featuring a Florida Gator who later threw a keg off a balcony and hit a guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s23JTmfJOY

Taurean Charles, wasn't it? That was when Zook threatened to fight an entire frathouse or some poo poo? Or am I getting my UF keg stories mixed up?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Y'all talk about how Jameis Winston got all the little boys up in a class and told them to be strong and powerful, while telling the little girls they're supposed to be silent and gentle.

Not surprising that an 'alleged' rapist is profoundly misogynistic, I guess, but what a loving moron.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Maybe Jameis should go to med school

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

SC quarterback/outfielder Brandon McIlwain is transferring. Not surprising at all, given how Jake Bentley outclassed him and is the clear future at the position, but it's still a shame. He's a USC legacy and I was really hoping he could at least hack it on the baseball team, which was probably his best bet to begin with. But he couldn't even crack the lineup there, so here we are, unfortunately.

Thats a shame. Any word on where he's headed?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

Enterprise rent a car

He can be a bank teller between Ron Zook and Tyrone Prothro

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Warbird posted:

Prothro is selling cars now and I hope he's absolutely killing it. Super nice guy.

I hope so too.

loving Shula leaving him in that blowout. :smith:

He reminded me of Jacquez Green.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Wrong. Denim cutoffs are the shorts of choice in rural Georgia, or in FSU sorority houses. Jorts are the crisply-hemmed, denim abominations worn by, as Mike_V pointed out, "dads and dorks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Crotch Bat posted:

On a scale of 1 to Deliverance how many pairs of chromosomes do you have if you choose to wear denim in anything but long pants.

Trisomy 21. And XXY.

• Locked thread