Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Tolkien minority posted:

i dont hate lgbt people and its kinda telling that you're implying i do because i think kiwifarms threads are funny. theres a large difference between lgbt people and people like shmorky.

the problem isnt that gbs is conservative (its not really besides a few posters) or that d&d is liberal (it's not really its some weird brand of only those who are sucking the hilldawgs dick) lol

There's a big difference between transgender people and the TMT thread, just like how there's a big difference between people on low-carb diets and the low-carb thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
For all the whining you can make about :discourse: you guys certainly get really upset when people say things in the way you don't want. Here's a great example of this, where "regular women", meaning to refer to women who are not engaging in activism, is taken to mean white and/or non-lgbtq women. There seems to be a lot of bad faith reading, a desire to be absolutely nasty and condescending, and an unwillingness to actually engage with people. As people have said these are issues in D&D that have existed for years, and if you ask me this kind of poo poo is why Trump loving won.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
noyemi hasnt watched an anime since she moved in with me in september

Koalas March posted:

i bet if I used gifs of white folks less people would complain

makes you think
real talk I don't think it's the race of the people in the gifs, its the fact that you're posting gifs at all. It makes you seem flippant and dismissive of people's concerns, and the fact that the gifs are tumblr-style clips of movies or television shows makes you seem immature

it's the forums mod equivalent of sending out a legal notice in comic sans

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

I think that's more a case of bad wording - the intention is to not to stop people with questions posting but to provide justification for punishment if someone comes bursting in and spraying uninformed garbage.

from what I understand "it's not my job to educate you" was created as a defense against Babby's First Gnostic Argument bullshit where people pull poo poo like "well, what IS white privilege" but in the end it just gets used as a cudgel to shut up anybody who has any questions whatsoever

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Invisible Handjob posted:

she's literally the only person that's ever agreed with my sentiment so go give her an irl high five for me please

I'll do that as soon as I get home

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Lime Tonics posted:

Because of people like you, who make race an issue, sure. Let's all be racists up in this joint, hip hop, yo mama zim zam.

probated for six hours for attempting to zim zam the flim flam

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
D&D bad, D&D bad
reading this thread is making me sad
Who's a racist? Nobody cares
D&D bad

*accordion*

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

:lol::lol::lol:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Who cares? Who cares if she was some other poster in the past, even a ~~~problem poster~~~. I don't get why every single D&D discussion lately has turned into a discussion of TB, or whether she's Slashie. Yes, she can be very disruptive. Yes, she can also make good posts. Both things are true. That's why she gets probated a lot but tends not to get banned. But none of those things have anything to do with whether she was Slashie, a poster I literally know nothing about except people keep telling TB she's Slashie.

taking this to mean that I make good post since I have tons of probes but only two bans (which is really just one ban)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Stroop There It Is posted:

Alright if I'm the t****y :cumpolice:, SegFault, how is she doing?

the word is "rupaulogize", cishet scum

she aight

• Locked thread