Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
i just want everyone to experience how dope it is to be in a union

its way dope, like hella dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Citizen Tayne posted:

Being dumb and wrong isn't owning anyone.
on the contrary, i read every one of your posts itt and now i feel well and truly owned

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

jony ive aces posted:

on the contrary, i read every one of your posts itt and now i feel well and truly owned

Yeah, dumb and wrong people feel intimidated by knowledgeable people. Sorry about your life.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
https://mobile.twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

Apr 7, 2003

lol at the Dumb and Wrong Advocacy Corps

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
okay, all this baseball talk has sold me. I'm signing up with the union.

so how does it work? say I just graduated from college with a degree in code fondling, what happens next? I want to understand what it means to work union.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

you get selected in the annual computer toucher draft if your lucky. oracle has first pick this year so hopefully your not too good

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

I just graduated from college with a degree in code fondling

:wink:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk how the mlb cba works but the nhl one works like tori is saying. The NHL teams are individual organizations that collectively bargain with the players association. They agree on standards for contracting between teams and players and then the teams negotiate contracts with their players on an individual basis. theres no contracting between a player and the NHL organization. only between teams and players under the rules set in the CBA.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

baseball loving sucks

Apr 7, 2003

Yeah... IF YOU SUCK!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

BONGHITZ posted:

baseball loving sucks

how can one post be so wrong

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
baseball - a sport so boring that the fans get excited about memorizing stats

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

BONGHITZ posted:

baseball loving sucks

baseball sucks but its very american and you gotta at least have a capacity to watch it once in a while :911:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
unions are awesome and by the transitive property so is baseball

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

unions are awesome and by the transitive property so is baseball

a bunch of overpaid fat guys standing around scratching their nuts while one person does all the work. it's a perfect metaphor.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
back before they unionized when baseball players were slaves owned by billionaires they were still fat

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

slaves...still fat

this is the 99% fyi

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

baseball is only worth watching if you are in person and with friends and drinking comically overpriced beer.

even then, it's only worth it a couple times a year

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
i'm the kid in the bleachers with a glove waiting to catch a homerun during a pitching duel

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Endless Mike posted:

baseball is only worth watching if you are in person and with friends and drinking comically overpriced beer.

even then, it's only worth it a couple times a year

wrong.

baseball is also worth watching if you're hanging out on the back porch barbecuing and drinking beer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

that's just background noise and playing 90s hiphop is vastly better at that

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
baseball is pretty good live for reasons I can't really explain

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

shut the gently caress up about baseball goddamn you guys are easy to derail

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

spankmeister posted:

shut the gently caress up about baseball goddamn you guys are easy to derail

DH's are an abomination to the sport and take away from the real true form of baseball and invalidate all of it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

that's just background noise and playing 90s hiphop is vastly better at that

Apr 7, 2003

Sniep posted:

DH's are an abomination to the sport and take away from the real true form of baseball and invalidate all of it

Ban the AL.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

BONGHITZ posted:

baseball loving sucks

Apr 7, 2003

"Baseball sucks! Waaah" - a baby with a thirty second attention span

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
maybe if it didn't take so drat long between pitches baseball would be more entertaining? good for highlights but lol if you watch a game from start to finish

Apr 7, 2003

Suspicious posted:

maybe if it didn't take so drat long between pitches baseball would be more entertaining? good for highlights but lol if you watch a game from start to finish

Why? Between pitches is when most of the action happens.

Apr 7, 2003

Y'all are trying to watch it like you watch football. Baseball is a more subtle, nuanced, grown-up sport.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i've never watched baseball but from what i gather it's cricket for people with short attention spans and an unhealthy love of spreadsheets

also no tea breaks

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Stymie posted:

we're straying away from the major point here that computer touchers aren't real workers and do not deserve to be in a union

if you don't speak for computer touchers now, there will be no one to speak when they come for you

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't know why baseball isn't just run in Excel now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
sportschat in yospos is shameful

Apr 7, 2003

Less shameful than comics and science fiction chat.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
you seem to have yospos confused w/ someplace cooler like sports-related greyforums

Apr 7, 2003

I bring my sports with me wherever I go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you seem to have yospos confused w/ someplace cooler like sports-related greyforums

lol are you gonna start bitching aobut sportsball or something now

• Locked thread