Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

feedmegin posted:

I was gonna make fried chicken biscuits with cheese but apparently that's against the rules :bahgawd:

Rules are meant to be brokçhickencheese

Then again, a proper chicken biscuit is going overpower just about every cheese you'd put in there, short of maybe a heavily smoked cheese.

\/\/But then why bother with the chicken biscuit. just make old bay cheese biscuits instead\/\/

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

theres a will theres moe posted:

According to the book, they called it west african because sweet potatoes are a popular main ingredient there :shrug:

Yeah, cornbread because :effort:. I'm sure the lady of the house would have preferred grilled cheese. Sourdough goat toasty sounds like a better pairing than cornbread.

Wait, what if... Sourdough goat stew cheese melt. Like, a really nice thick curry goat over an openface toast cheese, but the cheese is a nice... Hm. What'd pair well with a curry goat and sourdough. Maybe a bold aged swiss? Or would that get overpowered. Some nice lyeish basey nutty cheese.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 31, 2017

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

theres a will theres moe posted:

Wonder if you could do it like a pulled pork sandwich, goat curry instead of pulled pork. Pickles and mayo? A Kraft single. 🤡

Maybe manchego or Gouda?

Hey now, don't diss an american cheese single. I ate like four of them today in an hour of weakness/wanted heavily processed american cheese. Gouda maybe, but it'd have to be a strong smoked one.

Pickles and mayo maybe, but a sour pickle and sourdough never really worked for me. I'm thinking a good nutty contrast that'll go well with a good toasty sourdough but not get lost against a strong goat curry.

I wonder this because I have a 4lb goat shoulder in the freezer I need to use. Or if anyone near Jax wants to do a swapsies.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 31, 2017

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Korgan posted:

Bon appetite mates.
Ah. Struggledogs, a fine culinary tradition in the vein of not having hot dog buns.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Phil Moscowitz posted:

What does skate wing taste like? I learned a long time ago that bad restaurants would try to pass off circular cutouts of skate as scallops, so I assume white, oily, and meaty?

Isn't skate one of those things you need to soak to get the urea out of?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Theophany posted:

Girlfriend was feeling a bit under the weather today so I cooked us up some 13oz ribeyes. Quick one minute sear in a ripping hot pan followed by 90 mins at 100'c and basting with butter. The fuckers were so tender.

The steaks look good! Was she able to enjoy it?

I'm seeing this a bit lately, where people taking care of significant others are cooking really rich food. Steaks and burgers are fine when you're well, but sick people generally need easy-to-digest, light foods. Brothy soups, toast with no or little butter, rice, light veggies, ect.

However, if a sick person wants a steak, and you love them (and there's no doctor's orders against it), you give them a steak.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Ranter posted:

Korean dude brought Soju and shot glasses :hellyeah:

From what I've heard of soju, i'm surprised you remember this happening.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Theophany posted:

Greek haggis sounds awesome.

Actually sounds a lot more like a greek human being. https://youtu.be/bj-f_Uq7bcA

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Pooper Trooper posted:

that's amazing, thanks for showing it! It's exactly the same except the animal is lamb instead of pork, it's got rice instead of oats and a different herb combination. It always amazes me to see similar dishes adapted to localized produce.

Pitty about the absolutely unfortunate name. Reminds me a bit of a comedy bit I saw that I can't find again, a black female comic was going on about the de-demonization of the N word, and suggested someone create an amazing brand of chips and call them Niggers. Towards the end she's just hollering about how EVERYONE LOVES THEM CHEESE NIGGERS

I'd love to try some brown hot greek faggots.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

emotive posted:

Carbonara with shiitakes and a little bit of spinach... to make it healthy.

Hey man, that could have been a bag full of fresh spinach.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Just fyi, the best cherry preserves are by Ziad. It's tart and delicious.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Big Beef City posted:

You know, of all the crap I've screwed up in the kitchen I don't think I've ever had this happen. Heard of it plenty of times. Burned plenty of spices, hotter than this, too. And never done this to myself. I dunno if I'm immune to this or if I'm just lucky.

You're just lucky. Go test that luck and deglaze a pan of stir fried chillies with whiskey or something you special lucky child.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

THE MACHO MAN posted:

My second time trying my hand at sushi! I am starting to get some of this down pretty good.

I really need a sharper knife, and I realize I need to actually measure the rice/vinegar ratio til I get the hang. This batch was a little too sticky.

I also need to get a little better at even filling distribution.

Too many words for so much things that should be in my mouth omnomnom

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

MsJoelBoxer posted:

My husband and I tried to eat way too many steamed crabs on Saturday night and didn't finish, so I made seafood stock and then this crab bisque yesterday.

That is the only acceptable excuse for not eating every crab set down in front of you. Looks absolutely delicious!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Not gonna lie, I ate nachos out of a toaster tray for breakfast this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

BrianBoitano posted:

Yeah he probably meant toaster oven tray

Yes, that one. But now I feel as if I have been presented a culinary challenge.