Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

People who play back at anything other than 1x are sickos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
listen man im hustlin and grindin, i only have 54 minutes to listen to this 60 minute podcast ep

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

I listen at 0.5x so I can really savor every syllable

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I listen to a different episode in each ear bud.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

honestly, respect

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

bought one of those neck based headphones just to listen to a third podcast at the same time

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mark’s anecdote about Cypher is awesome

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Grimson posted:

lily lynch is such a good guest

yeah shes done some great reporting

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lily lynch was also on the Trillbillies to talk about her book, and they cover some things RWN didn’t.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lily lynch was also on the Trillbillies to talk about her book, and they cover some things RWN didn’t.

the trillbillies episode was great, they talked more about serbia in general than about serbian politics though

moreover, free croup

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I just now got around to listening to the latest Ben Aris episode and agree that he's good at number and flow of materials but can have weird opinions on other things.

The "global south" has always been more resource rich but if that wealth stays concentrated up top then it doesn't really change the board. I do agree with the premise that Germany is hosed though.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

John on TrueAnon’s paywalled episode today. Mainstream world of wars update.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

echomadman posted:

Podcast Addict does it too and tracks your time saved.

https://i.imgur.com/g5qltwV.png

yeah, Pocket casts does it too

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

yippee cahier posted:

John on TrueAnon’s paywalled episode today. Mainstream world of wars update.

Any way to listen now that r/blackepsteinfeed was taken down?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Yadoppsi posted:

https://pca.st/episode/f8167ef9-ecd9-46e5-9eba-7c6c90a2076f

pocketcasts link, you can probably grab the RSS feed from it if you need

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Thanks!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Yadoppsi posted:

slsk

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

crepeface posted:

https://pca.st/episode/f8167ef9-ecd9-46e5-9eba-7c6c90a2076f

pocketcasts link, you can probably grab the RSS feed from it if you need

:respek:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/yugopnik/status/1753367934771019968?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Augury standing the test of time

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

genericnick posted:

Augury standing the test of time

lol goddamn

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
hearing Dolan say "ground and pound" is very jarring to me.

now I'm imagining RWN as an MMA podcast

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I don't think Jon has the constitution for bloodsport. Every break and sprain is a walk through the memory lane of pain.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don't think Jon has the constitution for bloodsport. Every break and sprain is a walk through the memory lane of pain.

who would be better to explain just how debilitating Conor McGregor's shin-break off Dustin Poirier's leg block was!?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

crepeface posted:

who would be better to explain just how debilitating Conor McGregor's shin-break off Dustin Poirier's leg block was!?

I don't think the MMA audience can handle that kind of poetry.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
*conor taps out due to strikes from khabib*

RWN facebook: okay THAT was a technical

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I liked the part at the very end where Jon admits he was hoping Trita Parsi would say that there's a rational explanation for Biden's Israel policy, but no Biden is actually insane and everyone in DC can tell.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mandel Brotset posted:

I listen at 0.5x so I can really savor every syllable

it makes them sound reallly stoned, its cool

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I liked the part at the very end where Jon admits he was hoping Trita Parsi would say that there's a rational explanation for Biden's Israel policy, but no Biden is actually insane and everyone in DC can tell.

“everything is exactly as stupid as it appears, except where it is more so”

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Curious to listen to the Trita Parsi episode. Since he's Swedish ive read a few OP-eds by him in swedish media outlets and he is one of the few sane voices on foreign policy in the swedish mainstream (i.e not a atlanticist hawk).

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I am really torn between contempt and pity for the Warsaw Pact because goddamn did this not work out for them.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

I am really torn between contempt and pity for the Warsaw Pact because goddamn did this not work out for them.

gorby got his pizza commercial and the public adulation of the west. what more could anyone ask for?

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Falukorv posted:

Curious to listen to the Trita Parsi episode. Since he's Swedish ive read a few OP-eds by him in swedish media outlets and he is one of the few sane voices on foreign policy in the swedish mainstream (i.e not a atlanticist hawk).

can you post a few of the good ones?

in my local paper alex voronov has been showing up regularly on the ledarsida writing about ukraine, very slava of course

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

Megamissen posted:

can you post a few of the good ones?

in my local paper alex voronov has been showing up regularly on the ledarsida writing about ukraine, very slava of course

Dont remember most off-hand, but looking in my browser history these come to mind:

https://www.aftonbladet.se/kultur/a/mQx4aE/frida-stranne-och-trita-parsi-om-sveriges-utrikespolitiska-hallning

https://www.aftonbladet.se/kultur/a/dnvdlA/den-enda-nation-usa-byggde-var-sin-egen

https://www.aftonbladet.se/kultur/a/2Bbmk4/frida-stranne-och-trita-parsi-om-diplomati-usa-och-ryssland

Pretty sure ive heard him interviewed him on radio programs a couple of years back, think he first showed up on my radar when he was on Sommar i P1. But i think he writes more often for english-language outlets.

Must have gotten alot of poo poo from the usual zealots, in any other war these takes on diplomacy wouldnt be seen as controversial.. Heck even Mustafa Cans recent reporting from Ukraine he did for SvD has made domestic war boosters call blasphemy and threaten to quit their subscriptione since it isnt optimistic enough (an otherwise very sympathetic portrayal of Ukraine but doesnt shy away from the doubts and setbacks the ordinary interview subjects are expressing).

Falukorv has issued a correction as of 17:11 on Feb 7, 2024

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

One of the first WN pieces I read in the old eXile was him lauding the rising MMA/PrideFC era and wonderingwhy it took so long to shape up. And of course being both ealted and dismaeyd that the 'traditional' dance-fights he learned as a young man, like karate, were thoroughly washed in real competition. All those afternoons doing push-ups on his knuckles, for nothing!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sephyr posted:

One of the first WN pieces I read in the old eXile was him lauding the rising MMA/PrideFC era and wonderingwhy it took so long to shape up. And of course being both ealted and dismaeyd that the 'traditional' dance-fights he learned as a young man, like karate, were thoroughly washed in real competition. All those afternoons doing push-ups on his knuckles, for nothing!

you’re talking about Gary Beecher.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

hadji murad posted:

got my hard copy of Erdogan Pizza today

book looks really nice, not some poo poo print job

same here, it feels good to have a real book in my hands. I forgot what its like to not stare at a screen of words

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
the ryan grim interview is amazing for reminding us/the hosts that they actually interviewed the nyt's jeffrey "Hamas committed mass rapes on 10/7" gettleman for episode 100 lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I want to listen to episode 100 but at the same time I don't think I could handle it.