Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I hope the War Nerd can find this Styple guy, I thought he might be a hermit or maybe a pseudonym but I guess he used to do lecture briefs on C-SPAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

XMNN posted:

Carl setting himself up for heartbreak again

dang Bacon didn't make it :(

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I think this was posted here before but it's worth another, and there's a brief moment where Parenti brings up John Lennon at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLNQEHbusSA&t=103s

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

What movie?

The Chad Jihad posted:

the blowjob brothers

aka devotion

e
maybe those top guns should have been thirsty for cum instead of blood

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

by luck I've been listening to 252 — Irish War or Independence & Civil War with Brian Hanley over the past couple days while I do chores, solid episode

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I like this exchange from episode 361:

Murphy: under existing laws, the CIA cannot work thru a proxy force and just sort of wash their hands clean of it... the CIA has to have some command and control over these elements. They can't just leave it to a third party and wash their hands of it.

Ames: really? that's interesting because they do that all the– or at least did that all the time. I don't knopw. Maybe they don't anymore. but, aren't they kinda famous for doing stuff like that? or no?

Murphy: it certainly has happened in the past and I think there is some caution about it

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

"thank you for being nice to me" lol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

skooma512 posted:

I’m trying that Anthony Bourdain show and I think a John Dolan travel vlog would be interesting. Dude is in a different country every month somehow even though he’s constantly injured and now old. He got ran out of Indonesia, that’s gotta be some street cred.

There was an episode of No Reservations where Bourdain went to Italy and some locals had them out on the water while a snorkeler was diving for shellfish and octopus, etc. but there was another local on the boat throwing fish from the market into the water for the snorkeler. That evening they made a meal out of the day's "catch." I can see this happening to The War Nerd

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

i say swears online posted:

wait what? he was diving for oysters and coming up with frozen tilapia?

I remember a guy on the boat throwing a dead octopus into the water and the snorkeler pretended he caught it

e: it was in Sicily lol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I think he said limonov's son

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Listening to old eps and in 130 Mark mentions that he translated some archive footage on Bitter Lake, which I think is Curtis's best work

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I don't remember which episode it was but their sound guy recently said he had covid and then I think Mark started laughing at him lol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

they're a musical people

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

dead men don't wear condoms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

has RWN ever mentioned author George R. Stewart? He's the guy who wrote the sci-fi novel Earth Abides in 1949 and also a microhistory of the final day at Gettysburg called Pickett's Charge