Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
He’s been on This is Hell a few times.

Should be able to listen from here.

https://thisishell.com/guests/thomas-frank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Comrade Koba posted:

this gets asked so often in various threads someone should probably make a boilerplate effortpost we could just link to every time it comes up

also robert evans is a regime change ghoul, hth

yeah Evan’s is incredibly harsh on actual leftism and his tweets about the coup in Bolivia are disgusting. I don’t trust him at all.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i hope they organize the newsletters next!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Matt Taibaby

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

that’s so good.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
^^ I got a Stalin keychain at the Stalin Museum when I went there with that image on one side. Always gives me good memories.

Came to post that I was glad there’s a new episode to listen to on my bike out to the in-laws for New Years. HNY everyone!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
it would certainly be easier when you’re young but if you aren’t attached to possessions and can swing it economically it would be really rewarding.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Isn’t the lowest tier :10bux: a month?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Greg Legg posted:

Also this guy Ben Aris sounds like Molloy the Springfield Cat Burglar.

Now I’m going to relisten!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Dreylad posted:

if you told me that out of all of them Ames was going to be the normal suburban dad i wouldn't have believed you

I wouldn’t have believed that when Taibbi was making fun of Tom Friedman that he would someday have worse politics than the moustache.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
That’s the thing. To get to the point where they were right, they made a lot of mistakes and were wrong about a lot of stuff.

I think the amount of false alarms they registered overall made people think an invasion wouldn’t happen.

I didn’t think it would happen but I thought NATO and the Americans would make some concession and they didn’t.

That’s the thing this time, they are fighting in a non NATO country so the stakes are lower and the refugees will be soaked up by the newcomers to NATO so the price won’t be paid by the major powers in NATO.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

TenementFunster posted:

this has gotta be sarcasm, right? not even matty is this dumb

he is dumb and he is spineless, so it checks out to me.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i wonder who would win in a fight, Noah or MattY.

I think Matty, Noah sounds like he has health problems but he might win with a drone strike.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

Latest episode is like a picaresque novel

The Romanian on an epic coke binge on the 18th floor of a Kyiv apartment block as the war grows closer certainly is something

so that’s what happened to Adrian Mutu

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Yeah I wonder what the long term effects will be for the Europeans when the rich and powerful who aren’t in the European camp start to pull out because they realize their wealth isn’t safe.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
New episode about the Ukraine War and the Chechen wars. Sounds good!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I really enjoyed that war game episode, especially describing how he made the games in the early 90s. Ah, nostalgia.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
would if I could

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Nothus posted:

Matt Taibbis descent into being the main character of lib twitter is painful to watch, but goddamn lol

All the signs were there for a long time.

Glad I’ve been off Twitter for a few weeks. Feels great.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
what’s the ally thought to be?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

Poland, I thought?

I thought it would be former Warsaw Pact but part of me didn’t think those countries would have enough sway in Washington. Then again Washington really wanted the war.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
“The Butterbean of tanks”

John:

“Oh yeah”

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Nothus posted:

Just listened to the Andrew Cockburn interview and now I'm real mad. Lmao if Trump runs on opposing the Ukraine war. He'll get ratfucked and/or assassinated

here comes the piss tape

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
You can really see why other American journalists don’t like Hersh.

That interview was a breath of fresh air.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Hersh might be going on This is Hell podcast soon.

The host, Chuck, reached out to him and he agreed in the next few weeks. Then Chuck shared the email exchange he had with Mark Aames about it.

It’s on the latest (chicken) episode at the beginning.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’ve long liked her insights on Georgia and thought it was a good interview.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I visited Georgia 20 years ago, kept up on current events there, and have followed her on Twitter for a long time. I thought it was really insightful how the NGO world works in countries like that. Maybe it wasn’t action packed enough for some.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
yeah it was really excellent. I’d like to hear more from the guest.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i really want to listen to those Hell on Earth’s sometime

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
can’t relate to being a weird uncool teen, me, a person who has posted on something awful for 17 years

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

skooma512 posted:

They gave patrons a free copy of Erdogan Pizza.

I guess this isn't a money making venture per se, but the core customer base are the same people they're giving free copies to. Though if I like the book I may get a print copy anyway.

is there going to be a print copy? I tried looking but I couldn’t find one

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
got my hard copy of Erdogan Pizza today

book looks really nice, not some poo poo print job

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Yadoppsi posted:

Any way to listen now that r/blackepsteinfeed was taken down?

slsk

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i’m reading Erdogan Pizza and John mentions a leading American journalist who said that the Tutsis need to get over it on an episode. Who was that rear end in a top hat?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Grimson posted:

:10bux: on it being this since it was on africa war reporting

this makes perfect sense

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Annibale's basically is Liz's crazy. i love them both

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
lol I’m relistening. I’ve been reading about Germany in the 30s and 40s so this is helpful.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

If annibale has 1 fan i am him if annibale has 0 fans

if Annibale has only fans, im paying for it

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at @ drone buyin, there’s a reason Ukraine is begging gamers to be operators. i ordered some usb connectable drone controller after i tried a sim (velocidrone) because its clearly owns but you need some real fine throttle control which would be a pain in the rear end on a gamepad

just use the neuralink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

thats my big takeaway as well