Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Solemn Sloth posted:

We did but Schwab has served in the role previously too

Wasn't Schwab last in the job before he coached us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

pkid posted:

Rough officially announced as 2017 Hawks skipper.

2017 is so great.

Such fantastic, happy, awesome news.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Solemn Sloth posted:

I hope the north supporter got their ticket in time :ohdear:

It's Hawthorn's only preseason game in Melbourne and basically none of our supporters can go. Utter bullshit.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chairchucker posted:

On the other hand, the Crows have an Olympic basketball silver medallist on the roster, and she is my favourite, along with Chelsea Randall and Ebony Marinoff who are also my favourites, and will kick all the goals. (OK maybe just Marinoff will kick all the goals because of those three she's the only player in the forward line.)

Erin Phillips was the starting point guard in a WNBA championship team as well (after their first string PG got injured during the season).

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Solemn Sloth posted:

Total time the ball was in play for the Super Bowl was 16 minutes and 4 seconds. I know that's normal for gridiron, but it doesn't make it any less stupid given how long it takes to play a match.

I remember hearing that the average for a game (a few years ago) was around 12 minutes.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Anyone going to the game tonight? How full is it?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Ground was mostly full. I thought Adelaide generally outworked the Dogs throughout the match and also looked for the best avenue to goal where everyone that got inside 50 for the Dogs was super hungry.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Yeah, that looked super painful.

O'Meara and Mitchell look great. Stewart and Miles also decent. Rough also busy. Good signs.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Solemn Sloth posted:

Melbournes next AFLW game starts at the viewer and player friendly time of 5:05pm on an early March Friday

To be fair, it's against the worst team in the comp.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

When was the year that Cam Bruce was a Brownlow favourite?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

There's going to be an avalanche of talent in a couple of years as the first players who have gone from Auskick through the recently created junior leagues to being drafted.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

I voted Harris and Ashmore.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Mitchell and O'Meara are getting a tonne of footy but haven't really figured out how to use it in this team. We'll be a lot better when they do.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

I'm disappointed that Sloane and Lynch didn't get anything. Birchall has a broken jaw, and the contact to the head in both cases were surely reckless.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

We are confusingly bad right now. Bizarre skill errors and decision making all over the place and no communication seemingly anywhere on the ground. It's like nobody has done a preseason and/or have had multiple preseasons wiped from their memory.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

thepokey posted:

I still want a Damian Cowell footy podcast more than anything

I want a Damien Callinan footy podcast.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Great game for the confidence. Hopefully it carries through.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

realbez posted:

Tiger gets head ripped off, free kick demons holding the ball haha

Yeah, the Dees are doing very well out of the umpiring in general.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Diet Crack posted:

Remember when everyone had doubts about Adelaide being the #1 side in the comp?

Eh, if it's anything like normal Adelaide they'll get a pile of injuries around round 16 and get bounced out of the finals in the second week.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Some decent signs in that game like Hardwick and O'Brien but wow do we still know how to completely fall apart in the second half.

Also holy poo poo, Melbourne play some rank football sometimes. How in the hell are they ninth?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

I mostly watched him do the handball on the Sunday footy show. 94 is a top effort.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Second week in a row the Hawks beat a pretty terrible team and didn't look great but at least we are winning.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

realbez posted:

Just lol at our injury list

Yeah, that came out of nowhere. At least we can trial more newbies now I guess.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Travis Cloke was excellent in the ruck that quarter. He has the strength that Boyd doesn't quite have and really beat Smith up.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Why does every Bulldogs game devolve into an error riddled shitfest?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

We look ok. Collingwood played quite well that quarter and we did just enough to survive it. The forward line is kind of functional too (still not good), which is a new thing for this year.

Edit: also Tom Mitchell is looking better and better in each game he plays.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

spamman posted:

We look ok. Collingwood played quite well that quarter and we did just enough to survive it. The forward line is kind of functional too (still not good), which is a new thing for this year.

Edit: also Tom Mitchell is looking better and better in each game he plays.

Ugh. Total lack of effort and execution in that second half. Wow.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

I'm just happy we got Tom Mitchell. What a stud.

We would have lost by 100+ without him.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

snaeksikn posted:

Pretty good deal seeing as he's probably on a couple of hundred k less a year than O'Meara

Yeah, incredible value there.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

That was fab. Roughead kicking the captaincy goal, Burger just dominating, newbies being great all over the field, Buddy kicking 5.

We still have a long way to go but I want to see Cousins play every remaining game this year. So clean and poised.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

realbez posted:

I'm glad the media is noticing Ryan Burton. I think he will win the rising star.

He's wonderful. A genuine attacking defender.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

snaeksikn posted:

Sam Gibson is 31 lol wtf I thought he was like mid 20s at latest.

He was at Box Hill for like six years.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Windmill Hut posted:

Hodge polled votes for the Norm Smith medal in four grand finals, winning two. That's epic.

He's probably the most complete footballer I've ever seen. I'm going to miss him.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Schlesische posted:

Wasn't his two years as assistant part of the succession plan?
The plan was definitely for Bucks to be assistant before he took over as the senior coach.

It was, and Malthouse was supposed to stick around as mentor/director of football.

I wouldn't mind us grabbing Buckley as an assistant in the way we grabbed Ratts

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Well given there's now a week off between round 22 and finals it's probably better to have a Sunday game right?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Testekill posted:

Interestingly, Jordan Lewis of all people said that what Greene did was not acceptable and that the AFL should have made a statement since any resulting injury would have been incredibly severe. Murphy & Jack Riewoldt also said the same thing but the only player that would have shocked me more would be if Hodge said so.

I don't think Lewis ever complained when he got suspended. He generally knew he'd done something wrong

Edit: I'm going to miss Gibbo a lot. Absolute champion of our club. 2 Crimmins medals in premiership years.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Darn. Really thought we'd try to keep Jaeger in the VFL for the rest of the year so he could play finals.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

realbez posted:

Same. We need a lot more to go right than just us winning the next two to make finals in the afl. I really think he'd be better off playing vfl for the next few weeks instead of two afl games on the hard Etihad surface. But I'm not the coach!!

I didn't like it, but now I like it.

Give him a run in the proper stuff, see how the knees go after three straight weeks of footy then rest, reduce the risk of some VFL dirtbag sniping another year off his career. They were targeting him like crazy last week.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

That Cotchin goal was next level crazy.

The game up until the fourth was a total shitfest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Footy needs an Adelaide/Richmond final. Make it happen Tiges.

Edit: Also enjoy it Crows fans. You never know when the next one is going to come.

• Locked thread