Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Not to be nit picky, but Carlton's 6 game streak was ended by St Kilda (50,000 carlton supporters turned up to watch it too lol) not Norf.

I am hoping Jack Daniels casks off his previous average form and really moonshines this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

realbez posted:

Hawthorn flag 2017 lock it in

Only if Hodgey performs a midnight break and enter to nick it from the actual winners.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Someone was asking for more detail about the ruck rule at boundary throw ins. When the ball falls short and neither ruck can make it there, no other players can touch it until it has hit the ground. It sounds dumb, will probably look dumb, but it's easy to umpire and I'm not sure what else they could have done. Hopefully boundary umps doing lots of curls in the off season to make sure they get enough distance most of the time

Wait is this the official line? I was under the assumption that the "third man" cannot make contact with the rucks but anyone simply roving the ball is fine?

*Edit. Holy poo poo straight from the Schwabs mouth. What a loving joke. I hope we get an instance where the rucks after wrestling so hard neither can get close to the ball whilst everyone else just stands around looking like an idiot so we can stop this loving lunacy.

Nutsngum fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 19, 2017

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

The overall design of Moorabbin Reserve has been put up http://www.yourkingstonyoursay.com.au/moorabbin-reserve

Looks like its going to really improve the park as a whole a great deal which is going to be awesome for everyone around there.

Meanwhile the stink seems to have settled in over Dingley even more then usual lately. Enjoy it Hawks!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

It also helps blunt anyone criticising the Hawks if they have a down year because how dare you

Hodgey will always be the lurking Wormtongue in the background dont you worry.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Volkerball posted:

for instance, for having the worst color scheme

Dont forget they also fought in world war 2... FOR THE GERMANS.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Schlesische posted:

I think Hawthorn is waiting for Dingley to be finished, since I distinctly remember a women's ground being part of plan.

Also, Glenferrie is at least a quintillion times more viable than Melbourne Olympic Park.

Oh boy, cant wait to drive past the humongous traffic jam running ANY sort of game out of Tootal road would cause.

Dingley has zero public transport outside of buses.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

drunkill posted:

Yeah, I wouldn't want to go to a game in Dingley, plus, it smells in that area because of the landfill being tapped for methane, although that might be less worse in 10 years.

I joke about it stinking there a lot but lately it has been really bad every other day, at least for the past two months. I mean, it may not drift over to where the actual ovals are going to be but of all the places Dingley is such a drat odd choice.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Periphery posted:

This is cool and good. Make sure your niece gets to lots of games and barracks really loudly.

Speaking of cool and good; check out Freo's new training facilities https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/first-look-at-the-dockers-new-cockburn-facility-ng-b88366567z

How long until a player gets stuck in or injured going down one of the waterslides?

That is pretty impressive actually and that field is absolutely massive.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

"Hey, lets basically bring back zoning!" - supporters of clubs who all benefited immensely from zoning.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2017-st-kilda-mystery-training-session-using-zones-20170130-gu1me1.html

This seems to have slipped under the radar. gently caress you AFL, NO ONE wants zones in our game.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Keep in mind that the international streaming service also runs like dog poo poo a lot of the time.

In the year of our ablett 2017, we still have no decent streaming service for our multi billion dollar game.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Volkerball posted:

it ain't too bad.

I get drop outs and buffering issues pretty regularly, even on replay matches. I have zero issue streaming any other sites, even through a VPN/proxy DNS but afl international stream is just really sub par.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Only saw 15 minutes of the match due to being at work. One thing is the rather large gap in skill and fitness between some of the players. The good ones were really obviously standouts from the rest and give it another 3 years will out number the inexperienced players.

All I can say is they better hand out some more drat licenses next year so I can have a team to support.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I wish I could loving kick it that far.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

ZombieJesus posted:

The handballing I've seen on display in the women's games so far has been considerably poorer than the mens, is that an upper body strength thing or because handballing is a more difficult thing that benefits from added years of training? Either way I'd expect that to improve in the next couple of years.

I'd love to see the stats, but I feel like the handball:kick ratio has been much heavier on the kicking side than is typical.

Generally the kicking has been ok though.

Handballing at AFL level is insanely good. I have no doubt I have more upper strength then 95% of the women afl players and my handballs barely make it past 4 meters at the best of times. Its really a learned skill of how to apply strength properly rather then brute force. They will absolutely get better but I agree its the most glaring "problem" as far as their skills go.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Testekill posted:

Even Norf improved their loving midfield by picking up Hrovat.

0 +1 does indeed equal 1. The Northematics adds up!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Melbourne are falling for the "gotta have your best player as captain" problem. Here at St Kilda we just give it to any old rookie!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Too bad he will still be in the red white and black next year. Cant buy money there LYIN!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Chairchucker posted:

Playing for the Dees seems like more of a nightmare than a dream tho

Came to post this.

Testekill posted:

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/afl/...508daac5e518ca6

what a world we live in

Teams generally don't name an OOC free agent as captain unless they're really confident that said free agent will stick around

Few clubs are as poorly run as Freo so who knows?

Nutsngum fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 15, 2017

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

realbez posted:

Time to let that one go friend

"The only thing im letting go of.... is an orphan clutched precariously above an open mine shaft." - Luke Hodge, 2017

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

pkid posted:

Geez who told Dusty the best way to go about this was on A Current Affair of all loving places.

I feel a bit sorry for Dusty, it would be pretty hard for someone in the spotlight like he is, who clearly doesn't like it, to have one of his parents deported would be rough.
But equating a footy club to a bikie club is a pretty loving long bow to draw.

He isn't exactly wrong though. If his past crimes, of which his last was over a decade ago now, werent enough to deport him then how is "being a bikie" worthwhile of one? The concept of laws that restrict who we are allowed to hang around with is just heinous.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

I'm pretty happy that people who associate with serious organised crime groups, and indeed play a role in the leadership of those groups, are told to gently caress off out of the country if they're on a visa.

Unless you break a criminal law the government should have zero say in who you associate with.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

His point isn't a legal one. Its a philosophical one. If the government starts chipping away at the freedom to associate of one group of people, where will it move onto next? Unions? Students? Its unlikely to happen but that sort of thing really needs to guarded against rather seriously.

I was originally thinking more "banning minority groups such as gay/lesbian etc.." but the union/student thing is just as relevant. No better way to smash labour laws then literally make unionising illegal by considering them "undesirable groups".

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Am I the only one who thinks the bounce should be brought back for all ball ups?

We sit around complaining about "congestion" then provide the rucks the easiest possible way to continue congesting it with short taps. Add some randomness back into it drat it!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

drunkill posted:

I wonder if they'll lose the TAC sponsorship for this like Collingwood.

It wasn't drink driving but still.

If he was done speeding on the Geelong freeway then good on him. You could do 130 on that loving thing without an issue in the world.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

tnimark posted:

The TAC is ending its relationship with Geelong.

Considering the TAC should be a non profit organisation in the first place its ridiculous they can even be a specific club sponsor.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Because its a mandated government setup service designed to provide personal injury protection to people in motor vehicle accidents. Apart from the fact that they now cap payments which fucks people long term the very idea of them making profit instead of doing the job they are setup to do is wrong in my opinion.

Spedman posted:

A big part of their work is getting safe driving messages out to the community

Perhaps they should come out with something a bit better then "oh, lets just have ZERO DEATHS GUYS OKAY?"

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Apparently Essendon have admitted to being in contact with Mick Gattto during the supplements saga. Fuuuuuuuucking amazing.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

drunkill posted:

Hah, listening to the carlton aflw podcast ('gamechangers' on audioboom) which just came out this evening.

Apparently last week Brianna Davey just walked into the closed door match committee meeting and said she was playing, moved her magnetic name from the injury list to the backline and walked out of the room.

Isnt that how Carlton's match committee runs normally though?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Whatever it takes

Also elliots dad and dean wallis are under police investigation for harassment and blackmail of Essendon and afl staff

Not much follow up on this but Essendon has denied they approached him so its likely Gatto blowing smoke up people's asses to get into the papers.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

pkid posted:

I thought he was a good bloke but.

Urgh, loving beaten like a Hodge step child.

Sounds like "oh miscommunication hurr" is a load of bollocks. You dont give club champions a one game suspension for missing a training session due to a miscommunication. WHAT HAVE YOU REALLY BEEN DOING HODGEY?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Periphery posted:

Tom HIckey: 29 disposals (18 contested), 39 hitouts, 10 clearances, 6 tackles. :vince:

"BUT BUT LONGER CAN RUCCK BETTER" <- Idiots on bigfooty.

Longer IS a better ruck but holds no candle around the ground at all.

Meanwhile was a drat good game that we should have won. Slippery ball conditions didnt help our skills for sure.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

I'll set up the Supercoach one now at least, since I'm not doing anything, we only need a 10 team league right?

Supercoach League code is 354519

Link to join the UF draft league: http://ultimate-footy.theage.com.au/588618/invitation

Currently set to a live online draft on Sunday starting at 8pm eastern, with 2 minutes per pick, but I can adjust that if needed

Last few years theres been easily 18 people join.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Testekill posted:

hooray twilight grand final this year look how excited I am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PX7eU-fXDE

AFL ad starring Thor

Twilight grandfinal can gently caress right off. How am I meant to have a kick with mates after the loving suns gone down?

That is a good ad though.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

This is absolutely peak Slobbo. Gil wasnt having a bar of it.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Periphery posted:

I look forward to seeing the Saints use the Hawks number 1 pick this year.

Hmmm, any club got a couple of picks in the top 10 theyde wanna swap? Couple of spicy mids could go down well.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Periphery posted:

Now that's some high quality AFL journalism!

Robbo would be salivating (read: drooling) that someone beat him to this juicy punch!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

So they released the player creation tools for the next AFL game as a demo via steam.

I give it an 11/10 because you can create an accurate darren jarman

Hmmm, a 10 gig download is an awful lot of bloat for a character creator. Me wonders what other game assets/code actually sit under the surface.

Considering that you have to click "play on steam" here http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Game_Info.php?AppID=471880&SteamID64= to get it to work makes me think it hasnt been released officially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Periphery posted:

I like how poo poo the Tigers yellow looks compared to the Eagles yellow.

Is it supposed to be yellow gold because all we have right now is golden showers.

• Locked thread