Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

Edit: It's not a fully honest indication of what exactly happened but it's pretty funny.

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

harperdc posted:

Everybody who can should support the two IC finals, everybody coming is amateur AFAIK and this is some Olympics-style once-in-a-lifetime stuff.

Theyve ran this every 3 or 4 years for a while now.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Dogs are pulling a norf.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Holy poo poo carlton lol.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Brb, doing doughies to etch a huge 1 into the turf at waverly.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

drunkill posted:

Just saw about 30 primary aged (probably grade 6) schoolgirls having shootouts at goal during afterschool sports at a footy oval :3:

They were yelling and laughing and having a ball from the looks of it.

The amount of women playing footy this year has shot up an immense amount. My club has over 40 listed players already. Why this poo poo wasnt done years ago boggles my loving mind.

As for seating, level 1 is drat good, particually along the wing but level 2 medallion is the best compromise by far.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

I think we've got near 60. The board are a bit unsure how to handle it because most of them won't get regular games and we just don't have enough size 4 balls.

I think the vafa will have to start scheduling games concurrently on some grounds because at this rate we will have 6 teams next year and ffff last week was a shitter trying to organize volunteers

We have the advantage of just having had light towers installed strong enough to play night games which they did for the first time ever the other friday. Lucky women getting all our privledges!!!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Not trading Gibbs for what was on offer starting to look like a pretty huge mistake from Carlton.

Speaking of mistakes, the AFLW teams and players are in the new AFL game, and Erin Phillips is rated the 45th best player in the game :confused: The combined team ratings also has Adelaide as the 5th best side in the game (72), behind Brisbane and Melbourne (73), and Western Bulldogs and Collingwood :downs: (74)

Honestly half of Carlton's trade decisions have been loving bonkers. Bringing in half of GWS' cast offs is never a sound recruitment strategy even if you snag a good player in there somehow.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

Only if you're a deluded Adelaide fan. Blues got more for Zach Tuohy than what the Crows offered for Gibbs. Blues deemed him a needed part of building up a young team. Keep banging that tinny drum though.

There were 10 players last night who have only played single digit games. How the gently caress can anyone make an assessment this definitive that early? Marchbank has been one of the best intercept markers in the comp to date? Jaksch is the main player this has any traction with, the rest are there to fill a void while players develop or actually haven't been that awful.

I mean one game this season where Carlton don't look competitive and the lovely hot takes come out.

I have no idea who did or didnt play last night. It was a general observation that Ive had ever since Carlton started the rebuild. Marchbank is definitly going to be a good player but I have never seen the point in taking so many "filler" players.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Periphery posted:

Also, I want someone to take Selwood's head off one of these days. That is the only thing that will make up for years of his bullshit.

Perhaps it might be an opposition player next time not that it matters as he will still get the free either way.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Shares of microwaves have just plumeted.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Koby Stevens in for Luke Dunstan finally for the Saints.

I am a massive Dunstan fan and I think this is the best thing that could happen to him. Needs the VFL experience to rebuild his playing mindset after a few woeful games.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Wondering if theres any danger of a football match breaking out at Etihad.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

What are the field dimensions like? Given Hawthorn play there way more often than most opponents it seems that could be a decent advantage

Sphincter shaped.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Hahaha. Nice reaction time there actually.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

There is no doubt we are into him massively but I am very sceptical of the "source".

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

It would be easier to list the clubs that aren't massively into cowdude tbh

True but I dare say we would be one of the few who could afford 1.5 a year for him AND be in a position on the ladder* to be an attractive destination.

*hopefully.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Watching AFL360.. is Slobbo ALWAYS this terrible?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Spedman posted:

Yes, it's comical how hard he has to try to put a sentence together

loving hell, I think he just referred to Stewart Lowe as being a 2 time brownlow medallist. Obviously thinking of Robert Harvey but jesus christ..

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

realbez posted:

On the topic of bigfooty being terrible, in the thread about our new CEO there were people insinuating that her appointment was purely a political correctness gone mad thing. Thankfully they were in the minority and told to gently caress off but still... it shouldn't, but it still manages to surprise me when people actually voice those opinions.

Its pretty typical really. When we signed Peta Searle a few years ago, as a loving development coach, people lost their poo poo about "only getting in because of being a FEMALE" despite a loving long rear end career in football, coaching and school teaching... you know.. 3 things that are probably really good for a development coach to have experience in.

This is why people who dont see the issue that women face in the workplace as being real are blind idiots.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Noice.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

racing identity posted:

Lol at Ladbrokes buying sponsored posts on "local footy rumours"

Its likely a referral program so Ladbrokes doubtfully even looks at who is referring them.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

I got dropped and am actually salty about it for once

5th round and I havent had a game yet due to no thirds team and a thousand cunts coming out of the woodwork for a game. Starting to think about switching clubs.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'd prefer reversing the order of these if that's at all possible

I think you will find that Richmond winning the flag IS the apocalypse.

Also footy is bad, even if you win it is bad.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

On the plus side I finally played my first game of the season today where I proceeded to play terribly, get pinged taking a free kick too long which was goaled and then got kicked in the nads.

Footy is good, even when its bad its good.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

realbez posted:

If you said things like that about someone's wife in a local game (or just in general) you'd probably get thumped, but afl players can't react like that. All in all, having something mean said to you while you're winded isn't so bad.

No one knows what Murphy said but it was seemingly bad enough to start an all in brawl yet he's the angel in this picture?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

realbez posted:

Geary didn't know what he said either, he just saw him say something and went in to fly the flag. They were all relentlessly stuck into Murphy all game so Geary didn't need much of an excuse to start some more poo poo. They obviously went out with a plan to target him, which is fine within limits. Murphy is no angel but he looks better here than St Kilda imo.

Why would Geary immediately go after Murphy if he didn't hear what he said?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

The Saints fans at the ground were the most precious bunch of toorak tractor dipshits I'm surprised trickle down football wasn't brought up.

Carlton, truly the working man's club!*

*Proceeds to cheat consistently for decades using money supplied from numerous rich benefactors and politicians.

Pigs arse amirite?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

nah but you see Murphy shouldn't have had a family for people to sledge him about you have to take the centrist approach to be reasonable don't you know, loving knuckledraggers, club should issue a formal apology

Perhaps your shitcunt of a captain shouldnt start the situation then bitch when the repercussions escalated. Remind me again which one then sooked to other people resulting in what was said now being spread across the internet. I would tell him to grow some balls and deal with it himself but looks like he requires his opponents to be KOd first anyway.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

TG-Chrono posted:

Congratulations on being a bonafide piece of poo poo? :piss:

Im not sure why this is difficult for you to understand. Your captain called Carlisle a drug cheat, Carlisle responds about his missus. Murphy's idiot response is to retort when he is on the ground, refuse to shake peoples hands and then let the entire mess out into the public.

Or are you just going to keep blaming StKilda players for the media shitstorm as well? Its okay, were used to the scummy opinions people like you seem to keep for no loving reason.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

Maybe

Just saying but maybe

We actually need a mod in here for the first time ever

Hmmmm, perhaps I too have pulled a Carlisle.

Sorry Chrono, I just hate the constant boots into my team due to any loving issue big or small.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Testekill posted:

He didn't just get suspended for PED's but also was caught on camera with cocaine. Sure all players do it but nobody is stupid enough to have photographic evidence of it

Im not sure it counts as getting caught if you take the video yourself like a dumbass.

hiddenmovement posted:

So that's what happened to Aaron Hamill

That might explain the hairline.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Huh, turns out Dyson Heppel is a Richmond supporter

Are you trying to say his microwave mishap was no accident?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

The best. You wouldn't believe the surgery he has.

Twitter is saying hes going to be handling balls in no time.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I can understand there is money to be made in it all but I still dont really get the team affiliation thing. Is anyone really going to care for the Adelaide Crows DOTA team?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

gently caress you bulldogs. PLAY BETTER PLEASE.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

God I hate the geelong club song. Such a wankfest.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

boy undead posted:

Game over. Insipid from the Saints.

Terrible display of poor effort and sloppyiness. loving disgraceful.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

won't be long before he gets his dick out so one of his team mates can put a condom on it while another takes photos, just like daddy did

Not too sure where the condom bit came from but perhaps anyway making a comment on a 3 year old kid isnt particularly cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

stop calling your trailer a facility already

I think they actually have a real facility now.

• Locked thread