Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Just a warning for anyone buying these and others from China: they are listed as 5 mW but all the ones I've tested have been way over that. The green one we got from a 3 pack was > 80 mW. They will gently caress up your eyesight and others really fast.

An extra warning for Australians - you'll get a mean letter from customs if you try to bring in anything >1mW

Edit. Not saying they catch them all but they certainly got mine years ago and I was out like $30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

8 Ball posted:

Wish I could find this on AE :(

Searched 'Born to die shirt' because I wanted it too
http://s.aliexpress.com/ZbmeQVry

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I bought one of these for my bathroom , definitely don’t recommend despite the nice price. Lacks the volume to be heard clearly over the shower or a pair of hair clippers.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Snowy posted:

So any pen really

No. Only pens with a flared base.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
In cart the price will be the same, when you click buy and before you pay, the total price is 10% more. The app doesn’t include a line for the tax so you have to know why the price is being jacked up.

Example: $2.32 item becomes $2.55 including $0.23 tax

DRINK ME fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jul 3, 2018

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Pick posted:

Wow almost 200 pages of savings!

The dispensable income thread

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Sinding Johansson posted:

Anyone know what the correct search term on ali would be for felt tongue pads for poorly fitting shoes like these? "Shoe Tongue" only returns a specific style of vibrator and of course shoes.

Insole or Felt Insole

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Sharpest Crayon posted:

It comes with a pair of tweezers suitable for the job, but I did use my own as well. You gotta have a small pair of scissors though, and preferably wire-cutters as well if you don't wanna gently caress up said pair of scissors. The set also says you'll need to get your own utility knife, pencil, needle-nose pliers, ruler, clips, screwdriver, needle... although you could really build it with just the scissors, pliers and tweezers, there's a ruler printed to the side of one of the sheets of paper that comes with it.

Nice to know your experience, I ordered the book store (Sams Study) kit from the same line last week.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Here’s something I haven’t seen on Aliexpress before: stupidly expensive costumes.

There is a lot of these so I just picked ones that have an order because I can’t comprehend spending that amount of money blindly on Aliexpress (even if it is in poor AU dollars), especially given how much the quality can vary on $10-20 items.

Good doggy?

Sexy robot with devil horns

Gothic Elizabethan dress up

Another one

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Geemer posted:

Having a single order is like a busker putting some coins in his hat before he starts playing.

That didn’t cross my mind but if the sellers figured out how to game # of orders couldn’t they do more than one?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Black Feather posted:

This is how they do it. Just sell (most likely buy themselves) one with the price set very low, then put the actual price.

Cheeky fuckers. Thanks for explaining that though, that price tracking is neat.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

freelop posted:

I recently pressed the feed button on the Ali app and wow that's for some :nws: content

There is some weird and NWS stuff in there for me too.

This user has a lot of risqué photos but I don’t think this one quite hits the mark as she laps her wine.

The comments on her images are all auto-translated horny dudes.

These ones though are :wtf: :nws:

It’s a masturbator / dicksleeve

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
What’s in my feed today?

It’s the bow on her head

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I was too busy giggling away at the wording to even notice that. Happy family memories all round.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Platystemon posted:

I bought the Lepin Millennium Falcon for a friend.

It was missing a few small parts and the English on the stickers was all wrong, but other than that everything was fine. The pieces looked perfect and snapped together well. There was nothing wrong with the manual.

I bought the same for my nephew. I don’t recall him having missing pieces but he may have just not mentioned that (This was for xmas 2017).

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
If you can’t stand wasting time pouring wine from a bottle to a glass to your mouth. Or if you just want to class up your alcoholism.

The dumbest wine glass

e: The inspiration tab is just going off today

DRINK ME fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 18, 2020

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I’m only aware of root beer float as a very loose idea and unsure how the glass helps.

More weird drinking implements because you click on a single one on Ali and get forty more recommendations from that category.

This must have been a good idea to someone but I’m getting nightmares

Powder that makes pregnancy tests return positive results

This one lead me in a weird direction: ATM “replacement parts” that look like the fake keypads and readers that card skimmers use. Car key fob programmers / readers and universal programmable fobs. All stuff there is a genuine use for but also seems to have criminal applications.

Cheap stuff I actually bought:
A different legoish cherry blossom

Some NASA mission patches

Shawl pins

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
An order from May showed up this week.

A neat diary with weird holes in the cover. It’s ring binder style inside and full of nice weight brown “vintage paper”. Also got a bunch of grid paper to replace it with.

Erasable pens because I hadn’t heard of that before but it works.

Some pens I probably won’t ever use but thought paired well with the diary. Too fine a point for me, very scratchy - I’m kind of heavy handed writing.

Date stickers with an odd message on the tin they came in. They’re white and black and have the numbers 1-31. No real use for them and can’t remember why I added them to the cart.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Cichlidae posted:

Our puking dragon censer finally came in, along with a hundred cubic zirconia we got to be its hoard!

This thing is great. There's SO much smoke, and if the air is relatively still, it falls down onto the marble, making all kinds of cool effects. It then collects among the gems in the base like a ghostly puddle, and eventually pours out around them. It took over four months to get here, so you might just want to spend the extra $5 and get it somewhere more local.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33039415638.html

We named it Ralph.

Be careful of what it’s sitting on. I got one of those incense burners except the one where the smoke rolls down the stairs and into pools and looks real cool. When it overflows the pools it stained the table. I think it was only certain incense cones it happened with but I ended up giving it away with a warning to stick it on a board or old plate or something.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
There’s one knock off lego I would really like to get but I can only find it for a stupidly high price.

The Great Wave off Kanagawa

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Second time ever dealing with a refund and it was super easy and quick.

With the pandemic I had a lot of sellers preemptively extend the purchase protection for orders back in March and April. Everything has been rolling in eventually except one package from 29th April. Protection ran out today and I checked the mostly useless tracking and all it said was “Shipment cancelled”. Full refund of AU$45 within an thirty minutes of opening the dispute.

Advice on buying batteries from Ali? Is it just “don’t” or are there reputable vendors?
Looking to replace some very old 18650s.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Thanks all. Will buy batteries locally.

Got this lovely confusing message from the supplier after Ali approved my refund

quote:

Dear friend,

We double tracked your order with the forwarding company.
We are sorry to tell you,your item was returned to us by the customs,
to save your time ,we would like to arrange a full refund for you,
it will save you much time,what's your idea?
And we think the money will be back to you within about 3 to 7 working days .
This is a friendly reminder.
We are so sorry to bring inconvenience to you.
Do you accept our sincere apology?
We are always trying our best to satisfy every customer.

It's so regret that we can not finish the transaction this time;
we await the pleasure of having your order in near future.
And If you want to buy any items in next order in our store,
please don't hesitate to contact us.
We will offer a big discounted price and a gift for you.
Thanks for your kindly understanding.
best wishes

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

norp posted:

You don't measure weed to +/- 0.01g :ssh:

Do you eyeball it? Like you would phenazepam?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Nah customs just straight up seizes illegal sex arses.

I’ve had that one or similar before. I messaged the seller who said sorry we will resend and they extended the delivery time. It did show up eventually but I’m pretty sure the tracking number was never updated.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Yeah all/some of the above.

In Australia: daggers, other certain knives, seeds or anything biological like that, lasers over 1mW and probably other stuff I’m forgetting.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Lord Stimperor posted:

No I'm reconsidering my advice. Buy all the weird poo poo you can find and post the letters you're getting from customs.

I’ve got some at home but aren’t home at the moment.

Your biological matter, Unidentified Seeds, is in breach of blah blah blah and have been seized and will be destroyed. No penalty was assessed at this time but repeated breaches of Australia’s customs / bio-security laws may result in prosecution.

Another one was we opened your knife because we thought it might be illegal but it wasn’t. We have repackaged it and sent it to you with this letter.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Bought one of these stupid fake gameboys and enjoying it, it’s not perfect but for the price it’s a fun bit of nostalgia gaming. Also let my niece and nephews play with it at a family thing and it was constantly in use, fun novelty for them with their tablets and phones. It included AV out cable but haven’t used that.

The buttons aren’t great - button A doesn’t work so well on mine but most games only use two buttons so X is mapped to the same as Y, same with B and Z. I didn’t get the one with the controller so no comments on that maybe having better buttons.

Has a 1020 mAh BL-5C battery that gives it a bit of life and can be played while charging on a micro-USB cable. It’s a little smaller and a lot lighter than any gameboy I ever had.

Seems to be mostly or all NES ROMs, so assume it’s the cheapest possible computer that will run an NES emulator. Realising there are a multitude of ways to do nintendo emulation this is probably really only useful for the lazy who like to play nintendo in the toilet or if you want something cheap to keep kids occupied for an evening.

A couple of the games seem to be bad copies but most games I’ve tried play fine with only a few lockup’s requiring a reset and it has a reset button that takes you back to the main menu for when that happens. In particular Super Mario drops you into the first level like normal except the level is upside down and you drop the down forever, making it unplayable.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOIlDxx

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Some tshirts are oddly specific

And strange

And sad

Dirty old playing cards

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
They started doing that for Australian GST back in 2018, which is 10%. At first I cut back my frivolous purchases of useless crap on principle but eventually I just got used to it and the price is still usually cheaper than anything local, even if the quality is questionable.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Reharakhti posted:

Someone posted a link to Dark Souls rings a while ago, I got them this week and they're pretty cool!

Made a little base for them,they make very nice display items.

Those look great on the bases you made, really nice idea.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Everett False posted:

I thought this would be cute to mark the days on my paper calendar but the edges of the stickers lift like crazy. It's almost like a roll isn't the best method of storage for a discrete sticker that will eventually need to lay flat?? Wild. No one could have predicted this (I don't know why I didn't predict this).

I also didn’t predict this and ordered these on the weekend. I guess I can maybe trying laying them under a heavy book for a while before using.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

nashona posted:

Someone's grumpy

I get that same print in my suggestions all the time despite not buying or searching for anything similar, maybe it’s just all of us who click the same links in this thread are getting the same stuff.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

I just noticed one of my stupid items hasn't shipped yet and there's about a day left. What happens if it's not shipped? Can I get a refund or cancel the order then?

I’ve had it a couple of times and my money was automatically refunded by Ali.

Recently I saw a dodgy tshirt store selling nice looking tshirts for $3, no feedback and minimal orders. Pretty sure they must have stolen the images from somewhere but at that price I figured I’d take the risk and see how bad they were, maybe a week later I looked at my bank there was a deposit from Ali, the order is Closed and the store doesn’t exist.

I’d say just check it in a couple of days and if Ali hadn’t taken care of it you might need to raise a dispute.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Like one day? Almost everyone ships the next business day. Rarely up to 3, and any more they're usually just out of stock or something.

I’d put my experience at 90% next business day, maybe 8% next week and 2% fuckabout- processing time extended, order cancelled and refunded, not shipped and refunded.

Ordered some replacement cushion covers for my very old Ikea ones today. I’m a fan of goats

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
My bad - I coped the link and then forgot to add it.

The store also has a bunch of others, like Jaws/shark themed and dogs and cats.

Goat cushions

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

They must have some local drop shipping for these cushion covers (in Australia) because these showed up today at my parcel locker. The brown one is kind of red-brown murky colour that isn’t too appealing but the others are great. The fabric is a thick weave and looks like it would be coarse, like a canvas sack - but is actually soft and doesn’t have any particular smell to it. I have had Ali products with funky smell before; including fabric, wood and plastic.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Today’s arrival: Ceramic blade fruit knife.

I’m not really sure of the theory or point behind it being a ceramic fruit knife but I was curious about the ceramic blades in general and this was AU$6 + super cute.

It’s sharp enough to slice paper in nice straight lines but not sharp enough to shave arm hair with. Need to learn if I can stick it on a stone or if there’s a special way to sharpen these now.

The one I bought is gone but there’s a million other listings under “ceramic fruit knife”, and a lot of cheaper ones without Hello Kitty.
Plain blade
Hello kitty

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Dewgy posted:

All you need to know about ceramic knives can be found right here, in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbPWitSTe2k

That’s incredible and I now know everything about my new knife.

I kind of want to buy all of those post-it’s but they are a bit pricey and it’s difficult to decide on only one. Do some actually have lights or is that added to the display images but not really included?

Totoro!

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

thinking about getting my brother in law this tensegrity lego thing, but it seems like it'd be flimsy? the reviews are all good, has anyone ever tried one like this before? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001608802535.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.295b2e0e3nEu3O

but on that note i might get him this cool table instead
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...320976192%22%7D

I got the little basic one for a few dollars but that’s not really useful for the larger one you’re looking at. It isn’t terribly stable with just the two cables and it’s fine to sit on the bookcase but on the coffee table a slight bump would make it flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I’ve bought a few cheap One Rings and this is the best I’ve had, comes with a nice little bag and decent silver chain. The ring size was accurate but the chain isn’t overly long - with the ring it hangs to just below my first rib, which I guess this is normal but I kind of wanted something long enough I could slip it over my head. Alas, I’m not a halfling.

The One Ring (of many One Rings)

Edit:
LOTR jewellery I also keep in the little velvet-like bag:

Fashion The Lord Necklace of Arwen Evenstar Pendent

Trendy The Hobbit Vintage Elf Green leaf necklace pendant Pin Necklace

DRINK ME fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 8, 2021