Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

everdave posted:

Anyone have a cheap tablet recommendation? There are plenty from 35-120 but obviously the specs are total fantasy. Wish I could just use Amazon Fire but they are too locked down.

Use Kindle Fire Toolbox through XDA https://forum.xda-developers.com/c/amazon-fire-hd-8-and-hd-10.4709/ I use it on my 8HD and it works great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

mobby_6kl posted:

It's like Koko the gorilla, only vocalized

and drunk and really angry

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Защита земли Ферби

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgNGHehIsSw

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

flavor.flv posted:

Main > General Bullshit > Aliexpress: Oh man now I want those despite not really having any use for them

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

BigRed0427 posted:

Thanks to the youtube algorithm, I now wanna try to build a PC using parts off Alexpress.

Anyone else done this? Any tips to not blow myself up doing this?

I think Ashens did.

He did...TWICE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mMIOhoUcCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkGlcX2aKSs

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Mr.Chill posted:

Oh poo poo that's a great idea. I should try making a bigger one next time.

Now I want to make some of the locusts from Apocamon

https://www.electricsheepcomix.com/apocamon/

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

sigher posted:

You didn't gently caress your ear hard enough then.

Aural sex is not for the timid.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

spiny posted:

In a twist that will surprise no-one, the shop dissapeared and the tracking info says delivered to somewhere in a different country

Going by previous disputes, I'll need to wait a week or so, then Ali will step in and refund.

All part of the fun :)

You need to stop wanting to ship stuff to the Canary Islands, problem solved :colbert:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Killingyouguy! posted:

I got one as a fun fashion accessory but it doesn't fit properly over my glasses. Somehow I forgot I wear glasses when purchasing.

Is that just psychic energy radiating from his hands?

He's getting ready to charge some crystals.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

mobby_6kl posted:

The kitchen gadgets are getting out of hand

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...595649593%21rec

There's a video that shows it working well as intended but lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EIoJOx4dzo&t=100s

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
When it comes to keys, Ali has you covered...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255799890704278.html

Elevator keys

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

goatface posted:

I'm struggling to work out what tentacles that prevents.

:cthulhu: :krakken:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
They're a subdivision of HP now.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

goatface posted:

HP shouldn't still exist.

Their current systems are fine. Not great, but fine. I still recommend them to people who just need a basic Windows box and don't want to do anything fancy.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Random Stranger posted:

The new x68000 minis have that, you can a micro SD card in a tiny floppy disk box and put it in the tiny computer's floppy drive.

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/06/zuiki-announce-september-release-date-for-retail-model-of-x68000-z

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0C71M86SC?ref=myi_title_dp&tag=nlife0b-22

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I bought a cheap webbing strap from Amazon 10 or twelve years ago and migrated it as I changed watches. It's been on my S3 for the last five years (yes, I do wash it).

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

lmao those webbings and buckles look so sketch. Tons of people die picking up this light aircraft hobby. I think its how mcaffee went out

He actually had somebody who knows what they're doing check it over first, and did replace the most sketchy carabiner. He absolutely knew what he was getting into.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Airconswitch posted:

I think it's important to have Consumer Choice™ in case I want to use RCA connectors for all my electrical needs

You joke but I've seen appliances from the 20s that used barrel jacks for the cord connector.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

thepopmonster posted:

Fire HD 10 next time it goes to half price ($75)? You can install google play and services without needing any cables or adb stuff - Chrome and Youtube work just fine and update as normal afterwards.

Search around for Fire Toolbox. I use my 10HD for everything.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The Fire 10 is actually pretty quick. I use mine for web browsing, text editing, Office 365, Spotify, Netflix and Prime movies, Roll20, and managing my home network from my couch. It's also staggeringly inexpensive for what you get.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Pretty sure those are supposed to hold Perspex or similar, to prevent exactly that accident.

I've seen something like that being used and that is exactly what those bars are for.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Are there any decent androd tablets on Ali? Or any clues on how to find one without a mediatek processor?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

El Fideo posted:

Where have you gone to, that Harley Quinn with a baseball bat stuck up her rear end is a souvenir?

Belle Reve

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I use a Kindle Fire 7 and a 10HD with Fire Toolbox fixes so I can actually have real useful software because my eyes are getting bad because I am an old. They were both super cheap on the periodic Amazon sales, but I am looking for a new cheap android tablet.

Any recommendations?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I have one of the Trycoo brand (N100, 16GB, and a 512GB SSD) as my living room machine, and it is awesome. It's not fanless, but the fan is very quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

MarcusSA posted:

Afaik the amd ones are significantly more expensive as well so it would take years to recover the extra cost.

I bought one of the less than $300 AMDs so I could off-load my transcoding from my day to day use machines.