Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yeah for USB stuff I'd really recommend spending a bit more and getting something from amazon that's a bit more of a known quanittiy. Anker stuff seems to be cheap and OK quality from my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

valentines day is sorted

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

christmas maybe, idk

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

really wanna stress once more : Do not buy battery banks or anything that you plug expensive electronics into from Ali Express. Just spend a few bucks more for something well-reviewed off Amazon or whatever.

They can, and very well will, cause the crucial blue smoke ghost to be released from your electronics. Without Mr. Ghost, the device will not function!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Alisister-2016-new-3d-cat-t-shirt-printed-animal-t-shirt-women-men-Funny-clothing-harajuku/32613142624.html

If someone posts an image, right click it and hit 'search google for image' you'll get a list of pages the image shows up on. Add 'aliexpress' to the search field to narrow it down.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

well why not posted:

valentines day is sorted

This arrived today and it's hilarious and lovely quality. Quick-ish delivery to the UK.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Hey also the t-shirts that are hilarious are 100% polyester, meaning it's like wearing a lightweight rash vest or wetsuit around. They're also asian-sized, so they're probably quite tight on a hearty goon body.

Basically, get ready to sweat.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

protip :

buy your partner a handful of non-poo poo small gifts on AE throughout the course of a week. you then have a bunch of stuff show up over the next few months and you look like you're thinking about them all the time.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

anyone bought leggings on here? are the sizes insanely small / is it worth it?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I ordered this fidget cube on the 4th of February:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-stock-Fidget-Cube-Toys-for-Girl-Boys-Christmas-Gift-The-First-Batch-of-The-Sale/32776009537.html

It's just showed up now, in the UK. So about a short month's postage. Seems to be ok quality, fine for a piece of vinyl junk.

Much happier to £3 and wait a few weeks than pay $22usd and probably wait a few weeks.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Amphigory posted:

Erm, so what's the sizing like buying clothes from AE?

XL is a fairly-slim western Medium. I got the Nic Cage t-shirt for my GF and when I tried it on my huge muscles and broad shoulders were packed in very tight despite my very low body fat and great skin.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

yes but through his smartphone

honestly i'd try just wrapping the digitisation gizmo in aluminium foil and see if that curbs interference.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Look kinda similar to the Anker sets I buy off of Amazon for around the same. Kinda prefer Amazon because they show up the next-day and accept refunds. YMMV.

What's the best/go-to Ali store for leggings?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

if they're like the t-shirts, then they're basically just nylon shaped to fit a small body. they're more like a cheap rash vest than an item of regular clothing.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

this page really underlines the rule i have for AE/DX: Don't buy anything that takes power. It will at best, break instantly and at worst kill your family.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

is this the zeitgeist of karaoke culture??

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

wanna class up my flat a little ....

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I hope I’m not being annoying posting random things; if so, I’ll knock it off.

That being said, anyone have/find intentional/unintentional shirts and hats that seem ultra American but actually aren’t?

This is funny (and I feel like you could make silly money selling these stateside) but I don’t think I could bring myself to wear it, regardless of irony.

is what you're after like Da ShareZone / THE_PACK aesthetic?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i want a vocal microphone for talking and some light singing duties, are there decent ali options? ideally XLR or something that'd work with my Scarlett Solo

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

US measurements are a pox on this earth

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I got some big zoomer cargo pants and they rock, best $15 spent in ages. Until they disintegrate in like 3 weeks, perhaps.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The Star Trek shirt looks better than I thought it would tbh

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Yeesh. Nothing that goes on the skin, nothing that plugs into the wall, nothing that touches food. Next rule for AliExpress: Nothing that is designed to go in the mouth of children.

nothing that goes inside anyone should come from Ali Express. they don’t do microplastics they do megaplastics.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

color 1 is regular pinku kirbo

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

what about a fishing tackle box?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

you can also get the smaller "compartment container" which is basically the guts of a tacklebox with no handle or ruggedness

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

TROPS

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

however, little jones loves his kirby stuff. really strange that one of the kirby stickers says "war criminal" on it but welp

:justpost:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Vlaphor posted:

Not exactly what you were looking for, but I just wanted to post this.

i refuse to believe this doesn't sound like a shotgun getting pumped

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

:emptyquote:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dick Fontaine posted:

i saw the sweetest vcr in a thrift store earlier today. I’m thinking about going back for it. two decks. called the commercial eraser or something like that? looked like it had a bunch of controls for fine tuning copies

Rescue her

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Having a refunded purchase arrive is a rite of passage for any true fan of aliex

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

novel to exclusively target the “bicycle thief” demographic

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i got this keyboard wrist rest and it looks simply incredible in person. I ordered the marble look and what came sort of looks like a slab of mother of pearl. It's got crazy depth to it. I really can't stop looking at it. I'm sure i'm getting wrist ebola or something but i don't mind.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

UK plugs are great, but I will never fully understand the "buying an appliance without a plug" thing they have going on.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Airconswitch posted:

I'm sorry say what now

in the olde times appliances came without a plug and you attached your own

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it's a bad country don't get mad at me

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

that hasn't been true in decades. the UK electrical system has plenty of other reasons to be mocked, you don't gotta hang onto this one.

E: how late is too late to order holiday gifts from Aliexpress for delivery to the USA?

I said ye olde times!

Ali takes about two weeks to Australia so I’d assume you’d be ok for USA Xmas as long as you aren’t ordering something insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Jesus the Arc is like 3x the price of the pebble lol

It looks cool as hell though

Who does this???

u know i keep that mf thang on me