Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

ozza posted:

Enjoying the fine selection of legitimate Studio Ghibli merchanidse:

I want to get these for my girlfriend and be looking at her face when she opens them up lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Rutibex posted:

importing strange foreign fruit seeds is a bio-crime!

Is it possible to import seeds online legally? If you bring them with you IRL they have to be declared and a customs person has to check them.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

WrenP-Complete posted:

It depends on the kind of seed, i accidentally ordered live brussel sprouts from the Philipines (on amazon) once and they got seized.

My understanding is that usually what they are looking for is foreign *soil* though, on the seeds or what not, so ordering seeds (not live plants) is the way to go. I'm okay with some of my stuff getting held up and I'll look for a legal import list.

I am genuinely curious, sorry I wasn't just joking! I'd love to be able to buy my mom some weird rear end Korean gourds for her gigantic garden.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Parallax Scroll posted:

don't worry i'll write "juice" on the label when i send you my seed. customs wont give a poo poo

:eyepop: lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My friend was loving baffled at that lifelike Jason Statham head and now I want to buy one for her. Lol thanks goons :discourse:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

I bought 10 thanks friend

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Oh no..... Lol

Also I like the new(?) av!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick posted:

Can anyone help me by pointing out a good security cam at a good price?

I know the temptation to get cheap electronics is strong, but I guess I would recommend not getting a security system on AE, for privacy reasons if nothing else. If it's more of a casual interest then go hog wild

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick posted:

i want to see what my cat does when i am away

... I also want to know what my cat does while I'm away :)

My hesitation is using WiFi enabled security cameras from AE, if you aren't concerned about access then go for it and let me know how well it works!

Edit: sorry I should clarify. I'm sure they WORK fine, but wifi and other wireless devices in China have different security protocols and etc, didn't mean to dissuade you

Captain Yossarian fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 29, 2017

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Improbable Lobster posted:

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a trail camera for my parent's cottage but it looks like every single one on AE is exactly the same model.
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholes...CatId=100005975
Not even that much cheaper than going to Bass Pro or Sail or whatever and getting one there. Kinda disappointed with China.

For what it's worth, those appear to be significantly cheaper then the ones my dad has (although his are "higher end", whatever that means in trail cam world)

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

'can survive getting rained on', presumably

Lol definitely. He leaves them out in the woods for a month or more at a time in the snow and poo poo

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Lookit that Maine Coone I wanna pet it

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick posted:

They try but I think they said they have funding to inspect about .3% of incoming. We could like, you know, fund them or whatever but it's way more important that *mumble mumble* anyway enjoy your asianlonghorn beetle and emerald ash borer

My dad worked in forestry for the state here his entire life and his tirades against lax importation and upcoming emerald ash borer devastation still make me Lol to this day. Not a good Lol, but like a "Haha yeah we're hosed"

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Synthbuttrange posted:

hello yes these are genuine quality legos

Whoa can you please link these I'm all about WW1 lego knock offs

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

WAFFEN-BOX

thats WWII duh get your lego history straight

Lol we'll split the difference, some of that stuff is straight from WW1. But seriously that dude(tte?) should totally link it

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

I'm the swat team

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Synthbuttrange posted:

Do a search on 'Lego WW2'

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wor...2761255657.html

This one has US, British, Soviet and Chinese ww2 armies.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sup...2632690851.html

Yes!

Lol gently caress yesssss

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

ravenkult posted:

whoa get a load of the narc over there

Lol I have several relatives that work in forestry and I have to hear about Asian invasive plants, animals and etc constantly so I will gladly narc you all out for a hearty chuckle jk I won't actually narc you out but please be careful with your unlawful plant haul

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

WrenP-Complete posted:

I'm growing everything in containers rather than out in the garden soil. Thanks for the reminder though!

Everyone here seems to be willing to not be eaten by the plant from Little Shop of horrors, so I am glad of that lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

dregan posted:

This is very unsettling.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Killingyouguy! posted:

I got a delivery!

It's my Alisister Europe America Youth Fashion 3D Ramen Noodle Printed Hooded Sweatshirts Couples Harajuku Assassins Zipper Hoodies!!

I was disappointed at first to see it says 'Rannnen Noodldle Soup Chiccken', but on reconsideration, I see the beauty in the wrong English. It's only one layer thick so it's a little thin but the inside is actually a cheap fleece I think! A lot softer than the other aliexpress shirts I have. Outside is still weird and smooth though. Also, no smell! I was impressed.

Excuse the lovely snapchat screenshot because I'm a dumbass millennial, but I'm normally an XS and they only had (Asian!) small so the hoodie is more like a dress on me. It's a good look

Lol this is great

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

RandomFerret posted:

man t shirt summer 2015 tshirt casual clothing short sleeve 3d t-shirt 3d obama T-shirts swag clothes

http://s.aliexpress.com/2AFrqyMR

Lol god between this and the trump lol thread I have a hearty chuckle going almost all day

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick posted:

Someone asked me to post seed pics, but unfortunately I haven't been cataloguing their development super well!

In Oregon, the weather has been cold and lovely and also I'm a bad plant mom. But anyway germination rate was like 95%, which surprised me, but the sprouts mostly languished in apathy hell.

I told my dad to have a space made for my aliexpress seeds so I could see what happens. It's in the faaar back so if they accidentally sold me real titty gourd seeds, my shame will be hidden from the world.

So here's some cucumber sprouts and stuff I put in. Some tomatoes are in too. Everything seems to be coming in as the plant promised but, like I always say, there's still time to be disappointed!

It was me thank you! I'm excited to see the titty gourds

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My girlfriend just bought like 30 dollars worth of washi tape so I expect in a month my entire basement will be even more full of washi tape

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
A ton of my girlfriend's stuff showed up. Watch didn't work, her set of like 9 different kinds of pens ended up being ~50 of the same design. All immediately refunded of course but she was a little peeved about the watch

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Re: bird nets. I used to work at a tree farm and part of my duties was getting birds out of the nets and let me tell you they were all either dead or insanely pissed off- wear gloves! Also, crows/ grackles are smart enough to not get caught

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Lmao that spring grabber description, welcome back friend

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Someone tell My Pale Goth Skin to check her darn PMs

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

evobatman posted:

I bought a LeEco Le Max 2 and Meizu EP-51 headphones since I hadn't bought a brand new cellphone for myself since 2004. Same hardware as a Galaxy S7, but at a third of the price. 5,7" 2560*1440 screen. Needed some de-chinification of the interface, but runs what seems to be decently stock Android. Big black border around the screen, no NFC and the vibration is pretty weak, but otherwise a good flagship phone for just $200. Nice metal body construction, and comes with screen protector installed, and a TPU cover to use while you wait for other covers from eBay.

The headphones were $30. They are a very bright in the treble but have decent bass. The volume dongle pulls them to the side, which can be annoying, but totally worth the money otherwise.

HUGE upgrade from my previously owned iPhone 5S with wired headphones.

Er... LeEco isn't doing great right now so please take care of your phone

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

So uh.

I dropped $12 on two "dresses" that were more going to be sleep shirts/costumey things.

What was advertised:

I was expecting them to be poorly made and the velvet to be really light weight (that would have been a plus, actually). I also expected them to be somewhere near my size, as the listing had a size chart.

What was delivered:

I can't decide if the counterfeiter didn't realize it was velvet, or just thought they could get away with doing a lovely velvet pattern.

Edit: gently caress you imgur

Imgur sucks poo poo now it's dumb

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
The imgur app sucks poo poo for linking with bb code, it's a hassle

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Jerry I have four computers at home, but some of us have to work at the dick suckling factory and are on mobile.... Smdh... Racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Any suggestions for sellers of knockoff Legos? Or "lepin" lol