Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Liquid Chicken posted:

If you want to grab the fashion of a 7-11 security mirror....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...ck=in_edm_other

cyberia posted:

The respirator helps:

If you're not wearing a respirator, any properly fitting mask will stop it from fogging and if you're maskless it tends to only fog below your nostrils, it doesn't spread up the lens for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Winter has struck my part of the world recently and I've had surprising difficulties in finding warm clothes for a reasonable price.

On a whim, I looked on AliExpress and found a whole world of fleece-lined clothes. I ordered a pair of these fleece-lined leggings for AUD19.00 ($13 in American money) and can definitely recommend them. They arrived in less than 2 weeks and are very warm and comfortable. They're fairly stiff, structurally, almost like snow pants. I probably wouldn't wear them out to a party but for my home office they're great. I am 5'7" and 210lb and the 5xl are snug in a comfortable way.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrpVBCS

I've also ordered some fleece-lined socks and have a couple of other types of fleece / winter leggings in my cart to try out.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

goatface posted:

Bamboo fibre is pretty close.

I have a bunch of bamboo fibre shirts and socks from the Australian brand Boody and they're great but goddamn they take forever to dry after being washed.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Hirayuki posted:

I need to replace a niceish pair of earrings my dog got to and bent out of shape, and I feel like buying more poo poo just for fun. Anyone have any good recent purchases they haven't shared with the thread yet? Don't be shy!

It's winter in my part of the world so I've been exploring the world of AliExpress winter fashion. I started with some fleece-lined snow pants that I've already posted and have since moved onto fur everything. I got these fur cuffs which are very soft and warm and look absolutely ridiculous in the best way.

Also some furry leg warmers which are ~fine~ for the price. The fur is good quality but I would have liked them to be more of a flared shape as they're just straight cylinders. Still very warm and a good solution when I want to wear a dress but keep my legs warm.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Killingyouguy! posted:

not me thinking very hard about whether those leg warmers would fit into my winter aesthetic while it is the middle of summer where i live

They're less than :20bux:, you should get them regardless of the weather :)

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

DRINK ME posted:

Anyone got decent pens from Ali?

I have never gotten a cheap pen that was worth a drat. I think it's one of those things you're better off spending a little more on a decent quality item. I've been using Pentel Energel 1.0mm ballpoints for probably the last decade and they're great. Smooth, good flow, good colour, only cost about :fivecbux: and last a reasonable amount of time even if you're writing whole documents by hand.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

buglord posted:

Finally dove into this thread on a whim. After reading a couple dozen pages, I realized I can probably get some really cheap knockoff Lego sets. Are there certain brands I should look for? Do they generally come with all the pieces, or are some missing as a rule for this price point? And do they come with instructions, or should I just go to the Lego website and use those?

The brands and stores on AliExpress change regularly to avoid lawsuits so look for the listings with high ratings / good feedback and customer photos of the product.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

everdave posted:

I ordered 3 items from same seller, they shipped and haven’t arrived after like 60-70 days at this point. Just shows nothing once hit America apparently 40 days ago. Disputed, Ali refunded one the other two they keep giving a count down of X days and says will make a decision, time comes Ali marks it as invalid and says still in transit, now it just reset again 10 MORE DAYS. WTF? Only
Options are contact seller or cancel request

I'm in Australia and some stuff I ordered in early July just showed up via the UAE, lol. The shipping showed as arriving in 'my country' back in August but I think that must've been when it was delivered to the drop-shipping company in UAE.

I guess the bottom has fallen out of the cheap shipping market and we're back to only ordering stuff if there's absolutely no urgency I in when it arrives.

You should contact the seller but they'll probably just tell you that your stuff is in transit and out of their hands.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

yoloer420 posted:

I'm in Western Australia and shipping is faster than ever. Recently I had an item arrive in one week. That's a new record for me!

Two weeks is average at the moment though.

I had been getting pretty consistent delivery times of 2 weeks earlier this year until this most recent one took ~8 weeks and it's made me hesitant to order anything else because I just don't want to have to wait that long to get stuff.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Keebler posted:

So what's the right thing to do when stuff doesn't show up? I've had a package that says it's shipped and in the US but USPS says it's waiting for it to arrive from the shipping partner. That was back on 8/31 and we passed the expected delivery date on 9/17. Sounds like I might need to keep waiting from others experiences. Does contacting the seller get anywhere?

I wouldn't bother contacting the seller, they'll just tell you it's in the post. At a certain point you can lodge a dispute with AliExpress if something hasn't arrived. I've done it once or twice and had my money refunded. Once the package turned up like a week after I got my refund, lol (it was a piece of jewellery worth like $2 so I didn't feel that bad).

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Wifi Toilet posted:

Man, these recommendation algorithms are getting scary good

The 'Autistic Virgin' shirt is actually merch for the Neo Punk FM YouTube channel, lol

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

mystes posted:

If you have one can you explain how you use it?

My partner has EDS and Fibromyalgia and struggles to stand for long periods of time. He has one of those stools that he uses to sit on if there's no seats on the train and to sit down on his lunch break. It's not the most comfortable thing but it's better than not being able to sit down and is actually okay to carry around. It folds down to about 2 inches thick and 9.5 inches across. It comfortably fits in a backpack and being able to just pull it open and push it closed in a few seconds is a plus compared to fiddling with a proper camping chair in his use-case at least.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

codo27 posted:

Settled on a couple items from DHgate, but ain't no way I'm putting my naked CC number in there. This Skrill thing seems legit but cant use mastercard to pay on DHG? What a load

Nothing's going to happen if you use your cc directly on DHgate. They're a massive commerce site / payment processor, it's no riskier than using eBay.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

yoloer420 posted:

No idea what colour I need. I just kind of expected it'd be some wavelength that wouldn't be produced by most LEDs. It's good to know that it is pretty standard and easy for them to include the right LEDs though.

No idea what ratio I'd need either. I just want my seedlings to grow indoors so I can get a head start on growing seasons.

You can buy indoor grow kits for herbs and small plants from Amazon, probably even from your local hardware store. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B08DLMRKHM

Prices vary from $30 - $300 but you can probably get the cheapest one and your plants will do fine.

This website has some simple info about the best lights for seedlings, too (tl;dr is they need blue-green light and the stronger the light, the better).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

mystes posted:

don't they also become dull very quickly (like they're really only intended to be used a single time before being replaced)?

Yes but you can buy a box of 100 blades from your local medical supplier (or eBay) for a few dollars so you can afford to be cavalier with them. They're also slightly flexible so have a tendency to snap / shatter if you apply to much force at the wrong angle. Great for precision work but nowhere near as durable or multi-purpose as a box cutter.