Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Shut up Meg posted:

I don't feel bad about this obvious knock-off because there is no official Calvin & Hobbes merchandise.

They have a few more C&H pins on a different page that are less detailed and hopefully better quality. I'm not a pin haver but one of them has literally been my wallpaper at work for like a decade so I have to. All of them (except the last? which im' not even sure is official art) are really good & iconic selections.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33032585285.html

(I'm not watching the loving 15 min video someone linked, but I'll buy that the ultra-detailed Hobbes pin probably looks crap & skip it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Gave myself $25 to blow on fake LEGO that should show up in 6 weeks for my birthday, got a Hogwarts piece that my wife can take into work for the kids after i'm done with it. Seems like as long as it's tied to a real set # the quality is really good, but I did see some actual knock-off building blocks that are clearly poo poo and not compatible.

Also got a bunch of random crap, finally ordered those C&H pins, a 4 star dragonball pin, got my wife some cute earrings that were all under a dollar, a totally-made-by-an-algorithm Discworld iphone case, and a scent proof bag to store all of my weed stuff in that had pretty decent pictures and reviews.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Snowmankilla posted:

Discworld link please?

Hopefully this links to the results - they have different listings for each phone type. If not follow my link and then just find the rest: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...witch_new_app=y

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007836717.html

edit: I got the going postal one. they're all clearly just "jpg fed into phone case generator" but at least that one came out pretty centered and has decent art, plus my wife loves that one specifically.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 19, 2019

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

By popular demand posted:

Alla these film shirts are giving me a good reason to lose weight

there is no 100% way to know but if a shirt has bright/photo printing on pretty much the whole thing it's a really really good chance it's that "this isn't even fabric" fabric that's like bad athleticwear.

if it's got like a single logo, small separate details, or something like the seinfeld large centered logo it's probably something like a regular shirt.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Got my knockoff Legos, my "Justice Magician" set. Looks good, I haven't counted the pieces or tried to assemble yet.

My wife loves her mummy halloween earrings too that were a buck. The weed stash bag arrived and is nice, but I haven't tested its smell proofness but I don't see why it won't be decent.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

My wife is a children's librarian so I am here for these acrylic earrings. They're pretty big and adorable and look good without being heavy to wear at ALL. Since I've now maxed out my life with a total of 3 pins I can live vicariously though her. Look at these mummies!

$0.88 shipped, they have loads and loads of them - right now in my cart I have kitties with little witch hats, hedgehogs, sloths and a bunch of others.

edit: my wife, though actually just an aliexpress sex doll, is not the sex doll in the screenshot.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

The maker is Weveni and they have a storefront: https://weveni.aliexpress.com/store/1552294?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000061.1.13211c6dJ7uHj5

the whole store is cool but the acrylic earrings are under Products > Acrylic Jewelry > Earrings

Like honestly I've never seen a store on Ali that actually as a brand is worth following, but pretty much all their stuff is at least neat. I live in new england so I'm a sucker for all the crab/lobster poo poo too. Great gifts for the family.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

This is how my Harry Potter Justice Magician set came packaged. The bricks do not say LEGO on the bumps, so they aren't just like, the exact same thing without the packaging, but the stickers and stuff are obviously actually Harry Potter and seem like the official LEGO stickers. Not entirely sure, but mine came in separate bags inside of the bigger one. I so far wouldn't say they're much different in strength either, but I bought this on a whim and it's my first time handling legos in forever.

It was $29 and arrived very quickly. It's like 900+ pieces.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 15, 2019

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Isn't Brazil like a uniquely weird retail market?

https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2013/08/14/211737003/brazilians-flood-to-u-s-on-massive-shopping-sprees

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

They have the LEGO Voltron sets so I would be shocked if they don't wind up there. Once I put together my 920 piece Justice Magician set I'm eyeing the big Voltron set too. :getin:

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Anyone know of some good, cheap wireless charging pads for phones? Just upgraded ours and want to take advantage of wireless desk/nightstand charging.

The earbuds someone recommended a few pages back are on sale @ Amazon for 25, if folks don't want to wait (with the smaller of the 2 battery cases)

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah amazon had an Anker charging pad for 9.99 a few days ago.

It’s not worth going to ali for something like that.

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/500164

Its on special deal for like $11 today, sweet thanks

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Amazon is a dog poo poo company and people should stop giving them money. Fire Bezos into the sun.

where exactly do you propose that a goon go to shop for a cheap wireless charging mat for a phone? seems like all of the options are bad. target/walmart MAY have some that aren't directly from aliexpress marked up to $30 but they're terrible companies.

also anker is at least a real brand that isn't available in the stores near me, i'd probably just buy it from ali tbh if i was going unbranded. i rent, we're insured, gently caress it, burn it all down.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Is the V3S pro model any good? It's $90 with the coupon on the product page. Dunno if there are greater discounts to be had/bought but that's barely more than a new video game.

If it's at random that means I can just move it between floors right? The next model up is the A4s which is almost $40 more but it does seem like it has a lot of features...

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 21, 2019

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeah I've been looking for a slim bracelet that does heartrate tracking but either has no screen or has a screen that will stay blank; the Withings Pulse HR seems about as close as I'm going to get right now to something not overly chunky.

edit: If anyone's looking for headphones/earbuds - I posted this last night elsewhere:

if anyone wants a photo side-by-side just shout.

How are these Haylou's treating you? I'm actually specifically worried about the stupid touch control, but I use them on a train in the morning and my current set of $15 wireless earbuds are literally not loud enough (wtf, I miss the goddamn headphone jack) to hear an audiobook on the train.

I have a set of Skullcandy wired earbuds that have a "touch" control and I loving hate it though, but if it's not too sensitive and isn't constantly going off I'd pretty much never use them, which is fine. Basically I'd much prefer a louder "fuller" sounding one like you say the Haylous are but also much prefer the analog button like on the QCY set.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

I do a lot of canoe camping and actually that woman in the big zip lock is a pretty solid selling point, assuming it remains water tight.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Exactly, the meat spoils too quickly using conventional methods (tarps, ropes) as it's exposed to a lot of oxygen and is impossible to keep dry.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

That one's an actual romhack, I think it just has a lot of cursing and stuff

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32909252567.html

:monocle: My own custom wax seal.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I think I still like the mechanical click on the QCYs but I’ve gotten used to the tap placement and timing for the Haylou set now so it’s not such a bother. The H fit my ears better and I get a louder, more enclosed sound from them. I bought the newer H pods with the bigger illuminated charging case (so I have three sets of buds now) and I’m happy with my purchases.

Honestly for the price buy both and pass the less well liked set on to a friend :o:

Ordered 9/24, received 10/3 to east coast US. drat these are really nice. I do hate the touch feature, but whatever you only really need it to turn them on, I'm not pairing often or switching to mono mode. I got the Pro because I commute 3.5 hours a day and will need to frequently charge. :(

They showed up charged, it said to charge them but the 4 indicators were full and it turned off very quickly when plugged in, seems to be working great. You're right about the fit - holy crap, they're way better than anything else I've tried for my loud commute, and there's basically 0 chance of them falling out. They can't be seen from the front at all, so you look like a loving weirdo on the train nodding along to nothing, which I appreciate. Hopefully they can deal with getting slightly sweaty at the gym, I've had regular headphones start to slide out.

Once watched a woman lean over to check if a train was coming and her AirPod fell out of her ear onto the tracks, so apparently it's a thing that happens. She looked very defeated and all of the employees were like "yeah.... we're not getting that right now"

Another review for this thing, the smell proof bag I bought: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33006168273.html

Weed is legal in my state, and neither of us minds the smell if you're smoking it, but this pretty much works as it says as a stash bag. If you're a bit lazy about lining up the dual velcro and it sits for a while the bag will very mildly smell if you like... hold it up directly to your nostril. But it works great for just stopping the "there's weed in this small space" smell.

Damnnn now I want some pins from Over the Garden Wall and Hilda (especially the woodman!!!)

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Oct 4, 2019

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

There was a cute little drawing that said "STICKER" so I found them first. Good first commute in them, pretty happy with these for like $22, under $20 I think if you don't need the pro version. In no way does this feel like a lovely AliExpress product.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Had my first Ali Fuckup. Bought my wife a cute wallet from a seller and they sent me a Game of Thrones Womens House Targaryen wallet. :negative:

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Not a Children posted:

Got the Haylou earbuds with charging case. They're very sleek for the price! Not blown away by the sound, but the fit is very good and they do get pretty loud without any hissing or popping.

Biggest gripe is with the touch controls, which I'm still getting used to. Hard to take them out without accidentally activating a skip or something.

the touch controls are just as annoying as i expected, they stay in pretty well but even reaching up for a second to adjust the fit will sometimes mess with it. the sound seems equal to the previous $9 samsung "best under $20" headphones I was using but i am on loud trains or walking around a loud city 100% of the time I'm using these

probably the worst case i've run into is putting them in and then running into someone I want to talk to, i wound up weirdly taking them out and sticking them in my pocket while still playing. turning them off manually is awkward.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Hoplosternum posted:

I got the Haylou earbuds too. I'm pretty disappointed by the sound quality tbh. And as others have said, they are annoying as gently caress with their touch on & off function. Very easy to bump and turn off. Would not recommend.

whats disappointing about the quality? i expected them for the price (since most of the price is in the wireless crap, battery, and case) to be something like these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J4WHNFC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and that's about what'd i'd say they are.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Had my first dispute and super easy resolution on that wallet. Sent the seller a message & picture which they read and didn't reply to. Waited 3 days, sent a dispute in with a very simple english explanation and the picture. The fact that I'd messaged them w/ no response led to a decision in my favor & full refund within hours. The Game of Thrones wallet they sent me is currently holding the endless pile of adorable $1 earrings which keep arriving :3:

I also have kind of soured on the "fit" of the Haylous, I find they slowly fall out of my ears (they have mass, not entirely surprising) and need to be pushed back in... which activates the stupid touch control. They're still exactly what I wanted/expected for $18. I may try the larger ear tips so they get in there a bit more snugly. I also had one fall out when I was hustling to make a train, which is kind of headphones 101 but also bad?

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

General Bullshit > Aliexpress: this mannequin’s dick is very weird

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

lmao if you dont know the secret keywords to get the lepin Volkshalle model

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

just me and some friends hanging out in our "skateboarding is not a crime" t shirts

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

I'm definitely getting my $20-25 office 'gift swap' thing from Ali. I'm leaning toward this with a bottle of wine, largely because of this amazing review

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32980445054.html

quote:

Well, citizens of alcoholics, bullies, and thugs, the goods are good. We have to take it! On the beach for the new year will test. Delivered quickly, packing-fire. Chinese comrades-thank you, i raise a glass for their health!

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

I've never really had a problem with Ali shipping, and had a number of good ones in a row, but now have a bunch of packages lost in the ether that are about 6 weeks since shipment, which is close to when I lose hope.

Mostly posting because I know claiming they're gone forever will magically make them show up. One of the pairs of earrings did pop up the other day, but they were more recently bought.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

charity rereg posted:

Mostly posting because I know claiming they're gone forever will magically make them show up. One of the pairs of earrings did pop up the other day, but they were more recently bought.

Hi, this worked perfectly. Thank you AliEpress gods. Well, not perfectly, some of my oldest stuff is still missing, but:

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Drizzled? With semen, resembling dipping sauce!

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

MASTURBATING Car Sticker Jerking Off Vinyl for Car Rear Windshield Decal Funny Joke Penis Semen Orgasm Humor Black/Silver

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1838398692.html

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Anything anyone is targeting for the 11/11 sale? I'm not entirely sure how they work but I've been hoarding select coupons and coins, and have a few things in my cart that should get pretty cheap, like an Eachine drone and Sunnecko 6.5" chef's knife.

If nothing else nobody should be ordering anything until Monday it'll all be a few bucks cheaper.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

I have a price tracker and most of the items are equal to or slightly below their lowest 3/6 month averages. Not particularly so, I haven't seen anything that's OMG crazy, but the places that have store coupons + select coupons you can get a few dollars off if you can stack.

Like the Eachine E520S will be down to $65.79 for the 1080p/5G WiFi/2Batteries version. There's a select coupon up to $6 off $65 so it'll be $59.79 which is I believe the cheapest it's ever been. I do a lot of hiking/canoing/camping and have wanted to dick around with a drone in the woods for a while now and $60... yeah I can spare that. It's got great amazon reviews.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Shut up Meg posted:

I didn't bother taking a look this year, but I'm going to hazard a guess that it is like last year and all the sale prices are the same as the regular prices from a week ago.

Still better than Amazon Prime day, though.

theyre better than that, but they're largely in line with the best prices over 6 months. very little is "omg!" or worth spending hours on the site.

i got my drone for $61 shipped. there are stupider ways to spend $60. pretty sure it could be had for about $62 shipped within the past 6 months, but not the past 3.

the knife i wanted is apparently available for a similar price on amazon because it's a real seller i guess that's pretty popular.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

so far i've not had anything take more than 6 weeks. i guess there were some coupons i missed out on yesterday but my hunch is they would have superceded some of the ali coupons, like $6 off 65 probably would have been replaced with $7 off $50.

They don't work today even though the sale is still on. drat you, could have had my drone incrementally cheaper!

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Snowy posted:

Aren’t the sales just lies where they have raised the prices right before discounting them? I heard that a while back and have ignored the sales since.

You should always be using a price tracker on Ali anyway. The Eachine drones were cheaper than they'd ever been (or at least recently, I don't care if 18 months ago it was briefly cheaper). Plenty of things were down to their previous low price at least. Keeping an eye out for coupons and shopping at stores that stack the $2 select coupons + a store coupon + the $6 off $65 etc.

The things on Flash Sale seemed like low prices to me, but as I've said a few times nothing like "omg you NEED to buy right now."

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

mobby_6kl posted:

^^^
Maybe they read it without the machine translation

Where have you seen the cheap eachine drones? I wanted to get a QX65 for indoor flying in winter and the best I found was on banggood here https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-QX...ur_warehouse=CN

I got mine from the official Eachine Ali store, I got a E520S with 2 batteries in the 4k camera (meh the video quality looks poo poo but I'm just dicking around and the 1080p video had visible framerate issues) for $62 shipped, and that included them collecting loving tax for some reason. It's $97 on Banggood and my price tracker shows the lowest there @ 71 (dunno if they have coupons).

Because of how the Ali discounts work it was cheaper for me to get the 4k/2batteries version than the 1080p, which didn't qualify for the $6 off $65 (it was $63). I'm pretty drat confident this is about as cheap as this drone has ever been shipped to the US. All of the reviews call it a bargain at around $100. I'm just going to take stupid videos of me canoeing through class 1.5 rapids and then force my wife to watch them.

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 13, 2019

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

mobby_6kl posted:

Whoa thanks. I searched for the QX on Ali before but I guess overlooked it because it way more than on BG. This one is pretty cool though, even if the video does look like rear end for 60 bucks a drone with GPS and wifi video is amazing value.

If you want a super cheap one this is $24 in the lowest config, but honestly the E520s @ 62 seems like a much better value and like a really perfect entry level drone that I'll actually use. not 100% sure all of the same discounts currently apply today but you can get it pretty close or just the 1 battery version.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Eachine-E58-WIFI-FPV-With-Wide-Angle-HD-1080P-Camera-Hight-Hold-Mode-Foldable-Arm-RC/32837242349.html

bus hustler fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Docahedron posted:

Is Ali forcing logins now? Just last week I was browsing and searching fine, now it won't let me search without a login.

Not in Firefox on private browsing. Same in not private browsing actually, they're pretty aggressive about making you log in each session and I'm able to search/browse.