Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Arghhhh. I had to fast forward through some parts for this episode. I hope they got all the creepy junk out of the way now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I enjoyed the look into the homelife of a terrible otaku and his mmo addict boyfriend. It was nice.

I sure am glad that that was the entirety of the episode and that nothing at all unsavory happened.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Stairmaster posted:

A dragon would never let a human penetrate him.

And this thread continues to be gross.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rodyle posted:

I find the Boy That Elementary School Girl Really Wants to gently caress stuff way worse, and its being around makes the shota poo poo even harder to brush off

Is that referencing something else the author wrote? That context makes it worse...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Kytrarewn posted:

Does the fourth character ever show up or is it a running joke that she never does?

EDIT: Oh, the title for the next episode is ("Fourth Dragon (Oh, she's finally appearing, huh").

I'd love to watch an anime where the protagonist never actually shows up. Sort of a Waiting for Gadot of the 21st century.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

z0glin Warchief posted:

Now I'm going to hell, I hope you're happy :mad:

This is terrible! A dragon would never let her shoes get that dusty.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

z0glin Warchief posted:

1920x1080!

The frog cutout is kind of sloppy though :(

Is...is the frog blushing?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dire Lemming posted:

It's not wrong, it's just that in some places the definition of too skimpy is completely naked.

Yeah, generally an acceptable bikini is anything large enough to cover naughty bits with enough string to at least slightly secure it.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Beasteh posted:

Lucoa's getting memed pretty hard

They....Missed two faces.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It's not even a bedspread (if I read it right), it's a fitted sheet. So it's not like you have Tohru on top of the sheets or whatever facing the world, you're sleeping on or next to a printed Tohru under the sheets.
:stare:

That's a feature! They even have a bullseye add-on for $5.99

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wonder if Kanna if also from the same faction as Elma based on her eye color.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Poil posted:

Maybe if she removed the freaking bone from the tail. Gross.

Clearly you've never had a delicious bowl of oxtail soup. Some people would be offended if you deprived them of all the marrow.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nitrousoxide posted:

It's just a heater screwed into the bottom of a table with a blanket over it. It's actually super easy to make.

Is there anything they keeps you from scalding yourself on the heating element accidentally?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That is horrifying.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wallrod posted:

This shot honestly surprised me because WHO PUTS THIS MUCH DETAIL INTO A FLUFFY DUSTER THINGY. I love how Kyoani doesn't give a gently caress and makes everything detailed.

Also the scene with Fafnir was very sweet.

The fluffy duster is an important metaphor for her ability to cling to a new life in the human world.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

RoadCrewWorker posted:

That was incredibly sweet and had surprisingly smart and real moments for a goofy fantasy spoof slapstick show and i'm genuinely sad it's over

though some uncomfortably creepy overtones for the young dragon kid / boy wizard stuff meshed incredibly poorly with the wholesome tone of the rest of the show and mean i'll probably never actually recommend it to anyone, ever

which is just a goddamn bummer, cause i really wish i could

I'm pretty sure you could clip out most scenes with them in it and it would have almost no discernible effect on the show.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Absolutely, which is exactly why i get even less why they're there in the first place. Unless applying pointless fanservice-y innuendo to characters that look like they're 8 is some stunningly off-tone cynic meta-genre-commentary joke

and even then

And the weirdest part is that Shouta is a mage-in-training. Arguably that pair could have had some of the most interesting interactions with a few magic gags thrown in. After the first time he's introduced, it's never really mentioned again.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

http://mashable.com/2017/04/06/lgbtq-japan-osaka/#h.zyIcn_Viqc

KyoAni did it guys!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oh god the slurping and heavy breathing made me cringe.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xelkelvos posted:

Someone translated a new chapter. :nws: warning.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xelkelvos posted:

It's rice porridge with banana, soft udon, what might be jelly or tofu and some other thing. That should give anyone pause no matter who made it (except for maybe someone from Shokugeki no Souma).

That actually seems kind of nutritious and easy to eat, although it sounds rather disgusting.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pollyanna posted:

I question the wisdom of presenting a play about a homeless girl that dies a horrible death from the cold to a retirement home.

It's better to make them face the reality of the situation up front. There just aren't enough matches to go around after the budget cuts at the nursing home.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A thing of beauty.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

http://kotaku.com/my-eye-opening-trip-to-an-anime-maid-cafe-1795443946

In which the author hates the show and ends up going to a cringey Maid Dragon cafe in New Jersey.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Guy Goodbody posted:

wow really, you think this is "great"?

Outside of maybe a handful of fanservicey points, the show was one of the most accurate representations of the issues that individuals with disabilities face in any form of media.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pollyanna posted:

I really like that too, oh my god. It's so pretty :swoon:

You should start the trend.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Schwarzwald posted:

It's telling that in so many of these "fantastic beings are secretly real" stories, that the actual fantasy is having a loving relationship with another person.

Life as a Japanese salary-person must be impossibly miserable.

You realize how many people throughout the world generally long for exactly that, right? I don't think it's something particular to salary-people by any measure.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm not saying wanting love and companionship is something uniquely Japanese. Rather, the existence of such an extensive and marketable genre that conflates companionship with magical fantasy that I find alarming.

It may be that I'm too familiar with my own culture to recognize that the same thing exists here. Certainly franchises like Twilight exist.

There are also plenty of romantic films with magical elements in the west as well. Look at most classic Disney movies.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Zore posted:

I think the difference with those is that the whole world is fantastical there rather than the fantastic invading something otherwise mundane.

A better example might be things like Bewitched or I Dream of Jeanie which are structurally really similar to Dragon Maid.

Even so, I'm not sure why that distinction makes it remarkably different in substance when compared to other romantic fantasies.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pachakuti posted:

You're not sure why presenting someone who a healthy relationship is possible with as inherently supernatural is different in substance? Uhhh...

Obviously it's weird, but they tend to be anthropomorphized to the point where they're not particularly distinguishable from regular people in a behavioral sense. I've seen less realistic depictions of people in actual live action movies played by actual humans.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

sexpig by night posted:

Funimation: "We were just following the original intent when we changed 'you're not really my type' to 'I'm not into women' in the dub"

Official bluray: 'Here's a picture of a gay dragon wedding'

Who thought it was a good idea to make them straight?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Robviously posted:

Maple Cream Ice Cream is dope as is pouring it hot directly onto snow and eating it with a couple pickles.

Tldr: good maple syrup owns.

Don't eat snow. It sponges up suspended pollutants from the air and concentrates them rather effectively.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Elma invades CandyLand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nuebot posted:

I feel like you could salvage it by playing up the fact that she just is bad at looking human in ways other than child-sized with huge tits? Just have it be a reoccurring gag or something like the page where she tries to make hands and does it very badly.

Just give her Dumbo ears or an extra large nose some episode. It'd be functionally the same.

• Locked thread