Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Man. I had forgotten how kinda ugly the original manga was. It's really impressive how KyoAni's made this show so gorgeous while still being so recognizably the same cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This is a very good show

Evidence suggests that it will continue to be very good

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kibibit posted:

Poor Kanna, got her favourite pillow stolen.

Nah, she agreed to share, that's how you know she really loves Kobayashi

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/hekate_rina/status/831579464832262144

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Good ep, I thought. Handled some of the skeevier parts of the manga well (Kanna comes off much more as thinking about kissing Saikawa rather than ****ing her, and Lucoa's 'offer' is played off as a joke) and I really liked what they did with Fafnir.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Need to get a shot of Kobayashi and Tooru smiling at Kanna from under their umbrella. :3:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I enjoyed the look into the homelife of a terrible otaku and his mmo addict boyfriend. It was nice.

Visual storytelling there was top-notch - you learn a whole lot about the dynamics of that relationship in like 2-4 minutes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'd rather we didn't

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean there's been anime original stuff for most of the characters, so I imagine Elma'd get some too unless she appears super late.

It sounds like she does appear quite late - like episode 8 I think is what people are guessing based off of released episode titles. Still probably some time for some original material though.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

So what are the odds that the anime caps off with an extended version of the encounter with Tohru's dad?

That'd be a great capstone. I'm kinda pulling for that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I also loved that Takiya was making a bullet hell that totally looks like a solid bullet hell.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Meat Beat Agent posted:

Lord please let this show get back to being cute instead of skeevy so we can stop talking about gross ADTRW posters

Be the poster you want to see

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This is why we can't have nice things

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This season's Bad KyoAni Discourse is particularly bad

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Brainiac Five posted:

Let's talk about something better, like whether Fafnir would be a good boyfriend or whether he'd leave his dirty socks out and refuse to cuddle.

Fucker doesn't even have a job and spends 21 hours a day on WoW. I think it's clear who the better half is in that relationship

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Poil posted:

Why would anyone take what Kanna did as being anything more than trying to experience a kiss? :psyduck:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dogsicle posted:

but the anime isn't the manga

Also, FWIW, I've heard a few folks say that translation's bad and the original line was the tongue-cleaning thing Kanna mouthed in the anime.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Chiukii/status/833127664001105920

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

Someone said The Scene means Kobayashi and Tohru are making out off camera and I've decided they're right

...The Scene?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

(meaning kanna is imitating them)

Ah, right.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Space Flower posted:

This doesn't help me at all. They're making out in the Saikawa house while Georgie watches? Or while sharing an umbrella?? a??

Dis is saying that Kanna was trying to make out with Saikawa because she'd walked in on her mommies doing the same at one point and wanted to imitate them.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

*DRAGON MAID DUB*

quetzalcoatl: hey kid
shouta: sorry, im not into women

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I want to believe.

Good ep, nice bounceback from a relative downbeat last week. Should certainly promote less Bad KyoAni Discourse, at any rate.

The bit with Tohru flashing back to her parents leaves me with a strong suspicion that we'll be closing on the confrontation with Daddy. Hope I'm right, KyoAni ought to be able to slam dunk on an ending like that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It is an extremely pretty show.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/B0bduh/status/834499923886346240

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ha, gay.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Who's the motherfucker implying that Tohru and Kobayashi are anything less than doting mothers :argh:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

z0glin Warchief posted:

Now I'm going to hell, I hope you're happy :mad:

Worth it

https://twitter.com/HugBdrill/status/835229818446721024

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 24, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Jesus christ

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Space Flower posted:

There's actual cosplay regulations at comiket to prevent oversexiness, yes

What about at the beach?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I have also never heard of this, although I've visited like two beaches in my life.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I...feel like it might be generating more fanart than 2pho did, at least, and 2pho generated plenty of merch. But I don't have any numbers.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Elma is extremely good, as was Kobayashi opening up a bit at the end of the episode. Pretty sure that whole spiel was anime-original.

Also I like how completely unshakable Kobayashi's gotten. A dragon from another dimension flattening her living room and declaring a duel with her maid now elicits little more than an irritated sigh.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Comrade Kirov posted:

Apparently the leaked dub for this scene is going to be:
'Your hair is very soft, do boys like the smell of that conditioner?'

This anime is so nice... We only have two episodes left right? I'm gonna miss this warm feeling in my cold dead heart every Wednesday.

Also, I like how Tohru just handwaves the fact that she's a massive villain and so are most of her friends...

I think we have 5 more? Maybe 4? I'm sure I saw that we're getting 12 or 13 episodes.

And I wouldn't really call Tohru a villain. Especially by this late in the series, it's pretty clear that she doesn't look back that fondly on the whole murderous dragon routine (Indeed, she appears actively traumatized by it) and is perfectly content to settle down with Kobayashi. These days her vows of destruction and declarations of humanity's inferiority come off more as posturing.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

She needs to keep up appearances so those darn kids stay off her lawn.

Speaking of appearances, I also really like that Kanna's stuff is labelled "Kobayashi Kanna" instead of "Kamui Kanna" even at home where they don't need to keep up appearances. :3:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Naoko Yamada is a good

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lucoa's scenes with Shota are still pretty bad, but I'll admit that the dream imagery genuinely made me laugh until it cut back to Lucoa.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mine's probably Fafnir, predictably enough. Kanna and Tohru are neck and neck for second, Elma just behind the pair of them, and Lucoa well behind her.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Fafnir going all only to get shut the gently caress down by Kobayashi was great

I like that she didn't even make it about shouting him down so much as shrugging him off. The episode did a ton of stuff both subtle and obvious to show how much more comfortable Kobayashi and Tohru have become being honest and intimate with each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That is easily the best "Kobayashi sleeps on Tohru's tail" fanart I've seen yet.

• Locked thread