Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Reading those Steam reviews is kind of hilarious. Alot of people comparing this to Star Was: Galaxies New Game Experience. I have to wonder if any of them actually went through that, because these changes to Marvel Heroes have mostly been for the better. The NGE was just... Jesus...

Lots of salt in them reviews and little to no substance. The official forums are the same. Mostly just "IT'S DIFFEREEEEENNNNT".

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
This was a much needed pruning and refining of a lovely and needlessly complicated set of systems and leaves the game in a much better place to iterate on in the future. As for dashes and teleports, well the problems with those and rapid transit breaking the game engine for a fair number of people was going to go down in two ways. What we have or using a different game engine. Guess which one was more feasible. I can't wait for this years to maybe turn alot of these Team-Up characters into full ones. Looking at you, Kamala.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 21, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Run the graphics at high. No I am not joking. Turn off ambient occlusion, depth of field and motion blur (and anti aliasing if you can take it). Make sure you're drivers are up to date. What's your OS? Running it with DX10 or 11 improves performance immensely.

Just so you know, I'm running this game on like, a Radeon HD 6450 with not that many problems.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

cams posted:

nice

does anyone know of any broken/malfunctioning talents on people other than x23, storm, and invisimom? i'd imagine there are some more and i'd like to keep track

Heroes for Hire + Heroes Call Talent =

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
The "apologists" are pretty right though?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

BrianWilly posted:

Are Eternity Splinters not dropping anymore? :psyduck:

Since when? I've made like, 50 over the past day.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Done a repair through Steam Library > Right-Click game > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Wait, do people think Int still effects pet damage, when the big update patch notes said it had been changed to Crit damage and Med-Kit cooldown?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

A Bystander posted:

Only if you want it to be.

Did the game get optimized any better because I might jump back on for a quick laugh if so.

I'm running this game on high with low AA on a 6gig, DDR2 system with an ATI HD6450. Runs smooth, but my lovely HDDs bottleneck me in midtown..

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I know, I thought for sure he'd be Fighting/Durability.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Just put in for Elektra. Lady is good and fun and has good VO work.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Gonna get her so I can run with Wolverine.

Also if the next set of heroes don't include a whole bunch of viable team-ups then that's a missed opportunity. C'moooon Kamala.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
That Beast reveal video kind of actually made me want to try Beast out. Not doing it without that cat-Beast costume though.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Real talk though...is this what loving Beast looks like? I feel like I'm seeing the 3rd visual in an evolution diagram.

Yup, that's actually his most recent Comic look, dubbed Gorrila-Beast. Cat -Beast was his last look and was originally going to be his default costume, but they took so long they swapped it over.

That said, Cat-Beast looks great. I like how short and stocky he is.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 4, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
X marks the spot.

*Crotch chop*

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I actually voted most of the people I play alot a 4 or 5. I actually really like this update, movement changes and all.

Hawkeye and Wolverine got a 2 though.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I play Ant-Man, Squirrel Girl, Juggernaut and Venom most. All melee, all 5s. Psyloke, Rocket, Rogue and Black Cat also get a 5. Iron Fist is also up here because Dragon stance DBZ Chi blasts everywhere still works (and is actually even better now) and is fun.

Elektra movement, purple lasers Magneto, Gambit and Iron-Man hybrid all get a 4. Loki, Taskmaster, Punisher, Ultron and Moon Knight also sit here.

Luke Cage is at a 2 because his pet spec is fundamentally broken, powers-wise (his other specs are fine though). Wolverine and Hawkeye are down here because their poo poo just isn't that fun to play right now.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 7, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Toshimo posted:

A couple dudes got costume changes. Make sure the default costume you are blending isn't different from their base look.

Captain Marvel in particular. If you had her when she was Ms. Marvel, you'll have a copy of her Ms. Marvel costume, as well as her new base, maskless Captain look.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Well, Ichor Angela seems stupid powerful and I'm guessing this is how most play her. Just breezed her through the Cosmic Trial.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

AzraelNewtype posted:

Angela's time came down 10s since I made this, dropping the mean (red circle) a bit.

Got a build on that Angela? Just want to compare to what I'm doing atm.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 10, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Kokoro Wish posted:

AzraelNewtype posted:

Ask Lozareth. This was his data and I don't even have her yet. I just like R.

Also I was wrong about what hitting Tesla Coil will do to Mr. F, so they really are bringing down the high end closer to the middle. The bottom end is still a shitshow though.

Lozareth posted:

Deadpoo, Loki, and War Machine have the same low dps as TM. I'm going to get some videos up for them soon. Not sure who else is also that low.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Really can't wait for Girl Squirrel.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Try landing on Storm seven times in a row. I swear to god I have never been so genuinely salty in my life.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Achernar posted:

Also is Thor ranged or melee? I played him as melee and wasn't liking it.

Either/Or, or both. He works well in any combo. Pure ranged is perfectly viable, but not I haven't taken him to cosmic levels. He's generally not my cup of tea.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 13, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

I AM THE MOON posted:

the actual probvlem they wanted to solve was: the game cant work on playstation 4 when you go fast.

thats also why kokoro likes the changes, because hes playing on a filipino toaster he built in a CAVE, from a box of SCRAPS, while hiding from duterte

Hey that's not true at all.

It's more of a pit, I'll have you know.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Talent for Hell on Wheels.

Never stop.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qVSzHwzXmc

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Luckily when they put in the costume wardrobe, you'll automatically be able to select the character's default look.

vv: That too.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 15, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
...Enough...

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

punchymcpunch posted:

this dude needs to be playable

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
So apparently Black(agar) Bolt(agon) has no voice lines apart from his Signature and Ultimate. This is offset by Medusa having more lines than any other team-up, mostly because, like in the comic, she'll speak in stead of her husband.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

He looks like this ATM:

vvv: Indeed. And apparently there's still people that prefer the old one, mad bastards.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 17, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

From the Black Bolt Pre-Order Blurb posted:

Having experienced terrigenesis before he was born, Blackagar Boltagon was granted frighteningly destructive powers. With a voice strong enough to destroy whole worlds, his parents would isolate and teach him to control his abilities. Finding silent companionship in one of his few visitors, Medusalith Amaquelin, the two’s romance would blossom into marriage.

quote:

Finding silent companionship in one of his few visitors, Medusalith Amaquelin, the two’s romance would blossom into marriage.

quote:

Medusalith Amaquelin

Medusalith

Amaquelin

I hate you so much right now, Marvel.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Fun Fact: She's his first cousin

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
It's also exactly how he looks in the comics at the moment.

Pugnatious faced, unhappy Thor, best Thor.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Scoss posted:

FWIW I personally think a lot of the changes were smart and make it easy to overlook whatever was lost. I am much more fixated on whether or not the other shoe will drop, and how they will get back to actually adding new content again after they have wrapped up the major systems reworks.

Yup, pretty much. Most of the reviews are the usual reactionary stuff to a major systems change, but the reviews are lying out their asses when they make comparisons to Star Wars Galaxies infamous New Game Experience.

The changes cleaned up alot of overly obtuse systems and streamlined alot of stuff like the Omega to Infinity system. Even the movement changes were a smart idea given engine performance and game balance. Yes, I liked to zoom around everywhere with teleport, but I can at least admit that it was broken as gently caress and toxic to balance.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I swear, if one of Black Bolts Killing Words isn't "Muad'Dib"...

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Frank Castle or Vision.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

AzraelNewtype posted:

I'm seriously never going to understand why they decided BB's beam attacks should come from his hands instead of the antenna he wears explicitly to direct energy attacks. His ranged kit has bigger issues than stupid animations (weaker than melee despite needing significantly more resources to work at all) but it's just such a baffling starting point.

It's because Marvel informed them that the Antenna is a receiver and only tangentially used as an emitter, which gave them artistic license to go hog wild with how the powers look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I haven't played Ultron a great deal since the big update, but with that and the Summon changes, he's really loving fun and effective now.