Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

TTE, aka Time To Eat, we use the metric of 2 dozen hotdogs

I thought it was Thingburgers?

May be difficult to find those now, but I'm sure one of these guys has a big stash in their freezer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The two things that set this game apart are the retention of skill points over a boring Diablo 3 sort of system, and the amazing fast travel speed and movement based powers.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The game died for me when they hosed up the skill system and movement powers, but it's sad (but completely expected) to see it finally get the plug pulled. I'll be equipping the most yellow shaders I can find in Destiny 2 in tribute.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Maybe they could keep the game open if they removed all of Marvel's intellectual property and replaced it with their own original content. I think you guys have figured out all the alternate names already, now we just need to submit a lot of fanfiction to Gaz so that they have inspiration.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

wait what

was... was the switch-flipper a lie this whole time?

Not at all. The switch for "start Monday Madness" is merely right next to the "shut down all the servers" switch. Which probably explains a lot, come to think of it.

Still, I think this thread can live forever if someone can figure out an alternative way to become cosmic.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Game's not completely dead!: https://www.amazon.com/POG-00718-Marvel-Game/dp/B000FJ4A6G/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1512701271&sr=8-17

ponzicar fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 8, 2017

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So this means that they will start selling Thingburgers at Disneyland restaurants?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

HebrewMagic posted:

Don't joke about that, my heart can't take the hit that it won't happen

Your heart also couldn't take it if it did happen.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
With the right shaders, it is theoretically possible to turn your character yellow in that game. How could he resist?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Take one of Squirrel Girl's squirrels, make it talller, then squeeze it a bit. Pull its nose longer, shrink the tail, and there you go, a beautiful gaz horse ready to be sold in the costume store.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Homunculi or reproduction through budding. I'm sure those are canon for at least a few characters.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
New project idea: let's make this thread last longer than the game itself did.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

thelazyblank posted:

they are literally buying the switch flipper from gaz's dead office

Do you think anyone told him that the game shut down? Or has he been sitting there the whole time, flipping away, sustaining himself on boxes of leftover Thing burgers?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

I keep touching this stove and coincidentally my hand keeps getting burned, help

Try wrapping your hand in dollar bills first, to insulate it.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
That's actually just a leftover Thingburger.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Whatever comes out of you after eating this is actually a baby symbiote. Put it on so it grows big and strong.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

BabyFur Denny posted:

So Marvel Heroes is now deader than Hellgate:London. great job guys

It'll relaunch in 2028. You just need more faith.

I also just realized that I still have the box for the collector's edition of Hellgate:London gathering dust on a shelf. Here's hoping they honor the original cd key.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Giedroyc posted:

Marvel Heroes currently is more playable and fun than Destiny 2.

The highest class of weapons and armor is yellow colored; I'm not sure what else you guys want from it.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Sea Lily posted:

stan lee dying hurts. but he lived a life as long and as impactful as anyone can hope for. dude changed pop culture permanently. even when time marches on and marvel and disney inevitably collapse into nothing... spiderman, the fantastic four, the x-men, they'll all basically live forever as people keep making new stories with stan's ideas in the public domain. dude made a dozen sherlock holmes tier characters that make him effectively immortal

rip the man himself

Public domain ain't gonna win out over disney.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
If they bring those back, then they should also do the same for the X-Men Legends games.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

know it's a typo but im tickled pink by the idea of ICR assembling an elite team of video game nerds to crack unsolvable Euclidean geometry puzzles

Well, the game is named Division.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

quote:

Risks and challenges
the risks are:
- Marvel denial to reopen the Marvel heroes omega brand

Well, at least he's up front about it.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
They consolized the movement and skill system of the PC version. I think one of the devs said it was because while they were developing the console version, they thought they were going to lose the license for the PC platform, but it apparently got extended. It was nice of them to make the game bad so that the actual death wasn't quite as painful I guess.

Also, it seems that there has been a secret City of Heroes private server running for the last six years. Maybe the real reason this thread is still alive is that there's a secret private MH server running somewhere, and you guys are just being stingy with the invitations.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
MUA3 has playable Wasp. Some MH forums poster is finally having his dreams come true.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Juggernaut's not on a roll anymore, and neither is his stepbrother Chuck.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I still regret passing on the lifetime subscription for Hellgate: London.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

it was all downhill when they decided they needed more cash and the only solution was console

I think there may have been a licensing thing where they still had the console rights but thought they were going to lose the PC rights. Regardless, it made the game die twice. Like the stroke that disables a beloved grandfather and sends him to hospice.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I do have the client still installed on an old computer, come to think of it ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

#4 the entire Capcom side of UMvC3

As a single character.