Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MMAgCh posted:

Feed them to your pets. Which, I'm pretty sure, is also bugged right now and requires you to re-log after using the crafter recipe to nuke a pet's uniques count.
All the new players will love getting to witness Gaz go full Gaz. :allears:

This poo poo was broken on its first TC iteration. How. New and exciting bugs are one thing, but this is just sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
That isn't too bad, assuming the 400es gift works. It's certainly better than when most of us started, and you had a small roster of mostly 200es characters with a couple 400s and you picked one from them and liked it. It means you can't start with Doom, Deadpool, Iron Man, Ghost Rider, Strange, or Rogue, but that's not the end of the world. Particularly Iron Man, since there's a More Different Iron Man that you can start with. The seven day reward gets you another rando box, which is still assuredly good for you on your seventh day. It was more generous for a while, but this could be a lot worse.

Of course, it apparently doesn't work that well, and if you started pre-patch but didn't burn your free unlock for some reason (idgi, but there are reports) you're just shafted. Because :gaz:.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

soscannonballs posted:

Has Black Cat been removed from the game yet?

They just gave her out free back on Black Friday to anyone who took time out of their day to log in (and then out immediately lol nobody was playing), so no.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Toshimo posted:

I ran story for prestiging tonight with 250% XP (190 synergy + 10 Pot of Gold + 50 Boost) and didn't ding 60 until I beat Sinister (fortunately Ch.7 is like 3 minutes long). Start to finish was 57 minutes (timed by buff duration). I don't see how people are getting it done close to Juggs without boosting to at least 300%+ or they are stopping to do side quests.

Are you running story on red or green? I'm consistently hitting 60 around the end of chapter 3 on red with 200 synergy, ~50 boost (tend to pop late when it begins to slow slightly), Cyclops synergy on.

Speaking of Jugs though, it's really annoying that they managed to make that one mission not flag started if you just jump straight from Chucko to the train yard. You can hop from SHIELD point to SHIELD point without actually doing things, but you can't go straight in or the tracker loses its mind and you don't get credit. Chapter 4 and 6-9 aren't hamstrung like this, and 1-3 were revamped to do this intentionally, so I don't expect them to fix it, but it's kind of annoying.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Just a Power Cosmic each when I prestiged Captain Marvel and Cyclops twice, no core at first. Cyke has a 10% XP core in the low 40s, but that obviously is less about survival than just getting more grinder grist faster. Deadpool I did raw, with a Godslayer that I put on him for leveling, so it was giving 10% XP by the end but certainly didn't help with damage by the time it stopped being hard.

Pets (assuming you weren't studious about ensuring they were all +3 Fighting, unless you're playing a Fight/* character) and Infinity points (remember they unlock at 1) help. Also it probably helps to have a character that isn't too hybrid, such that you have a lot more usable powers early, instead of a weird split that don't mesh. Deadpool was kind of a nightmare until 30, then unlocking the trait tree was fairly simple from there.

e: Oh, and in case it's not obvious, either turn down your pet auto-vape or occasionally go to Jarvis/Weapon vendor to buy stuff. Particularly the weapons, since armor slots don't really scale the defense percentage with levels so much as they get more/better affixes. Even green garbage is better than the nothing that you might think you should be able to get through story with. Bear in mind, per the devs, Heroic is tuned between old Cosmic Terminal and pre-update Cosmic Patrols. This is a huge jump from what old red meant.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jan 26, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Ghost of Starman posted:

Oh, this is interesting...

I've been wondering what to do with a Power Cosmic that I had on Jean, since she seems to be pretty solidly in EITHER Mental or Energy these days, a hybrid's just not workable. I don't have Loki, Rogue, or Doom, buuuut... one of Cyclops' talents lets him swap out Jean for Emma Frost. And she deals Mental Damage... :getin:

Edit: Also, is the PC viable on hybrids that only do 2 out of the 3? I vaguely recall someone saying something to that effect.

It's not as good as a level 80 when two-typing, but yes. Basically nobody was tri damage for a while and it was much sought after before the new set. It's even better now for Cyclops now. Emma will proc physical for you too, though, so it's irrelevant unless you're some sort of punchclops purist using no energy powers.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I'm so confused at what they think makes a hero Intelligence-based for "Lore reasons" now.

Have you ever read a comic with Doom, Mr. F, or Iron Man in them?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
On the other hand, my Cyclops is now using a White Gorilla Spear that happened to come with +Energy. Itemization is whack right now.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Cease to Hope posted:

this game is a loving mess, why am I playing it again

Because it's a wonderful mess.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Well, that isn't an upgrade of an existing artifact in the first place, so they're probably separate farms.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Gear progression right now is "get all level 60s" basically. There are recipes to upgrade the item level of the gear, but it's meant to take literal weeks and will probably only benefit current uniques, not the Omega items (release TBD) yet to come.

It works on Cosmics too, it's just that nobody does this because why would they when good uniques are abound. Since it's designed for the rando-affix style items already, it'll probably wind up working on Omegas too. This won't make it any easier for a guy who just finished story to get the recipes, but it means if he does work towards it it probably won't go to waste in six years when they implement their new system.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Well, the listing of all eight affixes does read "-15% Primary Resource Cost Reduction" after all. I'm sort of impressed that whoever implemented his managed to correctly parse the double negative instead of incorrectly doing the only sensible thing this affix could possibly have meant. That takes focus.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Does Torch's heal talent scale the heal with the sig's damage? I don't think you'll find many people who also have 20 in his ultimate.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Lozareth posted:

It heals a percentage of your max health per second so it doesn't scale with ult ranks and other sig boosting stuff.

Then neato. It's hilarious that he's unkillable now after spending so long as tough as a matchstick.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Toshimo posted:

Is it really reasonable to suggest that someone who can't yet do cosmics upgrade their gear to 66/69?

Cosmic terminals are now almost as hard as cosmic patrols were. Cosmic patrols are now harder than they used to be. It's not reasonable to go into those without some level of the upgrades.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

changed I think. When did they change Magik's va?

When the hero version came out.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Notably, the hero's voice is fine. It's just the new versions of the team-up lines that are awful... so I guess start playing her or find a better team-up for summoners.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cams posted:

if you're already doing the hardest content in the game successfully to get those items, what is the point of getting them?

Did you not see the two dots to the right of the yellow one? Most of the cosmic affixes are defensive in nature anyway (with an easier time getting what would be high rolls of the base arti), so they basically just reward you for going full glass cannon by tempering your glass slightly.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Wolverine is fun and good, actually.

Like, not davebo levels of cosmicing on a fresh account good, but I took him to green 60 when I only intended to take him to green Just Finished The Raft Because His Gear Was Vendor Trash And I Wanted 1/3 Of A Random Costume For No Loss, and it was fine. He's flimsy as gently caress with low gear though.

Incidentally, the costume I eventually got with that Wolverine costume was Phoenix Force Emma, so prestiging was actually a mistake.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Is that Thor Ye Olde Ranged Build (now w/Talents) or something new? I know you can talent Hammer Strike to be ranged, but since there's people complaining that CtS is so much stronger than any melee build I feel like you probably don't want the CtS cooldown+Hammer Strike ranged filler build. Or maybe you do what do I know

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Jusupov posted:

Mystic 9: Defeat villain counterparts with green goblin, black cat, uhh something else? [not Taskmaster, Loki, Doctor Doom, and Juggernaut since those were in mystic 3]

Forums say:

quote:

It's three defeats per boss, and needs to be done with three different playable villain characters. You get to choose which three you like of the (currently confirmed) four that work for this achievement.

Confirmed to work:

-Magneto (confirmed by achievement pop on defeat)

-Ultron (confirmed by achievement pop on defeat)

-Goblin (confirmed by achievement pop on defeat)

-Venom (confirmed by achievement pop on defeat)

Confirmed to not work:

-Black Cat

-Electra

-Taskmaster

-Juggernaut

-Loki

-Doom

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

6 should work in regular MM right? not seeing anyone say it has to be cmm

don't really feel like gearing up the goat rider

He's good and cool though.

But yeah, almost none of these even require you to unlock the character, much less gear them for cosmic. I definitely did Blade's part of one of these without owning him. Also Kitty for an earlier one (since rectified).

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Now nerf Ms Marvel and Mr Fantastic

They are nerfing Carol. It's right there in the link you quoted.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Hooray, there's officially no reason to keep unbound urus for a rainy day then. That's a pittance for on-demand purchase.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Angela's time came down 10s since I made this, dropping the mean (red circle) a bit. Taskmaster is the outlier circle. He's not even close to the pack.

So, obviously, gaz is hitting a Mr. F power that won't cripple his build, and doing nothing for the taxman.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Kokoro Wish posted:

Got a build on that Angela? Just want to campare to what I'm doing atm.

Ask Lozareth. This was his data and I don't even have her yet. I just like R.

Also I was wrong about what hitting Tesla Coil will do to Mr. F, so they really are bringing down the high end closer to the middle. The bottom end is still a shitshow though.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

BabyFur Denny posted:

Why did they nerf Miss Marvel? She is one of the more mediocre teamups.

He means Captain Marvel and is being a pain about her name (note: Ms. is not short for Miss in either case)

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

It turns out the post didn't even have a build, and it relied on something being patched out today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXM1ePaBD28

It was basically just recorded for posterity.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cams posted:

no thank you

Who hurt you?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
It's obviously fake because if he were actually in he wouldn't have let an illiterate moron like me green muscle when they only really needed one more person.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Ciaphas posted:

Well since Human Torch is my unlocked guy and I don't have enough whatevers for someone else, guess I'll play him.

Now comes my usual question for things like this, what's the 'right' way to play him (and other characters for that matter) I'm only level 13 but I've got like a half dozen powers that are variations on 'burn fuckers at range' and I don't really know what to use. (I mean, yes, everything works while leveling, sure, I know)

The right way to play any level 13 character is to just use whatever powers you think look good and not worry about any of this until at least 30, when you have access to them all. Even then, depending on the character you might not actually have the powers you'll want to use in the long run if they're variants unlocked by talents. Even among characters who have their entire set of useful skills at 30, sometimes talents change their usability so much that they may as well not have them earlier. It's honestly not worth doing much more than poking around and seeing what you personally like until 56.

Also, you should actually have eternity splinters for another hero as of your day two login bonus, so if you don't it's possible you're in the weird state where your account is too old for the current bonuses but not played enough to actually have them, so it may be worth making a new one.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Since we have new/returning people who are missing a decent percentage of the cast again, now's a good time to link this: Marvel Heroes Random Hero EV Calculator.

Make a copy of the spreadsheet for your account and set up your yes/nos correctly and it will tell you the expected value of a random box. Empty costs are there for characters that are confirmed, but as long as there is no value it doesn't actually affect the calculations any. If you're on your first character still, random is obviously a safe bet (1:60 chance of a dupe), but as you get more of the heroes it gets harder to eyeball how much of a gamble you'd be taking, given the different values. Obviously, I'm keeping it up to date just for its own sake, as they'll have to add an awful lot of characters (and primarily 600ES ones) for it to get viable for me again.

It just occurred to me though, that if you have the entire cast and nobody at max ultimate, random boxes become valuable again, as they're 25ES cheaper than ultimate upgrade tokens. It's not... a great savings, or idea, but it's something. I might have to update the way it values a yes for people with large percentages of the cast.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

madcow posted:

Summoner's are getting fixed next patch, which sounds like it won't be this week, but next.

It's cute that you still have this much faith in them.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Ciaphas posted:

Does the push to 10 tend to give a good feel for a character or is it not even close to reality? Wondering how to spend my free unlocks, still. I have 131 fragments and 200 more coming on day 7 (so a week from now) for logging in.

I am amused by Deadpool's quips but he's already 10 and anyway not in the recommended infographic in the OP

Deadpool is bad and also costs 600 anyway. Very not recommended as an early unlock.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

DarciisFyer posted:

Thankfully it's not the pure BED build, it's a weird BED+Sunday Punch mashup so hopefully only the Sunday Punch part gets nerfed.

:ssh: it's also based on a bug. You can add 50 seconds to the time safely by just fixing the bug. No nerfs required.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Ghostlight posted:

And Iceman no longer has a primary resource.

Ha. Right after I push him red, they help his spirit problems. Thanks gaz.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Jedit posted:

Doesn't seem likely. I'm guessing Blackguy Boltgun and Sam Jackson have been bubbling away for a few months along with Beast By Dre and they were waiting on the revamp to start launching them.

It's almost as if they knew what they were doing to hero power layouts in advance and didn't want to waste the time making old versions first.

I know it sounds like I'm being snarky at you, but this is actually directed at a couple Marble Hebrons who were being heretic unbelievers in alliance chat last night, who will not actually see this.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
There's also a whole bunch of VUs on TC.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

madcow posted:

Are you one the 'Jean's hair' people?

:ssh: that was all part of a quote.

Kelp Plankton posted:

so when does this game get devil dinosaur?

30th of the month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Lozareth posted:

I want my GR default costumes back from the grinder. :mad:

Just take your slotted costume off. Problem solved.