Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

LordSaturn posted:

That said, what is the "grinder" and how does it relate to getting new costumes? How in general do I get new costumes outside of the cash shop?

By purchasing a gourd of prestige from Clea, you restart at level one and get a copy of your default costume. When your crafter is high enough leveled, you can trade three for a random. This is going away eventually, so between the crafter grind and getting your synergy up enough that prestige leveling is not a terrible idea, the answer for you is probably, "you don't."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Overminty posted:

One of the loading screens says they drop but I've never seen it in ~450 hours of play.

I'm pretty sure I have, though the loading screens still say a lot of things that are no longer true, so it's hard to say. I know it used to be, but Asros is doubling down on the idea that costumes should come from the store "for clarity". Nevermind that this includes two different types of costumes that are not always available, a bunch that are hidden inside fortune cards, and four that never will be available again. If you see a costume you like, should totally just know that you need to hit the store to get it yourself.

madstrike posted:

He fires energy from his hands and not his head antennas.

#notmyblackbolt

:colbert:

This is what they get for making the default costume the only one in his history that doesn't have an antenna on the head. Even when he's wearing formal wear at his club, he wears the antenna. But this one? Nope, we're just going to draw the design of it into a patch on his forehead.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

It would also be cool if there was a thing to spend ARMOR drives on now, I've got like 10000 of them and they don't even have the Cosmic Worldstone sink of bonus Doops (though those are arguably unnecessary now too, since you can unbind Urus).

ARMOR has runes for enchanting your uniques, which means you need five per character, and if you ever get better items you can't transfer them like blessings or now urus. The sink is real.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Lozareth posted:

Ghost Rider's Hell on Wheels ability is the most amazing thing for bounty clears right now. I can finally farm terms again. It's hilarious how many SHIELD boxes you get from it. Had one today with epic loot that had a costume, tm token, punisher tu token, cosmic Essence of Dread, and other stuff I forget. Downside is you don't get a lot of credits or unstables this way.

I just got Angela, Arachne, a Psylocke Costume, another Cosmic ILAS (no affix but lol), a Perseus (you got a Casket too btw), a Surtur, and a fortune card (you did too). The epic drop is real, and it is amazing.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
How did you get achievements to actually appear on the tracker? I know there's a checkbox to enable that, but it's never done anything for me.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MMAgCh posted:

You need to enable "achievements" in the mission tracker filter, and you need to check the box of the achievement you want to track in the Achievements window. If that doesn't work for you it's probably broken.

I checked the achievements box in the tracker filter, as indicated, but I honestly haven't even seen a box to check in the Achievements window for the specific ones.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Looks like Captain Marvel and Cyke plumped out a bit. I mean wasn't Cyke's nickname Slim?

Hate to be a naysayer but all the female characters are getting pudgey in the waists and flatter, frumpier bums (Cap Marvel, Psylocke) while the dudes are slim and get like 18 abs (hello Gambit, Iron Fist, etc.).

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Jayme posted:

Since I'm not sure what Captain Marvel looks like right now because I don't really pay that much attention, I did a quick google search, and from what I'm seeing she's actually slimmed down a little? Her rear end is flatter because it's not completely covered in spandex - very few asses are naturally that perky without some sort of assistance. The updated body type is very natural looking - solidly packed thighs and abs, and a waist that doesn't look like it'll snap in half in a strong breeze. Ditto with Psylocke - her updated body type makes sense for a melee fighter.

This is not something you can reason with.

Erdricks posted:

any impressions on black bolt from tc? I got a 50% g coupon and am wondering if maybe it's worth spending $5 on him.

Half baked. Consensus is that releasing him tomorrow is a mistake.

The update banner is already live.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I'm seriously never going to understand why they decided BB's beam attacks should come from his hands instead of the antenna he wears explicitly to direct energy attacks. His ranged kit has bigger issues than stupid animations (weaker than melee despite needing significantly more resources to work at all) but it's just such a baffling starting point.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Overminty posted:

+all going down to 1-2

Which, given the other affixes and the change to summon damage, makes it a rarer Cargill. It sucks.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

malhavok posted:

I really don't understand the whole spirit = armor mechanic they added to iceman (previously on psylocke and emma), it does absolutely nothing. Even gearing for spirit, which would be absolutely dumb since it does nothing else, it's completely gone in one hit. It needs to multiply all spirit by 10 to even be noticeable and even then it would still be poo poo. A 900 dmg shield in cosmic anything is utterly pointless.

They didn't want to turn them into straight up Deadpool so they had to do something with primary resource. Particularly with Psylocke, who I don't even know if you can spend it any other way (lol if you take the talent to let Iceman spend his). It's fine and Iceman at least is a better character for the change, though not because of the armor itself.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

SERPUS posted:

Any strategy to cosmic prestiging now?

Don't.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
It was a shockingly good decision for gaz, considering both events are just extra crap in Midtown and extra terminals with nothing else affected.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MMAgCh posted:

Messing up Ultron's summons on non-movie costumes just when you need to play Ultron to get the new Mystic Mayhem achievement is a nice touch from Gaz, I have to say.

Especially since you need to accrue the kills with the summons. It's still easy in green midtown, and the real limit is the limbo demon spawn rate, but lol :gaz:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Jusupov posted:

You can just tag packs with a summon then stomp them

This is true but it's still very finicky. The exploding drones are the best for this of course since they can tag multiples for you. Having melee drones still would have helped.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
This is such a weird approach to the problem they created. They could have fixed most of the issues with Infinity by either removing round robin, or making sure there were actually attractive nodes in all six gems. Doing both (at the cost of some largely but not universally attractive nodes) is stupid. So of course they did.

Literally who cares if a gem has niche nodes if you aren't sinking 1/6 of your points into it though? Just spend them elsewhere?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Grinning Goblin posted:

I messed with my ini files to make it so that all of my buttons would hit the vacuum button so I could keep box up at all times, now I'm going to have to mess with them to spam medkits, problem solved again.

Welcome to never getting the Power Not Ready message off your screen, along with constant "I can't do that" unless you're playing Black Bolt.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Taskmaster is fine you guys

e:
taskmaster: +6 to all stats = 54% damage
everyone else: +6 to all stats = 48% damage

That +6 all comes at exactly 900 points spent, split evenly. If you did those 900 points by putting six points into each of the attributes, you'd wind up +12 all, which is 108%. You could take that same number of points on any other hero and get 152% damage by dumping into a single primary attribute, or 160% by putting at least six into your other primary attribute for its +1 all proc. You probably don't want to actually do this on anybody, but the fact that he gains 1% more per gem mastery doesn't even come close to making up for the rest of his scaling.

e:

And then of course at 925 (remembering of course that if you were omega capped you are already over this) Tasky jumps to 109.5% while anybody else can be at 164%.

I get that this is a joke and/or an oforums quote (pretty sure I saw somebody in the thread post this), but seriously nobody should take that breakdown at face value.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 28, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

lol, yeah maybe the 1661 infinity points guy is a taskmaster main

that might explain why they aren't as far as gaz expected

Remember that everyone who was Omega capped started at 1000 IP.

They're not as far as gaz expected because they nerfed the poo poo out of the strongest XP gain method, incentivizing people to just rush through prestiges for costumes while that's still possible rather than ever even finishing story. I'm at red on Black Bolt and literally haven't gotten past Hood since white since five stacks of XP stick at the current server level was enough to tap out there, and there's seriously no point in doing story missions at 60 post-nerf.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sounds like Buffy Barnes is a steady Eddie. Thanks for testing this!

The range of acceptable times so far is 1:15-3:10, and half of the builds are between 1:47 and 2:20. He's sure consistent, but consistently not good.

At least he's not Psimitar Cable though, lol.

I shared this with the ttk thread that generates the data: I added quartile based color coding to the ttk list, and have a separate sheet for just post animation update times. Things have definitely gotten better for everyone pretty quickly, but there's some definite ugly ducklings.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
So, somebody who has a couple decent TTKs finally decided to bite the bullet and give us a Captain America time. It was eight minutes. The next lowest is 3:14.

Chris Evans is Captain America.
Chris Evans is Anti-Trump.
Asros is Pro-Trump.

It all connects. :tinfoil:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Lozareth posted:

pwturty is a colossal idiot with zero decent ttk's.

Well, his Iron Fist was the best (until earlier today [it abused a glitch that the new king doesn't lol]).

Somebody just posted a 3:34 on Cap though, so you're certainly right. That's terrible, but not so bad that even middle tier characters could beat the dummy three times before his first.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

widespread posted:

But I assume there's other characters for grapplefuck.

You assume incorrectly. Nobody has any sort of grappling powers.

Ghostlight is lying to you when he suggests Daredevil is good right now though, and even when he was it was more about smashing with clubs than punching. Fortunately, Iron Fist is a good puncher (it's sort of in his name) and is easily the best around. Hulk can also rip a car in half and wear the bits as boxing gloves. Just saying.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Mover posted:

That sounds right. Add that the only "summoner" artifact worth keeping is Ultron's Encephalo-Balls and even that is usually outclassed

You might be overselling it. +4 to damage attribute (either single or two to everything, so it hits by shotgun), paltry spirit/health on hit (neither of which is a super great way to stay alive), and Crit Rating with no Crit Damage (outside of Mental's +4 Int or Cosmic's +2 Int). I don't think any summoner would even want to wear it. Ultron/Iceman are more likely to use ILAS than anybody using that.

Incidentally, while I was looking this up since I thought the non-cosmics could roll to +5 single type (guess that's just ILAS), I found out that they may have consolidated UEB attributes for cosmic, but it still drops in three types for the health on hit proc, which is just hilariously stupid. If they had any non-Summon damage rating attached it might be one thing, but they should have gone full Cosmic Crossbones on it for such a nothing stat.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Is waifurine ever gonna get a visual update?

Sure, but not in time for this event. You can buy that new one for its full price though~

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Kheldarn posted:

Having just presiteged both of them, I can say that X-23 is still the better choice.

Yeah, they're both fairly average, but Laura's bleed and movement builds are both a little stronger than Logan's, and her movement is just way more fun.

Logan, on the other hand, barely changes his build across his leveling experience. When I took him green to red a couple days back, I literally didn't change his power setup the whole time, and just waited while some of the icons were grayed out. At the current Server+Synergy bonus, that usually meant around Shocker, which isn't exactly a huge investment. The build I ended up preferring for X does not work this way (no basic, but good luck playing her before 56 like that).

So obviously, I chose to cosmic X-23, who won't play right until nearly the end.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

you mentioned the new dash charge restoring cosmic item affix working with her sig. Is that as powerful as it sounds or is it just no big deal for her?

seems like it would be way better than anything wolverine has

It really only matters during leveling to 56, which is when you get the talents Kheldarn is talking about. It's hilarious until then, but not super important at endgame.

Kheldarn posted:

That sounds like it would pair well with either the talent Blade Trance (which makes Disembowel and Rip To Shreds restore a charge of her sig while in the Killer Trance portion of it), or Footwork (makes Cyclone Kick and Open The Jugular restore a charge)...

It really doesn't matter in practice, since (movement build, I haven't bothered with bleed) Cyclone and OtJ are on 4s timers and Killer Trance starts at 10, plus power duration. Also, and this is sort of the only reason it works, the Wrath fill and timer for Killer Trance start when your charges reach 0. It doesn't matter a whit whether you were previously full. Getting extra charges to spam what is her strongest single hit is slightly nice, but in practice you're already able to keep generating charges forever, and keep the steroid on forever, so long as you remember to push at least one of the cooldowns at the end of combat (whiffing counts).

Hilariously, the cooldown timer is chugging along the whole time you're adding/using charges, so 40s after the first time you hit 0, you're at 5 regardless. This would be broken if her damage overall was better, but as she currently stands she's basically straddling the median line depending on whether you build bleed (faster) or movement (slower, but honestly way more fun).

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

PureRok posted:

I don't understand the limitation on dodge/teleport moves when they give you a travel power with it's own button now. Now I just fly over everything instead of repeatedly hitting W. :shrug:

Because you have to stand still to start that, so you can't use it in combat. You noticed that dashes are your CC break, and are invincible now, right? They do different things. This is The Point.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Do Squirrel Girl, Zaekkor. Not because she's the best of the bunch, but because I'm interested in the experience of someone who clearly didn't already hunt down high-end summoner gear in this world where that's not really a benefit anymore.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

PureRok posted:

I use it in combat all the time. Never had issue.

You dodge incoming attacks with a power that takes almost a second to start you moving? I mean, I start it inside mobs of trash when I don't intend to fight, sure, but it's a different use case.

Unrelated, as a PSA: if you are cosmicing Wolverine/X-23 during this event, and you have 200% SHIELD stacks running, you don't need to wait until 50 to start story. I did, and I'm at 57.75 just after getting the dump from Ben before starting chapter 4. The way story XP scales, there's no way I'm not 60 before chapter 8. You can save yourselves a lot of time. Not sure exactly how much yet, but my Wolverine is red and tomorrow is midtown boxes, so I'm sure I'll find out.

59.56 as I'm about to start chapter 5 now. Plan accordingly.

Hit 60 after the first mission of chapter 5 (rescue the mutants). It's definitely a good idea to start story sooner under these circumstances. This is the first time I've done chapter 4 since they edited it though because the change to story XP post 60 disincentivized doing story at that point. It's pretty neat.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 6, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Cease to Hope posted:

what is the objectively correct daredevil build at the moment

Switch to Iron Fist and pretend he's still wearing Matt's costume from the period when Matt was on trial and furiously trying to deny he was Daredevil. The radar ping's ICD is apparently an undocumented nerf rather than a bug, and since he wasn't exactly topping the charts back when you could ping on every combo max it's not great.

McSpanky posted:

Anybody got some good Wolverine/X-23 builds? I've been prestiging them during the event but even with all that playtime I'm having trouble pinning down a good flow for the stabby types.

Wolverine I've been rolling most similarly to this, but taking Crimson Leap instead of Unstoppable Beast. Almost all the builds I've seen for him are basically this with the main alternatives taking Let's Make This Quick and/or Swath of Destruction. I don't feel like he's quite tanky enough to run around with a self-vuln, and http://marvelheroes.info/build/1360/I definitely don't think his AoE is acceptable if you can't spam Bloody Sweep, so I lean toward this talent setup, but the others are objectively stronger if you can hack it. Got him up to Cosmic 47 today like this.

X-23 I took through cosmic like so. You need the basic until 56, when you can start doing the thing BabyFur Denny was talking about, which gives her infinite spirit on top of just letting her best move spam forever (assuming you remember to push the proper cooldown at the end of boss fights before your steroid ends; you don't want to be caught with Dancing Blades on cooldown). Her bleed build is almost certainly stronger, but it's less fun than zipping all over the place slicing everything up. I mean, it's basically just Wolverine at that point, which is fine but you may as well be different.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Cease to Hope posted:

aware but I'm currently going through and leveling all of the bad martial artist dudes I have and at this point it's either him or mook cage so help me out here

Uh... pick something at random from mh.info? Nobody's done a ttk for him since BUE, much less an update since the animation canceling patch. Everything up currently appears to be a combo build, which may still be the best, though it's got nothing on its post-52 pre-BUE incarnation for no readily apparent reason. I think everybody was hoping the Radar Ping change was a bug that would be fixed before they bothered.

Lozareth, you feeling like dancing with the devil in the wrong franchise?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
They have a version of the same event that got Marvel pissy during F4, which means Marvel is probably no longer pissy about these things.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MMAgCh posted:

Yeah, that's some quality Gazzing if it does turn out to be true. Not just utterly failing to communicate that change, but deciding it needed to be made in the first place. :gaz:

The only way it isn't true is if the QA dev who reported it was wrong, since they did actually reply about it at last. They are planning to just document the nerf in the trait next patch, rather than make him playable (it's currently impossible to ever get Tornado Kick's double damage on a single target with 2/3 specs).

Also, the game is crashing hard again, so I hope nobody was particularly interested in actually playing it.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

MMAgCh posted:

Meanwhile on TC, Iron Fist's Deliberate Tempo talent has been nerfed into the ground as expected. Apparently "Squirrel Girl metric data showed several mechanics were causing certain builds to be incredibly overtuned", so she ate a bunch of nerfs as well. :iiam: And the Daredevil nerf that isn't actually a nerf because the trait always was totally intended to work the way it does now is there as well. :gaz:

It's still a nerf, even if it was intentional from the start. It's just not a bug. Or well thought out. I really don't understand the SG changes though, since her best isn't even in the top 25% atm.

Iron Fist's change seems overdone too, since without significant cooldown reset abuse (meaning, you must take a specific talent later in the chain), +100% Damage +100% cooldown = exactly the same DPS. With Chi Surge and Like Unto Iron getting the reset proc it's at least performing above taking no talent, but I'm not sure if it's enough to be worth it? 500 was definitely too high, but 150 or 200 would probably be safe. I guess we'll find out. It's better than Cyclops, who at the moment has no benefit to taking any talents on two different rows.

For giggles, this is the distribution of ttks as of yesterday:

That's Iron Fist way down at the bottom. The Q1 line is at 144, and Squirrel Girl is 146. Not sure why they seem dead set on tightening Q1-Q3 closer together than either the top or especially the bottom 25%, but here we are.

In other news:

- Fixed an issue where Feral Roar would grant 100% Fury with the Brutality talent.

Sure am glad I finished my cosmic already.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

This has always been their balance philosophy, despite this being a non-competitive, effectively-single-player game.

Which means the only way Taskmaster's going to stop bringing up the year of that TTK sheet is if everyone else falls down to it.

Oh, I guess I should mention Taskmaster is not either of the outliers anymore. Psimitar Cable's the one that falls just outside of the high whisker, and the one that's as far below tolerable as Iron Fist is above is Cap. Lozareth has Taskmaster pretty safely on the whisker, even if you add 20s for whenever they figure out Symbiote Infestation is broken as gently caress (it's not in the prelim patch notes lol).

It's not even the impulse to beat down that baffles me here though, as adding new items over time means power creep is inevitable anyway. It's the fact that the middle half of the cast falls within 35.5 seconds of each other, the top quarter (minus Iron Fist's outlier) is on a 33.5s span, and the bottom quarter (minus the aforementioned outliers) is on a 50s span. Buffing everyone to reach bullshit broken tier is stupid, but they've accidentally got about half the cast within a decent margin of error from each other, but the red headed stepchildren vary from pretty close to the clump to just wildly trash.

I guess this is technically pretty close to a bell curve in practice, but that's not actually a thing you want to aim for in balance design. A slightly wider box and much smaller whiskers is certainly preferable.

e:

Deliberate Tempo was +100% cooldown, +500% damage. Now it's +100% cooldown, +100% damage. "But that means it's entirely DPS neutral!" you'd say. And you'd be right.

Technically it isn't, due to opportunity costs and, more importantly, there still being two methods of resetting those cooldowns. It's probably more nerf than was necessary to make him not insane, but in the current insane setup it's still actually a buff.

You want a talent that does nothing? Look at Cyclops with Iceman vs Magneto. Mags is a pure visual skin. Or, actually, according to ShadowReflux it's worse than that; his animation is slower despite providing the same utility. So that's fun.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 10, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Irony.or.Death posted:

They're just looking out for me, they know I almost logged in for a few seconds last weekend. Thanks Mr. Gaz.

The guy who has the current 1:49 on her just posted that she's now down to 2:19, so she's still inside the Q1-Q3 range, and by about as much, but on the other side. That's still perfectly playable, but baffling.

Tell me more about this...

The symbiotes it spawns do like 300k per hit. It's BiS on roughly everybody, doubly so if you use Dur. The worse your character is, the better the item is, since it gives the summons longer to dish out their broken tier damage.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

malhavok posted:

The arti or the unique? cause the arti is rare as gently caress.

Artifact, of course. The unique is hot garbage.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

I will say this, as far as I know there isn't any character that fails the effectiveness threshold of "beating the Cosmic Trial if you at least have level 60 items" anymore.

Also Punisher's fun now, holy poo poo! How!

That's because the Cosmic Trial is locked to red and not even vaguely indicative of the content it locks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I'm still never going to get why they nerfed story @ 60 just from a content perspective. Sure it may have meant that people were getting infinity points too quickly (their own empirical data suggests they overshot, but pretend this was warranted), but at least it meant people were playing story. In fact, it meant smart players were completing all ten chapters before prestiging, just to get those sweet sweet XP bonuses. Granted, at the time of the nerf, it was easy to zone straight to the things that yielded the most XP, but they fixed that.

Now? I took Wolverine green->yellow and X-23 white->yellow this event and the only time I even saw Grim Reaper, much less the end of chapter 3, was yellow. I also stopped story the very second I hit 60 both times, which was further than usual but still skipping half of their "fresh" content. With rewards this low, it's not worth doing anything but making grinder fodder as fast as possible, or else just playing actual endgame modes. After they just revamped all of story (and have never made a secret about hating prestige costumes->grinder), you'd think neither of these would be what they actually want the player base doing.