Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jed York should be tried for treason and I will vote for a candidate who says so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a patagonian cavy posted:

kill all owners, make teams player-owned

But what will become of the Packers :ohdear:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a patagonian cavy posted:

the petty bourgeoisie will be given an opportunity to peacefully relinquish their shares

except scott walker who will be fired out of a union made cannon into the sun

This is acceptable IMO.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've decided that I can accept another Steelers Super Bowl win because gently caress the Patriots. The Steelers are evil but they're blue collar evil and the Pats are white collar evil and that's a way worse evil.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You're the most crybaby worthless little shitbitch of all time, Doltos. You couldn't win a burn contest against a creature made entirely of water and fire extinguishers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Fallout New Vegas
Overwatch
Metal Gear Solid V
Mass Effect
Stardew Valley
Civilization 5
Skyrim
Dead or Alive 5
Fallout 3
Fallout 4

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a Doltos

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
RIP Sacramento TFF goons if there are any.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Flikken posted:

I've lived in much worse places than Ohio. Pennsylvania, Mississippi and Missouri for example.

I lived in Oklahoma.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The best description I ever read about Oklahoma's reason for existing is that it's a buffer zone to keep Texans out of the croplands.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

evilweasel posted:

Oklahoma exists because the government needed to carefully map out the absolute worst space in all of America so they could let the native americans live there.

The actual land in Oklahoma is pretty nice.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hate you, Jed York. My valentine is anyone who shares that opinion.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chichevache posted:

*gives you a great big hug, but bent forward at the waist, so my nether regions are at least a foot away from yours*

I appreciate you keeping your genitals away from me, Chiche.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kalli posted:

Because when you're going down to the local gun show or tractor pull, you gotta dress all classy like

I saw this written above a piss trough in a British pub in Manchester.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm going to a thing in Jacksonville next month. Is there poo poo to do in Jacksonville?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

swickles posted:

Depends on where you are at. Also, how much to do you like meth?

My answers are right downtown and not at all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm not really a fan of tattoos in general but I'd never trust a tattoo artist with clean skin.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

You can die because it's loving cold?

Hero of time my rear end

Oh, Ross :ironicat:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Shangri-Law School posted:

I went to the Museum of Bad Art. Some of the funniest poo poo I've ever seen.

Sunday on the Pot With George.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

swickles posted:

For real though, I have seen loads of heartbreak in the hospital. A father literally took a bullet for his son during a home invasion, got shot in the jaw and it hosed up his face real bad. At least both survived. Have also seen mothers die during childbirth, or the baby not make it, those are particularly hard. Normally, if you make it to a trauma center with vital signs, your chances of survival are really really good. If you arrive with a pulse and are completely conscience, the odds of survival are even better. Still, its always the ones that say "I'm dying" that end up dead, its weird, like they know for sure and this is their last utterance. Once had a guy come in after a motorcycle accident completely awake and aware. Start screaming that he was dying, he clearly needed surgery so we sent him to the OR. Controlled the abdominal injuries, but had major bleeding in the pelvis. The pelvis is a really hard area to access surgically, so usually we pack them full of pads to help clotting, then send them to the angio suite in radiology, where they embolize to control the bleeding. Anyways, this guy was fully conscience, put him under for surgery, which he survived but ultimately crashed and died in angio. That was a tough one. But one of the hardest cases ever was a trauma one I worked a while back, I was still a student at the time, but a senior so they let/trusted me to do more than usual. Anyway, we normally don't get a lot of backstory with the patients when they come in, usually its figured out later from either the patient, the family, or even the press. We get a patient thats been shot and we go to work. The presence of police sometimes helps inform us of the nature of how the injury was sustained too. This story was remarkable because the fighting involved managed to spill over into the resus bay (where we do the initial evaluation and make the decision to send straight to the OR, or off for testing to see if surgery is necessary). Anyways, a young kid comes in, looked to be 17 or 18 (later found out 19, still, he looked super young) after an assault. He was worked over real good, this was no fight, it was a beating. Like 12 seconds after he is rolled through the doors, they burst open with some guy and police in tow. Apparently this guy was the one who put him in that state, but the police didn't know it and were only pursuit because he was bursting into what should be a secure area (since we get a lot of shooting/stabbing victims, plus we handle the prison population, we have a full time police and sheriff presence aside from hospital security). Anyways, it turns out this guy was the father of the beaten dudes girlfriend, who was only 14 or 15. He was screaming at him for being a pedophile and deserved death and all kinds of things you expect to hear from a father whose daughter has been raped. The police manage to subdue the guy and take him elsewhere, not sure if he was ever charged or arrested. Keep in mind that in a trauma situation, you don't have time to learn all the facts and info, you just have what you have and need to make decisions based on that. At this time we had a kid looked to be about the same age as the girl he was dating, so there wasn't any judgement to be made. Anyways, we work on the kid and he is fully awake the entire time, we don't think there is internal bleeding, just the external cuts made from not a knife, but some rough, blunt metal, maybe like a crowbar edge or something. Eventually we realize the problem (a clotting factor deficiency combined with what was likely a pulmonary hemorrhage. He goes from ok to poo poo in seconds, he is struggling to breath and clearly about to die. He is trying to say something, maybe anything, just so he has some last words. I took off his oxygen mask and leaned in, asking him what he was trying to say. Through bloody breath, he spoke those words I will remember forever, the last words of some poor teenager beaten to death by his girlfriends father: "Actually it's called ephebophilia and..." And with that, he was gone.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's weird but Shula's at the Jacksonville airport had one of the best breakfasts I've ever eaten at an airport.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I am going to die miserable and alone and I've accepted that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I woke up at like 2:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I went out to grab some donuts at around 5 and stopped at Vons on the way home so now all my chores are basically done for the day

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Please don't use Uber.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Cooked some andouille jambalaya for dinner tonight. Nice.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spoeank posted:

Pre-emptive happy 4th

Florida.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Did someone say Metal Gear?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

So salty he could be a Pats fan.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/940811089926868993

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Nick Saban got like 20000 write-in votes in the election.

The hell of it is he's a way better choice than Roy Moore.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't know what the thread title actually means but I'd pay for opening day tickets for a movie starring Jim Varney as an Uber driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Intruder posted:

I have

*cough*

never

*choke*

seen

*gag*

Godfather 2

Rectify this ASAP.

Even though it's not as good overall as the original.

• Locked thread