Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I tried to log into discord during a GDT thread last weekend, but I also use discord for playing Overwatch and so I it wouldn't let me use my forums user name and was forcing me to use my battle.net username, so I just gave up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

cheesetriangles posted:

Fishing with the fam just changed your nickname on the SAS server.

You can change your name based on the discord channel you are in? If so, I have to give that a try Sunday.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Calling someone olive oil is a terrible insult because olive oil is delicious.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Probably something lovely like Chipotle because my office is in a chain restaurant only hell hole.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
One of these days I'm really gonna have to find out what happened to the first two reichs.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I spent $600 on a snowblower two years ago and I have used the drat thing only 3 times. gently caress you global warming!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

SHOAH NUFF posted:

From 1918 to the nazis there was no "Reich" just a hated government made up of cowards and Bolsheviks according to the nazis

I guess they didn't have the reich stuff.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The Bears are led by the frail, old matriarch of the family, whose son is woefully unprepared for anything resembling competent leadership. Hmmmm.....

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
He's giving Snyder and Trump the red card!

Sport joke

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 20, 2017

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Bad Moon posted:

:confused: Did my school do something dumb?

Admitted you.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Anchorman is the only funny thing Will Ferrell has done and Old School is tremendously overrated.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What's better: Civ 5 or Civ 6

Now? Civ 5.

Civ 6 on release is way better than Civ 5 on release. So I would expect Civ 6 to surpass Civ 5 after the first expansion is released.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
When I was 5 my dad let me watch Alien. I spend a month sleeping on my sister's floor because I was too scared to sleep in my room by myself.

Don't traumatize your children!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Fury Road owns and is the best action movie of at least the last decade.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Just got whiplash from the topic change from Valentine's day sweethearts to whatever this is.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Ruby Rhod (Chris Tucker) in The Fifth Element (1997)

Fuckin lol at that one.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I have never even heard of Ryan Adams.
*strolls over to Wikipedia*
Alternative country music is a thing?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
You would think the Earl of Justin Towne would have better things to do.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

SHOAH NUFF posted:

In a few months you can catch me in the Japanese countryside eating a bento box on a shinkansen

Hey, me too! Cherry blossom season better be worth the inflated hotel prices.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I could never get a tattoo. Either my opinion of the tattoo's subject matter would soon change, or it would become associated with something bad shortly thereafter. Like that anecdote about the guy who wanted a tattoo of the name of his favorite band, so he had ISIS tattooed on his arm. Just too much permanence there.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Wild rice risotto sounds absolutely atrocious.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
^^^ I had to watch that again half an hour ago after catching up to this thread.

Spoeank posted:

lol, just lol if you don't take those sporcle tests daily where you put the countries with their outlines and self-flagellate for each country you don't get the first time

The day I remember how to spell Kyrgyzstan without having to look it up is the day I know I've made it.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Cake sucks. Cake frosting is overly sweet garbage.

Edit: Connecting it back to weddings, my wife an I kept our wedding cake for the first year, as is customary. We pulled it out of the freezer around our one year anniversary, took one look at it, and dumped it in the garbage. What a weird rear end tradition.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
He doesn't even sing! He just talks!

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Yeah, but how many of them own a refrigerator?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Kalli posted:

One of the best things to help fix the world would be a detection algorithm for text imposed onto an image and to eliminate them.

What I find immensely annoying is some people have started doing this just to post poo poo they would normally post as simple text. As in, its just a status post, but pointlessly superimposed over a stock image.

Like what the hell is even the point of this? Just post it on your wall as text like a normal rear end person.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Nobody has ever seen anything like this clip before.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Butter Hole posted:

Why is the forums background red

what is happening

I do not see the thing you see. Screenshot it.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
My parents split once they realized their marriage was doomed, but before their relationship was unsalvagable. As such they are still friends nearly 20 years later. It made a huge positive difference for me and my sisters.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Yeah. From some many other stories I have heard, it certainly seems like my parents amicable relationship is largely in the minority. While I wouldn't have understood it at the time, I am extremely thankful for the way they handled it in retrospect.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It was a non-starter a long, long time before that.

Yeah, but that was the breaking point for a lot of non-cynical people to realize "holy poo poo, there is literally nothing that will spur change." Myself included.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

This time I was sure it wasn't real. It couldn't be. There was no way.

Yet its real. loving how?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
hosed up a bunch of bitch rear end slave owners.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Witcher 3 was my breaking point for open world games. I enjoyed the hell out of it. Then I hit the 100 hour mark and just stopped playing it despite not finishing it. After putting a couple hours in Breath of the Wild I just can't bring myself to pick it up. Now the idea of playing a game like Horizon Dawn does nothing for me. Maybe time will change it, but right now I am just done with open world games.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 5, 2017

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I guess I'm slow too, as I didn't hit Skellige until roughly the 70 hour mark.

Edit: \/\/\/ Same. No question mark can go unexplored.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Isn't NBA2K the game where you have to do a bunch of off the court poo poo as well? Like going to practice and playing dress up with your bball player?

So if injuries are turned on, do you have to do rehab as well. Or does immersion finally become tedium at some point.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
With digital media, the only reason to pre-order is what ever bonus outfit they offer as part of the promotion.

In other words, worthless.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
PUBG is so drat fun, though my first chicken dinner still eludes me. May the game never leave early access.

Edit: noooooooo

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 5, 2017

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Leperflesh posted:

But then I found out you have to pay a minimum of $60/yr to CBS to watch the rest. $100 a year to watch the rest without commercials.

Well that's certainly a good way to completely kill any chance of a show being successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Hey now, not all frats are bad!
Why yes, I have had a tennis racket handle shove up my butt. Why is that relevant?

• Locked thread