Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hey guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I got a new job that pays better and will look great on grad school apps but is v boring

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud when you coming to Asheville man we can go to Sierra Nevada and I can, uh, smoke some meat for you

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

yeah i'll bet you'd like to smoke some meat with me ;)

what is sierra nevada

Willy wonka but for beer

http://www.sierranevada.com/brewery/north-carolina/brewery-tour

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Glorious srebijca, fourth Rome!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Punching fascists is cool but that was a weak rear end "punch"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Sure. Shock posts are the only thing that get any kind of traction when all posting is anonymous, and Nazis were typically thrown out of anywhere they posted since when they start posting, everyone else loving leaves. So /pol/ ends up a toilet where every other post is jew death, lol, and with the rise of reddit's hands off mod policy towards subreddits, groups end up splintering off for more 'serious' posting and whoops, now coontown is one of the larger reddit communities.

So sort of like how early internet chatrooms led to the furry community exploding instead of being a tiny hosed up subset of the sci-fi community, 4chan and reddit let a bunch of nazis get together outside of their own little ghetto hellholes like stormfront and organize and drive discussion to their forums instead of getting thrown the gently caress out. When your audience is pathetic, disillusioned nerd losers, turns out anime message boards are a good recruiting ground.

There's also a thing of if you're just making racist jokes, eventually you're going to have to take it to the next step, and before you know it what once was a shock joke is just accepted. Then all of a sudden you're all in on a racist piss drinking reality show host for president.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

so yeah... math

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Scionix posted:

someones probably gonna fuckin MURDER me for this but is there anything similar to hardcore history for like the ancient roman-ish time period. Doesn't have to be early hundred's BC exactly or anything but I don't know if there's a term for that time period. ancient history is just really cool, man. im sorry i like dan carlin dont hurt me please

History of Rome by mike duncan is basically the reason history podcasts exist.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mike Duncan's Rome podcast was so successful he got a book deal out of it.

Now he's doing revolutions with has covered the English revolution, American civil war, French Revolution (phenomemenal), Haitian revolution, and currently we're following bolivar around in South America.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ahahahaha

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Poco posted:

i took mine on the 7th and hey we both got a 151 in math. you did much better than I did on the rest though, lol

one of my essay prompts was about someone banking on making a bunch of money selling high gfx video games

i just went on a long rant about how poo poo the last sim city game was.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cannae sounds loving horrifying

blinded by dust, everyone facing a different direction, people killing each other just for a chance to escape....

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I want to see the roman ambassador demanding something, then drawing a circle around the other delegate and saying "make your decision before you leave this circle."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I really enjoy what I'm studying but one of the worst parts about going back to school is you can't read anything else.

but ask me about type 2 diabetes :shepicide:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

List of funniest movies in history in order:

Semi-Pro
Anchorman
The Other Guys
Anchorman 2
Talladega Nights
Step Brothers

In that entire list there isn't a scene as funny as the least funny scene from In Bruges

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

One gay beer for my gay friend

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Who wins in a fight: dredd or John wick

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cash Monet posted:

I can't get over Ryan Gosling's nasally voice. His face and perfect body scream "your woman will only be truly happy with me" but his voice gives off "stuff me in a locker."

Lol gosling's body looks like poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I doubt I'll need food, I just plan on being full of booze and stimulants

Crescent ave blows.

If you just wanna get loaded go to like vortex on peachtree. Closest thing in that part of town to a pure bar.

But east atlanta village is an easy uber away and you won't be drinking with engineering majors.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

things I'm really into lately:

- Korean BBQ spare ribs
- Peanut Butter filled M&Ms
- working on my cardio
- Playing Civilization as a sea-faring power

Lol not going Pangea so you don't have to worry about it.

Then rush Stonehenge, start making GBS threads out faith, go straight to theocracy, then build an unstoppable army.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Like a minute, I hated checking reports. The mod threads were a nice place to relax, but reading reports just involved me sighing every single time.

Except for that one that got goldmined because the dude who played a billion hours of Wow got called out in pet island for neglecting then getting rid of his dogs. That one was hilarious.

What about the guy who got banned from his guild because he was raiding in the waiting room while his wife was giving birth?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Alright cool, I'm down with ubering around but sometimes it's nice to just be able to walk back to your place.

Yeah that's not a great part of town for what you want.

But if you want tapas and organic tequila shooters well you're in luck.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

So is Civ 6 worth it? I just bought 5 on a crazy rear end steam sale.

Yeah it's p good.

Needs a good patch to fix the blatantly obvious problems that they're clearly waiting on the community to fix for them for free, but it's worth it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

That's also weird to me because the bud we're going down to see if the most former Bama frat dude possible so I can't believe he lives right in the middle of hip town USA

Oh then yeah you're probably heading for Sandals or cypress street pint and plate.

Goondolences.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also dogg don't let this jabroni take you to cheetah

Go to either pink pony for the best strippers in town, clairmot lounge to say you saw Goldie, or like strokers or something.

Do not go to cheetah

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Seconded. Clairmont is just.... An experience, man. Pretty low key too and a lot of famous people show up there

I love poo poo hole bars but man I couldn't do clairmont again.

Dogg would probably like Estoria. That entire place is covered in blow.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

I actually liked Vic V more before the expansion, but I don't want to spend that much for VI yet so I'm using the expansion excuse.

Awwww lil baby can't handle trade routes.

Also Trajan is broken as hell in civ 6

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I think Cheetah is like right next to his condo or maybe in the same building, I think that's why it's appealing to him.

it loving blows

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

I don't know about the others but Paradox games are loving ridiculously complex, you can playtest the poo poo out of those things as much as is financially feasible and still miss 90% of the bugs that are gonna pop up when millions of people start playing it

autospy turvey in LF many years ago did a Let's Play with Victoria and it was the funniest thread I've ever read.

He managed to get Serbia into the American Civl War and was good enough at the game to convince russia to give him moscow or something.

SERBIA FOURTH ROME

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

paradox went out of their way to say you couldn't ethnically cleanse in their games

now convert all the citizens of a majority black province to soldiers and march them to their death? whelp, jesus take the wheel

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Yo Fiz maybe weird question but is your name Josh and do you know an Amanda and a Perla in Atlanta?

it is not.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Or anything to do with Ramedial.

quote:

Remedial posted a lengthy [E/N] thread outlining the culmination of a longstanding antagonism between himself and his parents, wherein he claimed to reject his parents' "rich snob" values, and found himself cut off from financial support. With a wedding on the horizon, and law school tuition to pay, Dear Leader was a sad sight indeed. But he was among friends, as always, and goons reached deep to raise over $5,000 US to help keep him on his feet while he adjusted. The directorate gave their blessing on his project to open a store with Goonfleet branded merchandise, the proceeds of which would keep him afloat.

quote:

FNLN posted a series of horrifying nudes of Remedial and his wife that had been obtained at some point and in some manner that we are all better off not thinking about. [3] Remedial then purportedly threatened to sue Solo Drakban for stealing the goonfleet.com domain and somehow being responsible for not preventing the posting of the pictures and perhaps some other wild antics of goons. He demanded that the domain be returned to him, a bunch of server logs, ungoonie moderation and perhaps some sort of apology for not kissing his rear end enough or something.
:stare:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What's everyone's favorite Civ special unit. I like the Indonesian warship or the Mongolian horseman

civ 4 cataphracts ftw

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

To be fair, SAS/TFF has had it's pandhandlers too.

DKcecil just committed theft.

Bro aziz in lf convinced everyone he lived in a gay Muslim anarchistic commune and needed money for pants.

He made thousands.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Didn't DKcecil just drop it all on booze

He was on junk iirc

Forums user Matt damon spent six thousand dollars rereging after getting banned in byob

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just read the ban list sometime. It's hilarious.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I started the thread that was the final nail in LFs coffin. It was about the f35 which quickly turned into another groverhaus thread.

He responded by spending god knows how much buying me custom titles.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Was that "let's kill the president thread" scrubbed from the forums? I remember reading it when the permas were about to hit.

That was Argentinian Necco who also was in to beastiality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Near Raleigh, and vinegar sauce + spicy sauce + Texas Pete by the time I was done with all the meat.

You're doing good son.

• Locked thread