Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chromatic posted:

gently caress alex smith
This should be at the top of every page. I greatly dislike Alex Smith as a QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

They will probably end up salary reducing once Carr and Mack are eating up an annual average of 45-50 mil from the cap.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Former Patriot players are cool and good though
I can confirm that as completely false.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Not a Broncos fan, but I can answer that for you.

Nah

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I am pretty happy with the Chiefs picks mostly, but not very happy they slimmed down to just 6 choices.

They needed a couple of the picks they lost to replace some of the bad Offensive Line and Tight End depth.

AFC West is going to be cool and good for QB play if the Chargers can find a good Rivers replacement.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Chargers had the best draft of the division.

I didn't think they would take Williams, but it was a great pick. Keenan Allen is certainly going to die on the field by the bye week and they just can't depend on him anymore. He needed another target badly and more protection and they did just that.

The Broncos and Chiefs did fine and I really don't know what to think about the Raiders draft. I don't hate it, but I'm just not sure.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Well aside from Reuben to the Raiders in the first.
I thought that there was no way in hell the Raiders were going to pass on Foster. I am glad that they did.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

warcrimes posted:

To me there wasn't a better natural blend of BPA and need than Malik Hooker to the Chargers. Glad y'all didn't pull the trigger on that one.
I think the thing about the Chargers is they need to come out of the gate now and win a good amount of games if they ever have a realistic shot at gaining traction in LA.

The best way to do that is off Rivers arm and if he has actual help than he's a son of a bitch and he'll have that team competitive. You can make a case that Hooker would of been the better selection, but Williams and the Guards are what he needed and they need him to be at his best.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paperback Writer posted:

my lawyer friend thinks Conley is screwed now :ohdear:
Precisely why I was rather unsure about the Raiders draft. Conley had good potential and I sort of don't blame them for taking the chance, but Round One was far too early to do it.

If this guy ends up being a convicted rapist, you've got to get rid of the people that brought forward the suggestion.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think the story was that nothing happened according to witnesses, which it looks bad now that they are admitting something did happen.

Think they also said the victim refused a rape kit, but the report seems to indicate that they did it. This case is probably going to trial.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This would of been a really big deal 3 years ago.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

The Chiefs window has closed tbh
It was open? Good thing it's closed. Hate letting out that precious A/C.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Late era Al Davis was amazing and should be remembered forever.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I thought Paxton Lynch had promise running bootlegs in a Kubiak wizard Offense. I just don't see any promise with Mike McCoy.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Really nice of John Elway to do KC a solid and trade up and make sure we didn't get Paxton Lynch.

GM of the decade.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Tonight made it really clear that the AFC West is coming down to KC and Oakland again.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

My favorite Chief is Donnie Edwards. Followed by Eddie Kennison
Eddie Kennison will forever own for loving over Denver.

Blitz7x posted:

That may work on a system qb and system receivers, but not on a real team
True. It has worked on the Raiders, a lot.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 16, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Home to one of the final 2 undefeated teams left :getin:

KC can't maintain it with all these penalties though, so this will probably be short lived.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

It has been cool and good. 3-0 currently and got a badass QB waiting to take over.

A real good time. (Please don't bust Pat)

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Okay the Chiefs are 5-0, it's time to follow tradition and crash back down to reality
They might soon. They've been losing a starter every game and eventually it's going to cost them.

kiimo posted:

DeShaun Watson can chuck it.
His deep passes had Matt Cassel velocity on them. If the Chiefs DBs weren't complrtely allergic to making a play on the ball, Watson would of had multiple INT's.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 9, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If it works than hey, it works. I think I was more impressed with the receivers making plans than Watson's passing, although his ability to elude sacks is impressive.

Sutton really got carried away with him going back and forth with a prevent plan. The Texans really highlighted just how much the Chiefs suck at ILB and I expect the Steelers to take advantage of it again.

Ramik Wilson is just ok, but I thought it was stupid that he was a healthy scratch last night.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Ramik has been passed by both Ragland and KPL it seems
I just don't see it with KPL. He's athletic and that's really about it. Man this team really sucks at ILB.

Texans got good clips of rushing yards inside by taking advantage of the fact that DJ is super slow and can't fill a gap quick enough.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I'm glad we got the better quarterback
Too bad they fired the best Head Coach they will have for a long time. Maybe Rivers would have a ring by now otherwise.

Oh well, back to 1-15 seasons soon.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Thursday is going to be such a bad game
The Chiefs are probably gonna take the loss out on Oakland, but they are still a one and done playoff squad.

The front 7 of this Defense is so lovely.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Philip Gaines is a dumb turd.
It's amazing how an acl tear also tore his ability to play the ball at all.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Go away forever bend but don't break Defense.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Telling myself it's just Thursday Night football.

Well trying to tell myself that at least.
We all know the Chiefs Defense has sucked all year. They somehow have no idea how to cover now, too.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

MrLogan posted:

Wait, what? They were good for the two games before they started losing a starter every game.
What? Not really. The only Defensive starter they've lost is Berry.

The Defense more or less started off where they had left off from last season. It wasn't noticable because Alex is playing out of his mind and they went 5-0.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

Yeah that's two pro bowl linebackers that are a shadow of themselves, a pro bowl safety out. I think Sorenson is playing Berry's position not Murray.

We need another corner and some hard hitting safeties.
Murray and Sorensen have been splitting his duties. Murray when single high safety at times, Dirty Dan in the box.

Murray is still young and needs to figure things out while Sorensen is a jag and god drat what an awful contract Dorsey gave him because?

Mitchell has came back down to earth, but the number one problem is no pass rush at all and a coach that refuses to break from his routine to help generate some.

They are paying Justin Houston 20 million to just stand in the middle of the field and he did that twice on that final drive.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah. The end of this year would be a good time for it since they will need to do some rebuilding on the Defense.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Croatoan posted:

I'm starting to think the Broncos are no longer the premier team in the NFL.
You're just now starting to think that? I think I did that once they announced Trevor Siemian is the starting QB.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hello yes, I would like my haircut to make me look like a potato and for it to be cut uneven. I am not leaving a tip on this 9 dollar cut.

-An NFL owner

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The problem with the Broncos is Siemien and Lynch were scouted and tailored for a Kubiak Offense that made everything simple enough that a 7th round pick from Northwestern could run it.

Now that the training wheels are off he's hinting what he's going to run, holding on for too long because he struggles to scan the field which eventually leads to hilarious INT's because he can't handle taking a pounding.

Kubs said gently caress you I'm done and all the magic went with him. Their best option now would be to prepare a gigantic cardboard check, and possibly draft picks, to land Kirk Cousins.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 31, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

Defense flat out quit. Vance has lost his players and it's very clear he isn't cut out for the job.
To borrow from parm, it's a just result for harboring sexual assaulter's.

But in actual seriousness, my hot take is that John Elway is actually not a good General Manager and the earlier the Broncos realize this and fire him the better off they are.

kiimo posted:

Even though when I said it Zeke was suspended it was foolish of me to say the Chiefs would roll Dallas.

The Chiefs aren't rolling anybody with this defense. The sad thing is there doesn't seem to be a solution available.

How do you fix being pussies?
I think at least some of this Defense has given up on Bob Sutton and his bullshit. Well, at least Marcus Peters has with his minimal effort tackling.

They need a DL that can actually generate pressure and a Coordinator that doesn't play soft coverage with 3 down linemen over and over and over.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 7, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My worry with replacing Elway, who isn't perfect but isn't bad, is who replaces him?
The Washington team fired a GM because he was too good. That's where I would go.

Grittybeard posted:

They didn't really do that this much this last game, or at least not as egregiously. They just got beat.

Which is either better or worse depending on your perspective.
Nah, Sutton was doing it at critical moments.

When the Cowboys got a 2 possession lead before the half, he went soft coverage on 3rd down which they easily converted and followed it up with that huge play that was once again soft coverage with 3.

That's if he wasn't sitting in Cover 2, which the Cowboys ate up. Man, Bob Sutton really sucks.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I'd say most nfl exec's abuse something and being a drunk doesn't seem to have any impact on building a team.

I don't think I'd give the slightest gently caress if Veach was shooting up between his toes as long as he nailed the draft and FA.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

There are more quality choices out there beyond McClellan though. Gettleman was doing a hell of a job in Carolina and got fired because he was running the team properly and didn't want to extend a bunch of old players.

John Dorsey will be a hell of an executive as long as he's paired with a competent salary cap guru. Elway has been just average overall and totally abysmal at drafting QB's, which is amusing.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Alex Smith is trash and I can't wait till they send him to Cleveland to rot.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ah yeah, it's the coordinator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

You guys could really use an Alex Smith...

• Locked thread