Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
I'm playing my 4th game and I've yet to complete any of the precursor quest chains. They're always bugged or broken.

In my most recent game, I had the First League quest line and followed it all the way back to their homeworld. After surveying it, nothing happens. I googled this and apparently it's because another Empire has surveyed the area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
I think the real hard hitting question we should be asking is when is the Blorg Summer Bikini Calendar coming out?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
I've just done Enigmatic Fortress and I have a question about the rewards;

I've only gotten the Decoder, but the tool tip text said I would get all the other technologies as well? What gives? Has it bugged out, or will they pop later?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Main Paineframe posted:

It was changed in the last patch. Now you only get one of the Enigmatic Fortress technologies, semi-randomly chosen, not all of them.

Well poo poo. Can I cheat to get the shields?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Shugojin posted:

You can savescum if you want, and it should be possible to add the tech to your stuff with the console too.

If you're psionic you can get an identical shield tech out of the Shroud though!

I'm on an ironman playthrough, but I've got a trainer that enables the console. Do you know what the command would be?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
I just opted into the new beta, but my saves weren't there anymore.

I reverted back and my saves are still not showing up.

I've got back ups of them, but I'm not sure why they're not showing up!

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Shugojin posted:

Actually, checking on this I can't find a console command that gives a tech. Maybe it does exist but I don't see it on the wiki. Sorry :smith:

Thanks for looking. I save-scummed my way back and got the deflectors.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Aleth posted:

So it turns out some people who pre-ordered Synthetic Dawn are receiving two keys despite only being charged for one. They disabled one of the ones I was sent and told me to use the other as they were both valid, redeemable keys from the looks of it.

Chiming in on this, I put in a ticket to their support desk and they disabled one of the keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Split Pea Superman posted:

You have to go into the situation log and hit the track button. The systems they're in will then get the yellow hexagon thing marking them. There's a good chance they're in someone else's territory, or are about to be.

This. I've never once been able to complete a precursor quest chain because the AI always steals one or more of the systems.

• Locked thread