Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's in the bottom right, the two hands shaking. and then you can click other empires to see what their relative alliances and treaties are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it took a while before i read somewhere that you need powered exoskeletons, which i usually skipped, to get robots

this is probably up to date

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

those flappy faced idiots they're modded from get purged 100% of the time. not cute

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i think the question is, why is the sky so low on stone age planets

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if there was a star trek-esque paradox game, i would like it [louder so wiz can hear] i would like it to be about managing an ncc 1701-d style starship with many decks

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

canepazzo posted:

- Core sectors have been lowered to 3 at the start, increases with tech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rTa6HMi3R4

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Heartcatch posted:

I suppose the non-cute species now have a trait which redeem them as livestock instead of outright purging.

never

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yo what the heck

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there should be a type of federation where i'm the only leader. and all the federee borders turn shades of my color 🤗

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Taear posted:

I'm at war with some xenophobic llamas to my north and for some reason they've purged their whole population. I got to the first planet and could see they were being purged and when I hit their homeworld this is what I found.
http://imgur.com/8GXb1xb

For some reason I can't get it to embed.

i'm extremely perplexed

that you think they're llamas

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it would be funnier if it were penrose radiation

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

GotLag posted:

But if it's not a pun and not even funny then where's the joke?

settle down mr hawking

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

GotLag posted:

Oh, speaking of utterly devoid of humour.

Shouldn't you be busy campaigning to have the ship designer removed from the game?

they said they aren't going to remove it, please read the thread before commenting. no hard feelings

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

GotLag posted:

Yes, I am familiar with Hawking radiation and yes, I have heard of Penrose.

The joke is that it's obviously not Hawking radiation in-game because there's nobody called Hawking in the player empire's scientific cadre, but it has, through the magic of narrative, ended up with a name that carries the same literal meaning as hawking, i.e. peddling.

"Penrose radiation" is a meaningless substitution of one name for another and you should feel stupid and dumb.

settle down stephen

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i dunno if it changed but the ethics divergence chance was a once a year roll and the actual chance was a 1/10th of what the percent said

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

wiz said people like sentient more

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[wokely] stellaris is a map game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the system map is good but really boring. more space's fault really

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what if... different factions ruled different planets in a system and it painted the system map accordingly. sweet sweet map painting on all scales

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hey wiz what's up. just saying hi. we're friends. [to no one in particular, and also not as a suggestion] star types should support a distinct maximum fleet capacity in their respective system, with ships going over this limit not contributing fully to battles in that system

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

McGavin posted:

This game really needs message settings like CK2 and EUIV.

[casually sharpening knife which is also a gun]

did i just hear someone say this game, should be more like other paradox games...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

can you make like a single pixel of black on the edge of the eye and stretch that to blink. or a line of black outlining the eye that stretches down blinkishly

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the parrot bird with a helmet but it's a robot with a helmet

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Rakthar posted:

An idea that is practical, costs like ~$100 and does not involve squalor or weird convolutions?

Get out of here with this nonsense. It's like you're downplaying this dude's suffering for the 10-24 hours right after Utopia, which he can fix by going to a friend's house or hotel or any other solution that involves "not being where the power isn't."

Rakthar posted:

How do you interpret agreeing with a poster that responded "Go somewhere else" as getting pissy?

Were you actually moved by Baronjutter's plight to where you are glad that he got useful advice and sad that I might have implied otherwise? Or are you just being contrary for no reason? Is this really worth arguing about?

Rakthar posted:

Thanks for the "u mad bro" and then the "could have just said yes" response, it is a new and fresh approach.

I will unironically add you on google and argue about this loving videogame, you'll regret it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what i'm really surprised to see, is my phone apparently has a limit to how much text can be copied at once. what the beans...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the problem with wide vs tall is that wide rules and tall is sad

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i was right about hyperlane only, and in time i will be right about the ship designer. praise be

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hi what's the best weapon combo. is it still plasma + kinetic or whatever

also what's the news on new features/expansions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

SirPhoebos posted:

What's everyones favorite 4x ship designer? I haven't toyed around with many outside of this game and MoO2.

the mil tech system from eu4

• Locked thread