Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

Wait

do the Falcons start playing in their new stadium next year

do they have a chance to get the ring to go along with the goatse

yes. a very real one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Joey Freshwater posted:

Someone said this earlier today but I'm too lazy to fact check but in todays world that means you can take it as gospel but apparently the NFC South is now the only division to have every team represented in the Super Bowl since the realignment.

it is true

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

RumbleFish posted:

I have no idea how Falcons fans, players, etc. come back from last night, especially since with it being the first overtime Super Bowl AND the biggest comeback, it's gonna stay on NFL highlight reels forever.

yeah see this is the part where it just, we're the biggest super bowl losers ever.

most yards allowed. most first downs allowed. biggest lead blown. only team to lose in overtime.

and now we get loving chip kelly's wild ride.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

big money big clit posted:

Also, I can't imagine a more painful way to lose a Super Bowl. Sorry to the Falcons fans here, you're pretty alright.

i have never felt so emotionally dead inside as i did after that game. like i wasn't even depressed. just numb.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

oldskool posted:

Look at the time of possession...you're already on the ride.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

SHOAH NUFF posted:

what does this mean, why did you say this

is the Falcons next OC Chip Kelly?

it's starting to look that way

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

MJBuddy posted:

The quality of Falcons posters have improved since 2009, mostly through attrition. I really wish I got a Lloyd meltdown out of this, and I'd like to think he's still lurking the forums since he kept doing it for a year or two after his ban.

i wish i could find where he tilted off the forums after that playoff game

they say he still walks the trail...

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Blacktooth posted:

I don't want Chip Kelly. No more run 'n shoot please no matter how you disguise it. I'd much rather find another guy with West Coast experience who isn't so disdainful of running the ball. Sanu, Jones. Hooper, DiMarco, Freeman. Coleman, and Ryan is a drat good core for a more reasonable approach.

well now they're saying steve sarkisian so who the gently caress knows

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i mean it makes a twisted sort of sense if you consider "ok we just got embarassed by the evil empire on national tv, let's grab a guy from the evil empire that got embarassed on tv"

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i took a friend from england to world of coke when he was in town and his basic response was "jesus this is some real next level loving the loving product" to which i can only really go "yep, it sure is" because of the 10 minute intro video where you're supposed to worship coke or some poo poo lmao

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

I am properly ashamed.

hey it's ok, at least you're not a fan of a team that did win a superbowl and then went on to multiple mediocre seasons, wasting the last good years of the best quarterback they've ever had

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

weird Asian candy posted:

You really gonna poo poo talk a fan of a team who has won a SB recently...or like...ever?

yes. because inconsequential lashing out is all i have.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
if i yell bad insults loud enough it shuts out the voices in the back of my head that go Your Team Are The Biggest Losers In The History Of Football By Sheer Numbers

although part of me is a little sad that i didn't get to see a lloyd christmas meltdown over that loss

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i think that's one of the appeals about matt ryan, you guys have to worry if your quarterback is a rapist or not whereas i'm sitting here hoping they find the bdsm sex dungeon covered in #2 jerseys underneath the locker room so i know he's not the worlds most boring android that runs on oatmeal

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
this is an act of war

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Get a Mike Smith lobster av.

get the sean mexico from that one guys saints av holding a saw with julio jones falling down a freshly cut hole holding a sign that says Yikes!

the one with the text that was like "No no, I'm Sean Mexico. You must be confusing me with someone else."

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The 2017 Falcons: We're Totally Over It.

my brother's fiancee is a patriots fan and it is really hard to not go off on her when she starts acting like a smug dipshit every second of the day when football comes up and i told you that story so you would understand why i'm telling you to jump into a fire and roast yourself alive you oval office

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
don't know how that relationship survived considering he's a big falcons fan, she's a big patriots fan, and they were actually at super bowl 51

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
so which great quarterback in the nfcs is going to get hosed by a surprise injury this year. i'm betting it's either ryan or brees. just a feeling.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

big money big clit posted:

It's gonna be Cam Newton again because there will be no repercussions for defenders trying to decapitate him.

i fuckin hate that poo poo, i'm not even a panthers fan and the treatment cam gets is baffling

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it was even weirder how actually angry my mother got about kaepernick sitting for the anthem, like who loving cares lmfao

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Brees. Ryan is due, but Brees is almost 40 years old.

yeah i was kinda thinking the same thing, he's getting old and it feels like he's one good hit away from breaking

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Breathe it in, breathe it all in!

Not that it really matters in the grand scheme but for one night I feel avenged!

the crying visibly upset pats fans are the greatest, like i didn't think anybody was actually buying into this Stone Cold Lock of the Century: Of The Week that the pats were going undefeated but guess i was loving wrong

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Serotonin posted:

gently caress that was a tense ending

falcons are literally incapable of just winning a game comfortably without last minute pressure

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

Edit: This is probably going to be a 3-4 win team.

nah, at least 6 or 7 imo

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
no team in the nfl is going to do good if their starting qb eats it obviously but the saints seem like one of the teams most primed to go to bottom-tier dumpster fire if brees misses a step coming off an airplane and breaks his leg

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

The only thing blank drains are municipal funds.

he does drain them by biting fiercely and then sucking so the confusion is understandable

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sounds like someone is counting out the Saints to spoil some divisional opponents!

(2017) A down-on-its-luck football team receives help from a plucky Golden Retriever in defeating their division rivals. G, 146 minutes.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
gently caress this god drat piece of poo poo loving lovely rear end dicksucking motherfucking loser of a team

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

i have, literally, no idea what happened

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
like i got a text that they reversed it and the game was over

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
also my sentiment still applies because fuckign christ 3 turnovers and all the other poo poo

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

and? my sentiment stands. the bears defeated themselves and the lions got hosed by the referees. this team is easily, easily, 1-2 without getting some absurdly lucky breaks

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
"i'll take a gross, ugly win over a loss" is a terrible mindset because we only get so many times that we spin three cherries when we're trying to stop the opposing team from making a one yard score

the falcons record paints them as a lot better team than they look

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Perfect opportunity to bust out the biggest southern insult possible.

bless his heart

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
where's the overtly racist lava hot take that chastises him for having celebration things and not wanting to rub some dirt in it and get back on the field

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

So crazy. He is such a physical specimen that I just assumed he would withstand the test of time. The past couple seasons have not been kind to Cam, it legit makes me sad.

you'd need to be made out of solid steel in order to withstand the pounding he's been taking

but according to replies to that tweet it's because he will occasionally run the ball because he's a greedy showboat

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah, the patriots have the worst defense in the league. What is belichick gonna do against an offense that can't throw?

what if cam

had

a gun

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
wuh oh

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/915681248366010368

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007