Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im a fairweather fan in the litera sense. If your team doesnt play in fairweather Im not watchig you live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Technically, a clear summer day in Louisiana is fair weather, but it's too loving hot to go see Tulane play in their stadium in September.

God invented dome stadiums for a reason, it's right there in the bible.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That Works posted:

I don't like this cautious optimism about my team that seems to be popping up in my head. Watching the 1st game they looked so bad I figured this was going to be a 'real bad' season.

I'm worried that we'll look good, fade down the stretch due to some injuries, finish at 8-8 or something and they end up keeping the coach and GM staff intact.

I thought that was the plan. Were going 7-9 in a new way.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

We are going to lose to Brett Hundley

We somehow didnt. It hd all the marks of a trap game but instead we won and wont be the reason brett hundley gets a huge contract somewhere

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

I will hate lobster son forever for that superbowl loss, but I think I hate him more for leaving.

He has escaped. You, however, remain trapped.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It's genuinely impressive that in both a physical and metaphorical sense I could not see the talent on the field.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please stick with the scheme. The Saints playoffs hopes rest on being the least addlepated team in the division

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I like this graphic.

All along, we've just been asking for an adequate defense. And now it looks like we have one. Plus an actual running game. We are living in strange times indeed.

Send Brees out on a high note like Elway. Then he can run for mayor or governor or whatever else he wants to.

On a side note, I wonder how Adrian Peterson is feeling this morning. I bear him no ill will, but you know opposing defenses are just gonna stuff the run now since Palmer's out.

Please do not create a scenario in which I vote for Senator Brees

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

You tell me any scenario in which Brees wins another Super Bowl for the Saints, runs for Louisiana Political Office X and doesn't win.

“Candidate Brees(D)”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I love our Saints defense.

Halloween is approaching so still time to pumpkin

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only time Ive ever seen ironic cheering in the states was at a bball game whwre the home team was down like 30 points and in the last two minutes didnt even bother to pass down the court, instead electing to burm the shot clock.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Can a priest on a sinking pirate ship with a panther cub and a falcon with clipped wings fit in th gang tag space.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sorry, Ws are too high in calories so ive had to switch to losses and on cheat days ties.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The drew brees rushing touchdown is a short film about a man desparately trying to find a way to get out of doing something he doesnt want to do and then being forced to anyway.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Dude, ANY defense is much better than what we've had for the past few years.

Its theoretically possible to have a worse defense, but thankfully the technology to clone Jason David does not yet exist.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm too lazy to do it, but you know how people make those "best of" lists for the best possible collection of players ever?

I wonder what is the ultimate worst defense you could make with Saints defenders from the past. Jason David would be up there. My other immediate thought would be Johnathan Sullivan. Admittedly, I don't know much about the Saints before the late 80s, and the defense was good then.

The saddest part of such a list is that for most teams the correct answer would be “no player/open field” but the Saints are so bad that we have actual players paid money to be statisically worse than an uncovered man.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

I am now convinced that the Saints are playing in January this season, and if you'll recall, I was calling for Sean Payton's job as recently as week 2 of this season. Are they going to win a Super Bowl? Almost certainly not, but I do believe that they should have 1 W in them in the post-season.

Excuse me but we are winning it all and during the parade Drew Brees will ascend into a fountain of endless bourbon at lee circle which will be renamed Breesircle and the water level will not only stop rising but the city of New Orleans itself will be lifted 15 feet above sea level with beautiful new sandbar beaches on the missippi river.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I flew back today from NO so Im in a great, slightly boozy, mood.

Im sure Ill be back to my regular “please give new orleans all your tourism dollars before it becomes a not mythical at all atlantis” sometime around our next loss

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

I'm still waiting for January.

February, bruh. Fingers crossed I celebrate spring festival in china with a Saints win.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leviathan posted:

of course i leave the loving superdome with 5 minutes left in the game. of loving course

Drown your tears at missing the end of that game with some delicious Felipe's.

I wish I was still in town.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I went to the movies when it looked like the Saints were gonna have a pretty meh game. How'd it go?

Find yourself some highlights because you will see the point where 1.1% of the time the extremely drunk home crowd that can't make out to the parking lot under their own strength are vindicated

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Two Tone Shoes posted:

But imagine what we could've gotten for that future second round pick! It could've been anyone, even an Alvin Kamara!

Alvin Kamara is definitely a dude who needs to go by Kamara because Alvin isn't selling the product on the field

Barudak
May 7, 2007

We could get another Trey Edmunds

Barudak
May 7, 2007

C2C - 2.0 posted:

And when you're done eating come upstairs to Tiki Tolteca. I bartend there on Sundays.

Fuckin a its a small world. You likely know a friend of mine who helped open the joint.

Love me some tiki poo poo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Will no one rid me of these Falcons?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

It's time for the annual:

gently caress

The

Falcons.

If you agree with this, like, subscribe, and give me a hell yeah!

I do not wish to have sex with degenerate, bird based teams.

Shared though for those passionate for bird loving

Barudak
May 7, 2007

When im old Ill probably think 9/11 happened on march 28th so thanks banner

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

On the one hand, this is delicious. On the other, I hope you guys don't lose your team.

Yeah, moving you all to <throws dart> Rio De Janeiro would be stayimg in yhe south but maybe not in th spirit of the statement.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My considerable holdings could afford upwards of one toliet stall in the building.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Read my family the Cajun Night Before Christmas so in the spirit of that please be on the look out for my gator pulled Saints celebration wagon

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont know what the song equivalent of let it go was 23 years ago but imagine i hotlinked it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look, i feel i can nearly guarantee something equally cataclysmically stupid happening if any nfc south team makes the super bowl.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ai yi yi yiiiii I love enchiladitos

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look, look, we're all beautiful and pretty princesses except the Buccs who are wearing the black ring.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Also if you dont like the NO style king cake, their is another french style of them which are basically lemon butter cakes with crusted tops and that was a smash hit at my office.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Fear and hope about next year?

Or the likelihood that the Bucs will win this whackadoodle division next year?

Based on past track record the NFL will move the 49ers back into the division and win it easily.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you go to the dome and get jalapenos in your bloody mary understand that I hate you.

Also my hands still hurt.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

I'm remembering this from HS French class so it could just as easily been some off-brand king cake to keep teenagers from choking on a tiny baby while they're chowing down.

Its not a baby everywhere in france, much like how there are multiple styles of what constitutes a king cake.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

New Orleans knows how to get drunk right.

The night the Saints won the Super Bowl had the lowest crime rate basically ever.

I was there and remember up to yelling in the street when they officialy called it no take backs but I cant tell you anything after that moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Going for it was 100% the right call. You get two yards pack it up, game over. You dont get two yards, you hope you can stall them without their timeouts as seen in the game

• Locked thread