Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

I've been pissed at Payton for bad defenses and free agency blunders the past three years, but I've always backed him on his willingness to call bold plays.

I look forward to more gutsy plays unless somebody pays him 100 million to coach the cowboys or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MJBuddy posted:

Okay so I know that I went to Finn McCool's after to have my...20th drink or whatever (and then went to 8:30 calc class the next morning drinking gatorade). Did you come with us?

I have no idea. I mean, I barely remember that Finn McCool's was a place that existed so its not out of the realm that we all went.

Those finger sandwiches are still the best tasting thing I'll probably ever eat.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A) Get out of my nightmares
B) Saints have to beat the vikings first.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Or move the team to San Antonio.

Or worse, Algiers.

I mean a team in north africa would be cool.

Oh that algiers.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Much like the Saints themselves all I have is Drew Brees

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sexy tiger boobs posted:

a what? a glazed broom?

Swept

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im vert drunk in green colored mai tais right now so I just want to share Im glad the falcons lost and I want some goddamn kingcake

Barudak
May 7, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

gonna be really really pissed off if the saints lose tomorrow

I am too, purple is the hardest color to make a mixed drink in

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MJBuddy posted:

Literally Purple Drink. Come on man.

Bonus points if you make a Flaming Moe.

The defense isn't good though. At FO: 22nd overall DVOA. 19th and 20th in Rush/Passing. 19th in D-Line Run Defense, 16th in adjusted sack %.. They had good luck at good times.

After buying that can of Drank in college I refuse to recognize the validity of “Purple Drink” as a mixed beverage.

Also the Falcons were ranked 23rd in redzone touchdown percentage so they had even more issues

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'll honestly make a pale pimms cupp using the blackberry variety because the goddamn son of a bitch patriots are obviously going to be the other team int he super bowl

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My coworkers, all bears fans, dont seem to understand the concept of “not being completely confident your team will win every week” which youd think theyd have fuckin learned at this point

Barudak
May 7, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

You live in Illinois I'm assuming? Whereabouts?

And yeah, I texted my buddy last night who is a Patriots fan and said "football must be so boring for you knowing your team is going to win every year" herp derp. For the rest of us, it's back to the drawing board year after painful year :smithicide:

Are there cities in Illinois other than Chicago???

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nothing of note really...

Wondering if you were out in the burbs. Asked and answered.

E

And yeah Sark aint going anywhere

If the CTA services it, is it the burbs?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yes. Yes they are most definitely the burbs.

Evanston, used to live gold coast

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well at least the falcons lost too so i can root for the NFC safely as they assuredly get obliterated in the super bowl

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

It's fitting that the Saints would own the worst defensive play in the history of the NFL

We already have special teams and offense so its a 3 fee

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

Got any cool weekend tips? Gonna be in Chicago for five days next week

What do you like doing and also why on gods earth are tou coming here at this time of year

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If its business get a comped dinner to Maple and Ash.

Have a glass of malort*

Have a dinner comped at the hancock

Watch the Bulls anemically play Basketball

Go to the museum of science and industry and never leave the Lego exhibit

*You are not allowed to punch me after drinking it no matter how bad you will want to

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im hoping your seats arent mezzanine back rows for hamilton.

For food whats the budget? Cause Grace and Alinea are michelin 3 stars but like if youre here for sloppy rear end chicago food hit up portillos to eat like every horrible food this place is known for.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

gently caress Lou Malnati's - Pequod's is where it's at.

Pequods is cheesy bread masquerading as deep dish. If I want a pie I dont want it to be all crust

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

TFW your team is getting clowned in one of those "greatest football trick plays" for a game FROM LAST loving YEAR.

Thats the NFC South experience.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WampaLord posted:

The best Superbowl possible

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The one perverse benefit here is since the Vikings cant win the Super Bowl the beating the Saints on a broken final play doesnt become something I have to see on commercials for the commerative dvd.

Downside of course is a 6th loving patriot super bowl win.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

philly is just kinda trash as far as cities go y/n

Pretzels are top tier as far as the U.S. goes. The Philly Cheesteak is excellent when not made in Philly with goddamn Cheez-Whiz

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I just buy Opera Tickets during prime-time Patriots games so it looks like I'm going to get promoted to Honored Donor this year!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

Trip report

Chicago trip was fun! Ate some pie at Lou Malnati's and Gino's East.

Gino's pie was better imo.

Happy Saturday and thanks for the tips, NFC south thread.

Glad you had fun, hope Hamilton was as good as you hoped. Who was Aaron Burr?

I went with Wayne Brady and I'm not saying that Wayne Brady is a showman whose talents have been chronically underserved by his career, but I am saying the rest of the cast looked like community theater near him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its honestly really far down on the list of embarassing Saints defensive collapses (vol 2) and even further down the all time list.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

It was super good except it resulted in Philadelphia getting a title.

The worst loving part is the NFC East is now the only division where every team has at least one ring

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What the poo poo is going on in Carolina???

Doing a meltdown bad enough that only the English will want them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm not gonna be rude at all, thats a neat item and I hope you and your bag are very happy and eventually settle down and have children together.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kinda rude to pay lip service to Wakandas majority religion while their government brutally cracks down on M’Baku worshippers

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That chin could probably play d-line all by itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cut... Drew Brees? Not sure I understand the sentence.

• Locked thread