Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

Eventually Shreveport will be the New New Orleans. Give it time.
You know what the bouquet of booze, vomit, and urine needs? Oil refinery! Right next to the football stadium!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

weird Asian candy posted:

Freeman just got paaaaaaaid. Don't see specifics other than highest paid rb in the league. He rules...but highest paid rules? Ehhhhhhh

E

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/895270679829856256

Now give him the ball on 1st and 10 in the 4th quarter.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

That Works posted:

I'd be kind of strangely sad and confused if non-Saints NFCS fans started rooting for the Saints if it wasn't like a Superbowl or something.

I'll cheer on the Saints if they are playing the Patriots or Steelers because gently caress Them™

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Asnorban posted:

I'm not convinced the Panthers will ever win a super bowl.

I grew up in Tampa as a Bucs fan and had season tickets through those awful seasons in the late 80s and early 90s. I got to see them win one. I have less faith in the Panthers. Because I know they will give me hope and let me down.

They aren't called the Consistency Cats.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

PostNouveau posted:

I went to a second line instead of watching the Saints get demolished, AMA

Is that where you hire a band and have your own parade? Hannibal Burress has a great bit about it.

Where was the parade?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I wonder if forcing Sark to go back to drinking like a fish counts as a grand scheme change

Just keep him lightly buzzed, not hammered. An hour before the game he can have a Bud Light (Official beer of the NFL) and another can every 45 minutes.

Alaois posted:

its not like those are actual real percentages made with math, would it kill them to make the Saints chance 69%
But then the percentages would add up to 106% instead of the current 101%

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 23, 2017

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shot for every touchdown scored
Then Sark is going to be all WE NEED MORE POINTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ83nnODDjs
Bonus footage of Jake Delhomme playing for the Saints in this clip.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Auto-ban has been a part of these forums for well over a decade and still gets people. I love it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chilichimp posted:

I know exactly one person who has decided not to watch games due to the anthem, the rest are people who never really watched anyway.
I have a cousin who is probably going to drop her Titans season tickets because of the kneeling and will just be a Vols and Predators fan. She's former military so that's part of it.

Dog tax for politics not in chat thread

https://imgur.com/gallery/tJGdu

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chilichimp posted:

When the players repeatedly clarify it has nothing to do with the troops... the continuing to insist that it does is kinda her own deal.

Also if she was a pats fan walking away i’d be impressed. Not buying TITANS season tickets seems like a good entertainment decision.
1: Yeah that's something I have beef about, that military people claim exclusive ownership of the flag and anthem.

2: Hometown fandom is what it is.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jon Bois gets posted all the time is TFF, and for good reason. He has an episode about this and it is Pretty Good.

Carney was on a crazy long successful PAT streak at the time.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Keep the statue of Sam Mills. He earned it.

Keep the statue of Jerry McCormack because he was the first GM and President and had a good NFL career and so far as we know wasn't a shithead.

Cover or hide or remove the statue of Richardson after he passes. He's on his second ticker, he's not long for the world. Place a plaque at the new location of his statue that notes he was a shithead.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
They need "Kiss my rear end bitch, I'll be at Duane's" or "I ain't afraid of the Po-lice"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shiki Dan posted:

Obviously Shula is waiting on head coach offers from other teams.

I mean, everyone keeps poaching our DCs, so there must a team out there waiting for the right time to nab Shula from us, right???

I'd say he could follow in Chudz's path, but the Browns are keeping their 1-31 coach instead of firing him like they did the 4-12 Chudzinski.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Alaois posted:

does anything define the NFC South better than barely disguised hostility
Fear and hope about next year?

Or the likelihood that the Bucs will win this whackadoodle division next year?

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 7, 2018

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Doppelganger posted:

I wish to inquire as to the identity and whereabouts of those individuals who so boast of possessing the wherewithal to defeat the New Orleans Saints.
*looks around* I think the Saints fans were saying the Saints would beat the Saints, while the Panthers fans had the same self defeating attitude.

Now someone beat the gat drat Patriots.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

Odd random stat (pulled from SR): Counting the postseason, the Panthers lost half (3 of 6) of their games this year to the Saints.
Sounds like the 1999 Jags, but they only lost 3.

To the Titans.

This year the Titans have beaten the Jags twice, and if they meet, they meet in the AFCCG again.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

A.o.D. posted:

My happy place is remembering him pivoting in midair to secure a two point conversion catch in the Super Bowl. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BlHyGAw4ffY

In the end that conversion didn't matter in terms if the final outcome, but it was just this magnificent convergence of guts and perfect execution.
Probably not a catch today.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Serotonin posted:

That looks bizarre

The green and blue are off putting to me, but it's probably just sugar glaze with food coloring and the choice of color is traditional because gently caress if I know.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wandler20 posted:

Yo Fiz, I found it:

It's amazing what you can find when cleaning out the trunk of your car.

That is a pretty sweet haul all In all.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, jokes on both of us, really. Both Franchises up to 2 losses on the biggest stage now?
Falcons and Panthers both lost to the Patriots and Broncos.

loving weird man.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chilichimp posted:

I'm pretty sure we sealed that up in February 2017.
To keep with the Simpsons, :thejoke:

Panthers went 15-1 and brought a high scoring offense and a great defense to the Super Bowl. The defense was solid and the offense was a wet fart. Oh and during the kick that was doinked Aqib Talib was way offsides.

Falcons the next year said "I'm gonna pass instead of run the ball. That always works against the Patriots. Hold my beer."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
That doggo just yanked a grown rear end man to the ground in an instant. :stare:

Sack up and take the suit off Mark imho
He wouldn't have any meat left on his arm after that bite if not for the suit.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

"Saints need to go all in and make a run for Brees' last year," i tell myself for like the seventh time.

Well they won the division and went 3-0 against the Panthers so something they are doing is working.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

WampaLord posted:

This ultra owns

I'm the guy in the back giving the thumbs up :thumbsup:

Well the orange on your collar is the same as the orange on his helmet so he'll yeah give that thumbs up

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

That's really cool! Sounds a little like Lollapalooza in Chicago.

Also holy poo poo I just accidentally hit Ctrl+B while trying to hit Ctrl+V to paste the correct spelling of Lollapalooza and I saw the bold tags! It works for italics as well with Ctrl+I...this has opened a whole new world for me :stare:

1: Memphis in May is another everything under the sun music fest.

2: you've been here 13 years and you just learned this? Lol

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

waah posted:

We're all really the same person.

We are all HooverFan. Jorts and ketchup on chicken tenders forever.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Get your terrible towel ready, Fiz

NC has enough Steelers fans already.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Are the Bucs uniforms always that reflective? That's a neat effect.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

Would the white version just be Taco Bell?

Carlos O'Kelly's

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 20, 2018

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wandler20 posted:

In honor of JPP coming to the Bucs I got my fireworks supply in today:

Did you go to SC or Alabama to get the real good stuff?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Ahh, I just assumed you were from Florida and FL doesn't have the big fancy fireworks for retail consumers.

What's with these Bucs fans not living near Florida?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

Battle of the Gropers!

Lock your doors and count your daughters, these men cannot be stopped!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why wouldn’t you just clone the organs instead of a whole human that you have to kill off?

Killing clones has all of the self actualization benefits of suicide without the pesky 'being dead' at the end.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Makes you think, doesn't it? Fully guaranteed contracts, no franchise tags, I think you would see more trades and huge names moving around. Like what would be the equivalent in the NFL to Lebron leaving in FA? Imagine Tom Brady leaving NE in FA. It would never happen.

Joe Montana with the Chiefs, Brett Favre with the Jets/Vikings, Peyton Manning with the Broncos.

Granted, their replacements were lined up, but they all made playoff runs and Peyton even managed (to have the league leading defense carry him to) a Super Bowl win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

zimbomonkey posted:

Ross. Apparently the injury is incredibly ugly but no pictures are around.
And thank God for that.

Watching that college BB player break his lower leg in the NCAA Championship was horrifying.

• Locked thread