Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Apparently the Dolphins are releasing their left tackle Brandon Albert. Maybe the Hawks will pick him up? Hahahaha, no we'll take another college basketball player, or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Sherman was not great this year, Chancellor couldnt stay healthy. Earl Thomas actually was good again for the first time in 2 seasons but then he got hurt.

I wonder how much of Sherman looking bad was his knee. I was thinking he lost a step, before I heard he was injured.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/07/seahawks-dont-tender-contracts-to-restricted-free-agents-deshawn-shead-brock-coyle/

quote:

The Seattle Seahawks will not tender restricted free agent contracts to cornerback Deshawn Shead and linebacker Brock Coyle.

According to Tim Booth of the Associated Press, the agent for both players, Cameron Foster, confirmed the Seahawks’ intentions to not offer tenders, making both players unrestricted free agents.

Seems like a shame. ACLs seem pretty recoverable these days, but I guess halfway through the season is too long to wait for Shead.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Eddie Lacy strikes me as Katsu Burger kinda guy...

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Well, Lang signed with Detroit, because of course we can't have good offensive linemen.

Also, Joeckel is getting $7mil guaranteed, which is... a lot.

Is Joeckel any good? Sounds like he's had health issues?

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

WELP http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18906425/seattle-seahawks-sign-free-agent-rb-eddie-lacy

quote:

Running back Eddie Lacy has agreed to a one-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks, his agents said Tuesday.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

seiferguy posted:

The concept of a teriyaki restaurant was invented in Seattle.

:hf:

http://archive.seattleweekly.com/2007-08-15/food/how-teriyaki-became-seattle-s-own-fast-food-phenomenon/

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

gently caress off if the Seahawks sign Sanchez over Kaepernick as a backup

Looking forward to being able to find and afford Seahawks tickets!

Edit: ^ hell yeah.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Seahawks are getting 11 to 13 wins dick bags. Our run game is gonna be a powerhouse. Jimmy garappolo is trash , Jared goff is a pumpkin and lol at the Cardinals. Its the Seahawks division deal with it

LOL, look at this fuckin' guy. We'll be lucky to get back to the playoffs my dude. We made some good moves, but I don't think getting rid of Richard was one of them, and the coaching staff that we brought in doesn't look great. People seem happy with the draft, but if our O-line hasn't made huge improvements in the off season (LOL) it's still going to be Wilson running for his life every loving play. I mean, go Hawks, but let's be realistic.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I agree making the playoffs will likely take some fortune, but the OL is likely to improve substantially from last year.

Seattle replaced Cable, arguably the worst OL coach, with somebody who is not the worst OL coach.
They traded for Duane Brown, a great LT.
They have a bunch of young guys who are hitting years 2-4, right when they should be peaking.

It's not unreasonable to think the O-line could improve. Especially when they (before the Brown trade) were basically as bad as an OL could be. They had nowhere to go but up.

100% agree on Cable, glad to see him go. I was ambivalent on Bevell, but not sorry to see him go. I don't know if Schottenheimer is an improvement.

Hopefully Penny is good, but even if he is, we don't have a lot of receiving threats outside of Baldwin, so a good defense might be able to shut us down by selling out against the run, and hoping their secondary can shut down the passing game.

If we sneak in on a wildcard as #2 in the division, I'll be pretty happy.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I've had no other team for life (33 im old lol) but I also wasn't that deep into it because the seahawks were so lovely that my dad would start getting mad about it and my mom would take me out of the room and it happened so often I barely even knew the rules until I was a teen lol

Same, but I gave up on the Hawks (or thought I did, the superbowl win stirred some poo poo up) in the early 2000s when I realized that getting worked up over them losing all the time wasn't healthy. Surprisingly rational for a dumbass college kid.

Edit: I'm actually more comfortable with being a Seahawks fan when we're sucking, if I'm honest. I've embraced it. When we're good, I can feel myself getting sucked back in to actually caring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm fine with sucking. Not quite as fine with becoming the official team of :chud: Proud Boys :chud: everywhere because management and Carroll read too much Fox News.

Agreed. Pete Carroll's luster is wearing thin. Thankfully he'll likely be gone in the next couple of years.

• Locked thread