Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
One of these weeks the Niners are going to win by a couple of touchdowns and they'll be 1 and 6+ with a positive point differential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

algebra testes posted:

Seahawks had 479 yards.

Of which Wilson contributed 482 yards.

Wilson was incredible, seriously. But I don't like Seattle's chances in the playoffs if they can't run. 3rd and short feels like a giant wall right now, and its way worse in the red zone.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
See, I actually think the o line created some fine pockets for Russ to work with yesterday. Their pass blocking looked...dare I say, average? No coincidence that Russ had his best game of the season by far.

Maybe, just as the Texans sold out against the run at the expense of the pass, the o line concentrated on pass blocking at the expense of running. They were getting blown off the line on running plays and created nothing in the way of holes (even worse, let rushers through to allow tfl, I don't understand why we don't screen more). But Russ had a pocket to work with today! Pocic looked good, Odihambo is bad but not actively terrible, and Ifedi remains a penalty machine but has improved a lot.

We'll see if they end up trading with Houston for Brown, but there's a chance they could keep improving with some continuity. Then, maybe, teams will start respecting the pass more and the running game can get going.

Or they'll stay hot trash and we'll be strip sacked out of the first round, w/e.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Peachfart posted:

Trading picks for Patriot backup QBs... wow, I didn't think the 49ers were that far gone.

https://youtu.be/nPK7C0hTWaI

Its Rinaldo posted:

I went to a Texans site to see what they thought of Duane Brown and hooo boy man. Shoulda known not to read the comments. A hot take I thought was particularly funny was a bunch of fans being cool with Watson playing behind a bad line as he has played well so far. Like, did it not occur to them why Seattle would trade for a left tackle when we run out Russell God King of the Scramble Drill Wilson?

Yeah that was fun earlier this week after the McNair stuff.
Posts devoted to game topics: 21
Posts devoted to denying that McNair said anything racist and calling people who were offended ignorant: 439

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
As long as Earl Thomas stays healthy I think this defense will be fine, it just won't be the world beater we're used to. All good things come to an end, you just have to enjoy and appreciate them when they're around.

Thankfully Russ keeps developing and growing, he's really put the team on his back. Hawks are going to have to score lots to make a run this year.

God drat but the league has had a ton of brutal injuries. Any word on how Duane Brown is doing?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I really wish the vikings had buit an outdoor stadium because cold football owns and $5 tickets right down by the field own even more.

Man I dunno, there's cold weather football and then there's Minneapolis in January. I don't think anybody enjoyed the Blair Walsh Game.

CenturyLink is an awesome stadium, but the one game I went to was in the Hawks Nest and up there you're basically surrounded by people who rode to the game from Auburn in pickup trucks they bought from Jay Buhner. Dudes were getting up to piss every few minutes and coming back double fisting bud lites every drat time.

I guess I'm outing myself as a wimpy urban millennial but I've enjoyed myself at Sounders games more. Of course, I think sitting in better seats might help. That's just how NFL games are, the cheaper the seats the rowdier the fans.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What is this nonsense!?! Getting drunk, loud, and rowdy with strangers is the entire point of going to see a live game.

If I'm gonna get hosed up at a game it'll be at a tailgate. I'm not made of money. Those dudes must have taken out a second mortgage to buy all those bud lites.

Had a great time doing this when the Hawks were in Baltimore. Maybe I'd dig games more if I still lived near Seattle, I dunno.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Welp. Guess we're about to find out just how important Earl is, in isolation. RIP LOB.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

I'm old enough to remember the Rick Mirer "era," so y'all don't have to lecture me about counting my blessings. Doesn't make this suck any less, though.

For loving real. I remember being so excited when we picked up Warren Moon. At last, halfway decent quarterback play! I've watched a ton of bad football to get to the Carroll era and I am going to enjoy every second of this.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shindragon posted:

Blair Walsh fucks it up yet again.

This loss is on Pete. Try the loving 35 yarder next time.

Also what the hell was that 2 minute drill, no timeouts and every throw over the middle?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Manoueverable posted:

That was a garbage 2 minute drill for sure, I'm not sure if Russell can throw it to the outside without scrambling because otherwise he's just looking in the middle of the field

Our season's done

Uhh

We're still 6-4. If we beat the Rams again we're probably in the playoffs. Plenty of teams would be happy to be in our position.

The defense sucks but Russ is still amazing. Let's see if some guys can get a little healthier. Losing Griffin that early in the game was brutal.

I dunno man the loss hurts but we were like a missed Graham td catch and about 2 feet of FG from OT and/or winning. I'm willing to wait and see.

And long term we still have a franchise qb. We'll be fine.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Unsure whether this carries over to SA, but my goodness Eagles fans are a confident bunch this year. Don't they know what's going to happen?

Silver Linings Playbook really was about the world's sanest Eagles fan, huh?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

razorscooter posted:

I'm still willing to ignore the half yard or so, because it was a cool lateral play

Yes. Cool, therefore legal.

Manoueverable posted:

I would definitely caution against assuming we're going to beat the Jags

Absolutely. I'm steeling myself for the letdown. At least the game isn't an early start anymore. So glad we don't have to face Campbell 2x per season anymore.

A win @Jax makes the game vs the Rams essentially a playoff for the division. Seattle ends with @Dal vs Ari, Rams with @Ten vs SF, which will probably be two wins for each.

Incidentally, as much as the Seattle O line being garbage has turned into a meme, their pass blocking has been better than league average since trading for Duane Brown. The Eagles have a terrifying D line and Russ moved the ball just fine. Could be a hopeful sign with two more brutal D lines in the next two weeks.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Aw, crazy Jim Harbaugh. His teams were always good, but I can't think of another coach that was more fun to beat. That Seattle/SF rivalry was so fun, wish it could have had a longer period of parity. We really only got a couple seasons where they were at roughly the same quality.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

algebra testes posted:

If you wanna get sad about entropy the passing of time and about how we're all gonna die watching that 2013 NFC Championship game on the NFL channel sure does the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G2_ruG44M4

Just like, two great teams before they were destroyed by the harsh ravages of time, racism and Jed York.

"they" were destroyed?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
All I want for Christmas is

F
I
R
E

D
A
R
R
E
L
L

B
E
V
E
L
L

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

You are all hyper mood swing fans.

The kawalimus is spreading

Seriously. The Seahawks defense is going to have a ton of talent next season. The offense will have Russ. They'll be good at the very least.

To my admittedly untrained eye Bennett has looked pretty washed up this year. He's had good years but I'm not sad to see him go.

If Avril retires they should have a good chunk of cap space to work with again.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Does Garoppolo need a new deal? Thought I heard his rookie contract expires after this year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spoeank posted:

Mods plz pin "DONT FORGET ABOUT THE FRANCHISE TAG" to the top of every pg thx

Wait, is that seriously the plan? He's going to want a deal. Ask Washington how well franchising your QB goes.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Of course. I doubt he heads back to NE with their situation. If he keeps playing well he won't be cheap for long, though. With how good he's looked SF may want to lock him up ASAP, else they run the risk that his stick will keep rising on short term deals. Going to be an interesting negotiation. Of course, having Shanahan helps out SF a lot in this area.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What? No it isn't. Graham, Paul Richardson, Shead, and Maxwell are the only good starters. Sheldon Richardson is obviously great but we always knew he was going to be a 1-year deal. Garvin, McDougald, and Smith are decent role players and Willson is a meh TE2.

Joeckel sucks and costs 8 mil AAV.
Lacy sucks and costs 4.25 mil AAV.
Luke Willson is bad and costs 1.25 mil AAV.

If you cut all of them you can easily re-sign Paul Richardson + Shead, and likely sneak in another short term deal for Maxwell.

Graham is weird because he's probably worth less than the $10 mil AAV that he currently makes, but a random team might pay him more.

I'm more in this line of reasoning. If those are the FAs from a roster of 54 then we're doing pretty well. I see a lot of money that can easily be let go.

Benne posted:

Division pride is even dumber than conference pride. gently caress every team that isn't mine.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Like what the gently caress? Cable is among the worst at his job. How does he keep getting jobs?

Hire a new OL coach, draft a RB in the middle rounds, and hope that Rawls stays healthy.

*hope that Carson stays healthy.

Rawls is long gone, especially after the last two games.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vhak lord of hate posted:

What makes the Seahawks the team that Maxwell plays decently on? I remember him being good, traded to the Eagles where he was (as I recall) the worst starter for that position, then comes back and is good again.

Probably scheme. Pete loves those big press corners, and he's always seemed to find a way to use them up to their potential. Still unbelievable to me that they made a useful player out of Brandon Browner.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I don't think it's all attributable to Sherman - after all, Maxwell did his best work after Sherman tore his Achilles. Unless, that is, you're referring to Shaq Thompson as a shutdown corner, and something tells me you aren't.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Their biggest challenge to the NFC West title next year is the niners. It's gonna be tough.

I'm gonna go ahead and put a pin in this statement, because it might end up being really funny next year.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So can we picket the VMAC or something?

I can't comprehend the Schottenheimer hire. There's just no upside there.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah, all things considered it was a drat good run :)

Basically how I feel about it. There's nothing a Carroll team can do on the field to sour his legacy for me--he won us a Super Bowl! I wasn't sure we'd ever get one. Even more fun that they won my favorite game of all time against our biggest rivals on the way.

If this is the end of the era, then it's been a hell of a ride.

dont even fink about it posted:

As long as Wilson stays healthy I think it's a 9-7 team. It's not like we've gotten long years of incredibly playcalling.

And there's always this. They have a franchise qb, so they should be at least "good" while he's in his prime.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
It's wild to see Danny Kelly on the Ringer and all that. He's a drat good writer (and fun podcaster) and I'm really happy to see him do so well.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I'm trying to go right to Stage 5. They probably won't be very good! But all things must end. Besides, it's not like I loved the last couple of years. Bevell's offense made me want to drink bleach.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

Big Walt apparently does individual coaching? Why isn't he at least an assistant? loving Lemuel Jeanpierre is an assistant coach.

JESUS. That's pretty bleak.

Big Walt rules so hard, though. Wasn't the hold the refs called on him in XL one of like a dozen in his entire career? (Or am I thinking of the call on Hutch...poo poo, memory is getting faulty :corsair:)

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The 9ers should acquire Jimmy Graham just to confuse the poo poo out of everyone watching their games.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

Seahawks: Walter Jones, Cortez Kennedy, Marshawn Lynch, Steve Largent

Tez was great and by far my favorite player before Marshawn, but at this point I might replace him with either Russ (best SEA QB by far) or Earl Thomas (best player on SB winning defense). That's just nitpicking though, your selections do a great job of showcasing each decad

e. Just for fun, how about a reverse-rushmore for each team? The most loathed/worst players. I don't have time to fully think this through, but I have to think two Seahawks spots are reserved for Mirer and Jerramy Stevens. Some might choose Boz too.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 25, 2018

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

They'll have to borrow the side netting from the Dbacks ballpark to keep fans from getting beaned

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ninja Bob posted:

I... just... Brock Osweiler... really?

I'm going to deny that possibility until it happens.

This is how I felt about Brian Schottenheimer, so I'd say you should make your peace with it now.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Aw Doug looks so much less angry than usual

This must be what he's like during the offseaon

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Manoueverable posted:

Anyone wanna take guesses on which Seahawk shattered his hand in the locker room after SB49?

Gotta be Doug Baldwin.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

For shits and giggles, former NFC West players in today's game

Seahawks

Alan Branch

Well, not him.

https://twitter.com/ZackCoxNESN/status/960209881822367744

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Chichevache posted:

And Chris Maragos, famous Seahawk, for his 2nd world championship.

He was such a clutch special team guy

seiferguy posted:

The Seahawks beat the Eagles this year, ergo

YEAH transitive property!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Coldforge posted:

You laugh now, but he's getting a taste of that NY media market.

Yes, it'll be hard for him to escape the allure of

*checks notes*

The New York Giants, the New York Jets, and the Seacaucus swamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Print the sharts

• Locked thread