Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

*50 new posts*

Buncha guys arguing who the second best team in the NFC West is

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

We were until the Rams fan arrived! Too bad we forgot about your team, or we could have avoided wasting so much time.

Boy howdy, do I want to punch your avatar in the face.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

gently caress the Seahawks

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Sour Diesel posted:

goddamn the vintage rams logo owns my dude

:thumbsup:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

Are the majority of Rams posters in this thread primarily fans of out-division teams? :confused:

It sure seems that way, but that's alright.

Krycek posted:

Having lived in LA, I know for a fact that LA residents give no fucks about sports teams in LA other than the Lakers. Clippers, Dodgers, angels, Kings, Chargers, Rams can all get hosed. Anyone claiming to like the rams are confirmed out of market fans.

PA Rams fan here, so you're correct in terms of this Rams fan.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I loved Marc Bulger, but he got David Carr'd out of the league by playing for GM Mike Martz.

I agree. I always used to say that if Bulger had a good line in front of him, he would have been very good. What he did with the garbage they had around him was pretty impressive.

How often were you wishing Martz was still the HC when gently caress face (Spags and Linehan, notwithstanding) was coaching the team into the depths of non-relevance? I certainly was, and Martz drove me loving crazy when he was HC.

Do you remember the timeout he called on the opening kickoff vs. Green Bay in 2003 or so (GB kicked to the Rams)? It was something like three seconds into the game and he didn't like something that happened after the kickoff and called a timeout. Three seconds in and you're calling a loving timeout, are you kidding me?!?

He used to do poo poo like that all the time that would piss off all Rams fans. Timeouts were of no concern to that guy.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm disappointed we didn't keep at least Richardson. Dude had potential.

Yeah, I thought he was pretty good, too. Where'd he go?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

EmbryoSteve posted:

Bradford gonna explode?

Any part of him may explode; especially one of his knees or shoulders. Maybe it'll be a new body part this year.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I think Brandin Cooks will have a better year the Rams this year than Sammy Watkins did last year just because Cooks and Goff will have the entirety of the offseason to work together.

I don't want to sound like a jackass here, but that's something a lot of people are predicting. I agree.

Cooks has had a great OTA/minicamp, and it's exciting to see, but I'm curious if his downfield blocking is up to par with Sammy's. Watkins was a killer downfield blocker last year. Maybe the best I've ever seen from a Rams WR.

I'm really excited to see Cooks in live action. It should be fun.

Coldforge posted:

Also Cooks is better.

And this.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Flikken posted:

You never answered my question on what puts Austin Davis in the top 35 QBs in the league.

Obvious. Ex Ram.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Walter Jones 2005 MVP :colbert:

Orlando Pace HOF member. :colbert:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Despite losing leg, former NFL RB Isaiah Pead is back on the run

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Counter point: Brian Schottenheimer

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

hifi posted:

i personally thing gurley sucks a la demarco murray so this is good for the cardinals

:what:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Whitworth I think has only missed 8 games in like 14 years I'm pretty sure, Sullivan is a risk to injury but he was also really loving good last year. They have replacements lined up for Whitworth and Sullivan in Notebloom and Allen which is good. Jamon Brown really is a replacement level guy and I'm pretty sure his 4-game suspension is going to cost him a starting job and a good second contract. Havenstein will get paid for sure, the Rams have 60 million in cap space as of right now next year and even if Donald gets 20m there's still enough to lock him up to a decent deal. Saffold is kind of the wildcard, he gets hurt though last year he stayed healthy and the Rams gave him a massive contract for a Guard that no one else really wanted him 5 years ago and I'm not sure there will be a market for him next year.

Really injuries are the risk for any team and I'm not sure there's anyone out there that could survive 2 starters going down without a massive drop in the quality of play. The Rams have lots of untested guys in backup positions right now so it would interesting to see if any of them could step up.

Jamon Brown's suspension is two games, but your assessment could very well happen if someone like Austin Blythe steps up in camp. I think he filled in quite nicely for Sullivan last year during bits and pieces of games, and he can play both center and guard.

I pretty much agree with everything you highlighted.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Donald is not at camp, but I guess they may not be fining him in a sign of good faith? It's a strange move

Also gently caress YEAH

https://twitter.com/DowntownRams/status/1022946169629106176

The way I understand it, the throw back classic yellow and gold's are being brought back this year for their five final home games (I assume the same for 2019). A new uniform will be introduced in 2020.

therams.com posted:

The Los Angeles Rams today announced in front of their Season Ticket Members at an exclusive Training Camp practice that they will introduce a new uniform look entering the 2020 season to coincide with the opening of LA Stadium at Hollywood Park.

Over the next two years leading up to 2020, the Rams will continue to honor their history in Los Angeles through their uniforms.

During 2018 home games at the Coliseum, the Rams will wear their throwback uniforms five times and their white uniforms four times. The team will wear their white uniforms for the first four home games, including two preseason and two regular season games. The Rams will then introduce their throwbacks on Thursday, September 27, when L.A. kicks off FOX’s inaugural Thursday Night Football package vs. the Minnesota Vikings and will wear them for subsequent games at the Coliseum.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Ah that's shorter than I thought, I still think it could cost him a job in the end, but then again he is a good run blocker. Maybe he can improve his pass protection enough to get a long-term deal.

During Aaron Kromer's presser on Monday, he kind of hinted at either Austin Blythe or Joseph Noteboom filling in for Jamon Brown during his suspension.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I'm dumb, so can someone explain to me how to post a tweet. Thanks.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

literally just paste it and make sure the URLs are parsed

:ughh:

Jeez. I told you guys I was dumb.

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1024007514034073600

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jul 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

I'm glad I taught you basic forums skills because I'm a drat sucker for a gopro stuck to stuff

:downs::hf::eng101:

• Locked thread