Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I loving love Century Link and going to Seahawks games. I'm broke as heck and totally understand why fans of other teams wouldn't want to pay to go to a football game.

But our team rules, the stadium rules, the fanbase rules (for attending the event), and the stadium is right there in downtown.

I would never go to a football game if it was one of those teams with a stadium 1+ hour from the actual city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I was at the beastquake playoff game and shortly thereafter there was a Seahawks commercial made from it. There's a chunk of that commercial that super zoomed in on me. My beautiful mug was taking up the whole screen. The best part is I went with a great friend who is sitting right next to me and he wasn't in the commercial at all lmao.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

shirts and skins posted:

Man I dunno, there's cold weather football and then there's Minneapolis in January. I don't think anybody enjoyed the Blair Walsh Game.

CenturyLink is an awesome stadium, but the one game I went to was in the Hawks Nest and up there you're basically surrounded by people who rode to the game from Auburn in pickup trucks they bought from Jay Buhner. Dudes were getting up to piss every few minutes and coming back double fisting bud lites every drat time.

I guess I'm outing myself as a wimpy urban millennial but I've enjoyed myself at Sounders games more. Of course, I think sitting in better seats might help. That's just how NFL games are, the cheaper the seats the rowdier the fans.

What is this nonsense!?! Getting drunk, loud, and rowdy with strangers is the entire point of going to see a live game.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Our division is weird.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Peachfart posted:

Duane Brown is the best trade Seattle has made in several years. Acquiring him has given Wilson enough time to at least try and stand in the pocket for a second, instead of getting instantly plastered.

Yeah, it's kind of bonkers how much the entire offense has improved from adding Brown. Especially considering the offensive line still has a bunch of awful players.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That list of defensive seahawk stars that is leaving after the 2017 is complete horseshit. Literally none of them have their contract up (http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/seattle-seahawks/defense/). Also, the seahawk fan saying its okay to let them is go is also dumb. They are all-star players. Sometimes teams get injured, it happens. Seattle has been relatively healthy over the last half decade or so.

The rams are one of the best teams in the NFL and they beat us because our OL sucks and our defense is missing numerous pro-bowl starters.

We're fine for 2018. Obviously not super bowl favorites, but playoff bound is well within the realm of possibility.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Benne posted:

Imagine saying "let's replace Russell Wilson with Alex Smith" while keeping a straight face

Also super dumb. The hardest part of building a contender is getting a franchise QB. Keep Wilson.

The dumb takes are coming in too fast and too hot!!!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

This is a legit concern of mine.

No way jose, Rams have way more talent than the niners.

And hell, Cards and Seahawks are one decent draft + good health from being clearly ahead of them as well.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, for real. Bevell is not the problem with this offense. He's doing a drat good job with the tools he has.

Disagree, I think Bevell is poor. But hard agree that Cable needs to go first.

The Pats had this old dude as their OL coach for ages, had an Italian last name. We should truck all the moneys to his house.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

Seattle's 2013 draft was an abortion, especially when you factor in the Percy Harvin trade. 2014 and 2015 only netted us two players that are regular contributors today, 2016 was okay but Tyler lockett's leg injury has really put a damper on his value. Surprisingly enough it seems like his latest draft has been the best, whether or not Malik MacDowell plays a down or not.

I think this last two years the team has done well enough to try to utilize Jimmy Graham. Last year he had a ton of completion yards, and this year he's actually done very well in the red zone. I will say that a lot of the issue isn't that we aren't throwing to him, but he's been dropping the ball like crazy. At this point I would rather see the team extend Paul Richardson over him.

Edit: Tyler Lockett was drafted in 2015, I meant to say CJ prosise. A good running back who never sees any playing time because he's made of glass.

Yeah the last couple of years haven't been great, but this years draft has been incredible. CB Griffin already is a capable starter and looks to have enormous upside. OL Pocic hasn't been good, but he also hasn't been terrible, and has shown consistent improvement. 1 potential stud and 1 potential good starter is a fine enough draft, and they gambled on a bunch of high upside DB's and WR's throughout the rest. It will be fun to see how they pan out.

And that doesn't include trading for DT Richardson, who has been excellent for us.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
If the niners use any cap, and if Arizona drafts halfway decently, the 2018 NFC West is going to be the best division in football by a huge amount.

It's going to loving rule.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
There are no good OG FA's this year. <:mad:>

Praying to the draft gods that Seattle gets Quenton Nelson.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Benne posted:

Are there ever? Seems like all the good ones get locked into big extensions before their rookie deal expires.

(insert Steve Hutchinson joke here)

Except when the Saints and Ravens let good OG's go, yeah it's usually not great. But this year it looks especially dire.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/guard/

I didn't recognize a bunch of the younger dudes so I went to the respective NFL Reddits to scope and yeesh. It's a tire fire.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

Wife told me jimmy g isnt as handsome as I say he is please advise

She's saying that because she thinks you are more attractive. You must be chiseled from marble with beauty that shines like the sun.

Grats on being handsome, pretty boy.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seahawks seem fine for next year. 9-7 against a tough schedule, with half their starting D injured seems fine. Young players on DL are looking great and rookie CB griffin is a stud.

About that offense though... draft the ND guard in the first, get a good RB, and hire a new offensive coordinator.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Manoueverable posted:

Except for like the injury bit the entire first paragraph is wrong

We are done, done, done

Every part of that was correct and you’re a big baby!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
You are all hyper mood swing fans.

The kawalimus is spreading

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

Seattle's UFAs:

:words:

That's... a lot of significant players.

What? No it isn't. Graham, Paul Richardson, Shead, and Maxwell are the only good starters. Sheldon Richardson is obviously great but we always knew he was going to be a 1-year deal. Garvin, McDougald, and Smith are decent role players and Willson is a meh TE2.

Joeckel sucks and costs 8 mil AAV.
Lacy sucks and costs 4.25 mil AAV.
Luke Willson is bad and costs 1.25 mil AAV.

If you cut all of them you can easily re-sign Paul Richardson + Shead, and likely sneak in another short term deal for Maxwell.

Graham is weird because he's probably worth less than the $10 mil AAV that he currently makes, but a random team might pay him more.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The Seahawks will have plenty of space after cutting the people I mentioned earlier. Earl has a year left on his contract and any trade now would be selling low.

Stop being such doom and gloom idiots.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

EmbryoSteve posted:

It will be interesting how / whether the hawks will respond to the core of the super bowl team disappearing. Gonna suck probably but hell the run of being great has been awesome. I look forward to hopefully being simply good.
The LOB was always Kam + Earl + Richard + [Other]. Assuming Kam leaves, then 2/3rds (or 1/2 if you want to count [other]) of the LOB is still here. On top of that, CB Griffin looks like a young stud.

EmbryoSteve posted:

Also fire the offensive staff Jesus Christ the last 6 games were spook atrocious offensively. How can there be no changes.

This is the main thing that needs to happen. For the first time in years I'm actually cautiously optimistic about Seattle's OL. Brown is a good LT and now we have 3 young players on the line who have shown slow but steady improvement. If the young players can be "average" I will be ecstatic. I believe a non-Cable and Bevell offensive coaching staff can achieve those results. I'm not saying the OL will be good, but probably better than the usual bottom 3.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Like what the gently caress? Cable is among the worst at his job. How does he keep getting jobs?

Hire a new OL coach, draft a RB in the middle rounds, and hope that Rawls stays healthy.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

Our best hope now is that Jim Irsay sees a kindred spirit in Tom Cable with his domestic violence problems and gives him Indy's head coaching job.

*Furiously prays to an altar of pain pills*

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
At first I thought the niners could build an immediately good team next year due to all their cap space. But there aren't actually that many quality FA's this year. Mainly JAGs who are probably slightly overpaid. I guess they could have fun and get Star Lotulelei and Shel Richardson for an amazing DL but eh.

Might be better to sit on the cap until next year.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I thought SF had 2 stud rookie skill players and a decent WR corp?

What are their biggest holes?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Also I'm not taking shots at FA. I love FA. A huge part of why the Seahawks had that 2013 Super Bowl run is because instead of chasing the top DL FA, they went after a handful of the top 5 guys.

I'm a huge fan of diversifying with lots of good FAs instead of going for a few great FAs.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

Seahawks needs:

- DE, Avril is gone, Bennett is probably gone, MacDowell probably won't ever play. It's barren
- DB, Kam is probably gone (or won't play), Sherman won't be the same, and Earl is a question mark. I hope we bring back Maxwell for a year or two as a stopgap.
- RB, I'd rather not waste our 1st round pick on one though
- TE, Graham is probably gone, Willson sucks and isn't a TE1. Vannett looks decent but mainly as a blocker

Offensive line-wise, its probably going to be a game of musical chairs. I expect Pocic to move into more of a starter-role, and if Fant comes back healthy enough to play, that helps a lot. Ifedi's probably going to play out his rookie contract, sadly. It'll look like Brown-Pocic-Britt-Ifedi-Fant or something.

I agree our biggest needs are OL DL and RB. And yeah, we definitely should not spend a 1st on RB. Then probably OLB is our biggest need.

10 years ago I'd agree with you about Sherman. But with the medicine and steroids we have today, he'll be fine.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

insulated staircase posted:

is it impossible to keep Wagner AND Thomas?

the rest aren't as important IMO
Absolutely, if they want to. Heck they already have done so because both are on big contracts now.

Plus the Seahawks have ~$18 mil in cap this year before cutting anybody and neither Bobby or Earl are FAs this year.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Hurry up with these playoffs

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Bubba Smith posted:

Rams will never win the division again, nor should they

crazier comebacks have happened

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That was certainly a game. Expected the Rams D to do more and the O to run more.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bcondotta/status/951148051913105408

I trust a local beat writer over a national one...

:ohdear:

From our lips to the ears of Paul Allen

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Came to post this.

19-0 bitches, let's rock and roll

its all nice on rice posted:

:woop: I expect nothing amazing next year as they adjust to a new offensive staff, but it's nice to see adjustments away from a scheme that was getting progressively worse with each season.

Normally I'd agree. But the schemes and OL play was so bad, I have a hard time imagining our offense will be worse. Especially with our OL getting older and hopefully finding a serviceable RB in the offseason.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Manoueverable posted:

the seahawks have won the super bowl, etc.

19-0 let freedom ring

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Benny the Snake posted:

Our long national nightmare is over :peanut:

Incredibly horney 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
For real though. Nobody could be worse than Cable.

The Bev-man, yeah there's a few people that could be worse. Cam Cameron, Mike Tice, Todd Downing, etc.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/951215176094834690

cool, cool

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Coldforge posted:

Let me just say that the Seahawks picked the perfect year to dump their coaching staff and reload from a stupendous pool of available & promising talent.

Ruh Roh Raggy

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I still don't see official signing news re: Seahawks and Brian.

Is it actually confirmed?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
peeing on u rite now

because brian is piss you see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Yeah normally it’s pretty lol-worthy to highlight that you have no QB but this situation is different.

Arizona is going to have a lot of cap space with two good FA qbs on the market, plus a loaded QB draft class.

• Locked thread