Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently Kam Chancellor has a stinger.

We might see a bloodbath against us if Earl isn't ready for the Falcons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Maxwell got thrown to a ton when he was opposite Sherman. It's probably gonna be a bit more distributed with Shaq on the other side.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

I have still never been to a Hawks game :negative:

My girlfriend got me tickets to when they played the Panthers last year (aka the game Earl broke his leg). We sat in the near upper deck, and tickets were like $200 apiece. It's a fun experience and the stadium gets super loud but goddamn if isn't a ripoff.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've taken the train from the north and it dumps you right next to the stadium. It's cool.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'd attribute this game to coaching. Two wasted timeouts (one on an absolutely stupid challenge), a weird fake fg, and for whatever reason in the last drive Russell kept throwing down the middle, not giving receivers a chance to get out of bounds. Part of that is on Wilson.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Our division is weird.

I think any NFCW team in the AFCW would be division leaders there. That includes the 49ers.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
All the Seahawks are dying, rip

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kam was suffering from internal bleeding after SB49 and has had a variety of other health issues so I'm surprised he's made it this long.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Whoa there, motherfucker

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The "Jimmy Graham is worthless" meme really permeated a lot of fans. I'd say he's been fine since he came back from his major injury.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Elizabeth Mills posted:

It's not that he's worthless, he's a loving stud, just Russ doesn't understand how to use him (or Bevell doesn't).

Christ, there was a story last year about how they wanted to get him more action blocking, :wtc:

He had almost 1000 yards last year, and has 8 TD catches this year. I think he's being used fine? Yeah he's not putting up the numbers he had with NO but that was expected considering Drew Bees vs. RW.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, QB pressures have gone down significantly since acquiring Brown.

Also, their cut blocks are actually working instead of being a joke.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

This game and the ensuing celebration remain the only time I've been kicked out of a bar. Still probably the best NFL game I've ever watched.

I normally don't watch games at bars but that was one I did watch and everyone losing their mind at the Sherman tip will be permanently embellished in my memory forever :allears:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle leads the NFCW if the win next week. Thanks, Eagles. You sacrificed Wentz for us.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

How’s Wagner’s hammy?

No idea yet :(

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Looking at that tweet, let's take a look at the individual players:

- Avril: just had neck surgery, if he pushes it (he shouldn't, but...) he probably has 1 year left of football playing, which may or may not be with Seattle.
- Chancellor: similar to Avril, but his next year is more friendly for him if he sticks around. If he retires he loses a lot of money.
- Sherman: just had an Achilles tear, I can't imagine he will be great when he comes back, even though speed wasn't his game.
- Bennett: I think he's beyond his prime. He hasn't been excellent this season, and I doubt he'd be any better next year.

I'd probably be okay with all of them going away next year in terms of future viability.

Basically it means now building the defense around Wagner or Thomas. I'd prefer Earl but it looks like his cap hit is gonna be insane and they're already looking to trade him. Wagner is insanely good but also tends to get hurt, but I'd rather keep him, I think.

At this point, I think 2018 has to be a rebuild year. Which sucks, because we don't have many draft picks, but consider the needs:

- Offensive line (Ifedi needs to go)
- Defensive backs (we could lose all of the LoB in one offseason, good lord)
- DEs (Avril & Bennett are probably done, Malik probably won't ever play a down)
- Special teams (Blair Walsh, Jon Ryan, and Tyler Lockett are cooked)
- RB

Also, coaching. Aside from the obvious fire Tom Cable, Kris Richard gives up so many 3rd and longs, special teams play is mediocre, and Pete Carroll is old. A regime change around a rebuild suddenly doesn't sound like a bad idea...

On the bright side, we do have RW. As long as he stays healthy...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Peachfart posted:

I agree with much of this, but Jon Ryan? Has he been all that bad?

By the numbers he looks fine but for whatever reason he's allowed way more than the usual amount of return yards. Whether it's cause he's not getting hang time on his kicks or if this is a special teams issue (or both!), something is up.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Jesus you guys aren't that hosed. The Seahawks are 18 million under the cap for 2018 right now with a long list of free agents, but I think letting Graham and Sheldon Richardson walk are probably good moves. You're looking at another 8.4m for Wagner, 11m for Sherman, 8.5m for Thomas, or 7.5m for Avril if you cut any of those guys. If they work on shifting big dollars away from the defense and invest back in the offense to help RW it would turn around fast.

2017: 64m in offense, 93m in defense
2018: 63m in offense, 89m in defense

Yeah, I don't think the Seahawks are truly screwed, but there's 2 things in play that weren't there before:

1. There needs to be an identity shift from a strong defense to either a strong offense or somewhere in-between.
2. The division is a lot more competitive with the Rams being good and Handsome Jimmy being The Real Deal.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Schwack posted:

He had an absolutely awful game yesterday. Line drives with no hang time heading straight toward a dangerous return man.

Also, Lockett isn't going to get a second contract and that makes me sad. He's way too young to be cooked, but...

A horrific leg injury to a player who's only plus physical attribute is speed being ruined? Well then.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

No,

Steve Sarkisian.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think between Seahawks and Cardinals fans, we can also agree with gently caress the Steelers, specifically Ben Roethlisberger.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

All I want for Christmas is

F
I
R
E

D
A
R
R
E
L
L

B
E
V
E
L
L

Please explain this firing over Tom Cable. Show your work.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Schneider has been coasting for years on few guys he really hit on between 2010-2012. His drafts since have been lackluster and the fact that he keeps trading away first round picks for players that the offensive staff has no idea how to use doesn’t help.

Seattle's 2013 draft was an abortion, especially when you factor in the Percy Harvin trade. 2014 and 2015 only netted us two players that are regular contributors today, 2016 was okay but Tyler lockett's leg injury has really put a damper on his value. Surprisingly enough it seems like his latest draft has been the best, whether or not Malik MacDowell plays a down or not.

I think this last two years the team has done well enough to try to utilize Jimmy Graham. Last year he had a ton of completion yards, and this year he's actually done very well in the red zone. I will say that a lot of the issue isn't that we aren't throwing to him, but he's been dropping the ball like crazy. At this point I would rather see the team extend Paul Richardson over him.

Edit: Tyler Lockett was drafted in 2015, I meant to say CJ prosise. A good running back who never sees any playing time because he's made of glass.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 27, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Wife told me jimmy g isnt as handsome as I say he is please advise

:sever:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Bennett is over the hill. I love the guy but i think he's cooked.

Edit: my must keep defensive guys are Earl Thomas, Bobby Wagner, Frank Clark, and KJ Wright. Everyone else is mostly expendable. Jarran Reed and Shaq Griffin are still on rookie deals so I'm fine with them coming back.

That said i don't think there's a way we keep Earl and Bobby...

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 1, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

You are all hyper mood swing fans.

The kawalimus is spreading

I still think there's plenty of talent on the team, but there's a lot of over the hill guys that are gonna have to have some tough conversations. And they'll need to be replaced.

On the plus side, Walsh missing that kick moved us from 20th to 18th in the draft, so woo?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I still have bitter memories from mid 2000s Rams and the Jeff Fisher era Rams for being cheap shotting assholes (that we apparently absorbed the essence of this year when he retired). That's a tough sell.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like Jimmy G should get a Matt Flynn-esque deal. Probably higher value than what Seattle gave em.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle's UFAs:

Jimmy Graham
Luke Joeckel
Eddie Lacy
Sheldon Richardson
Bradley McDougald
Luke Willson
Michael Wilhoite
Paul Richardson
Blair Walsh
Marcus Smith
Oday Aboushi
Matt Tobin
Terence Garvin
Austin Davis
Byron Maxwell

That's... a lot of significant players.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm curious what kind of haul you can get for Earl. Probably worth a 1st rounder. I think he's worth more, even if teams know the Seahawks are a bit hamstrung.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The Seahawks will have plenty of space after cutting the people I mentioned earlier. Earl has a year left on his contract and any trade now would be selling low.

Stop being such doom and gloom idiots.

I have a feeling the issue isn't so much cap but that Earl wants out.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Blair Walsh was 12-13 in warm weather / dome-like conditions, and 9 for 16 in cold weather ones.

Maybe we shouldn't sign a guy who can't kick in chilly weather? :thunk:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Percy Harvin trade netted Minnesota a 1st, 3rd (in the following year) and a 7th. He also had more years left on his deal, so I'd assume any trade for Earl is going to be around that, if less.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

*offense is fundamentally broken and needs multiple holes filled*

Hmm yes let's trade our best defensive player instead

Trade your best defensive player to acquire draft spots to fill your offensive holes! :downsgun:

In all seriousness, Seattle could go for that top defense that they had from 2011-now (ish) when RW was on his rookie deal. Now he's being paid like a top QB and usually functions like one, its probably time to retool the team to be more offensively minded, like the 2005 team was.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Its Rinaldo posted:

Draft Russell Wilson’s sister and put her on defense. Problem solved

I just read an article on her and it looks like she's suffered more concussions taking elbows to the head playing basketball than Russell has his whole career (insert nanobubbles joke here).

She also plays for Stanford, booooooooo

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Our best hope now is that Jim Irsay sees a kindred spirit in Tom Cable with his domestic violence problems and gives him Indy's head coaching job.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
We should still get an RB. Carson seems good and all (another RB coming back from a leg injury, what could could go wrong??), but we have no depth. As you said, Rawls is toast, Davis wasn't anything special, and Prosise is glass.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seahawks needs:

- DE, Avril is gone, Bennett is probably gone, MacDowell probably won't ever play. It's barren
- DB, Kam is probably gone (or won't play), Sherman won't be the same, and Earl is a question mark. I hope we bring back Maxwell for a year or two as a stopgap.
- RB, I'd rather not waste our 1st round pick on one though
- TE, Graham is probably gone, Willson sucks and isn't a TE1. Vannett looks decent but mainly as a blocker

Offensive line-wise, its probably going to be a game of musical chairs. I expect Pocic to move into more of a starter-role, and if Fant comes back healthy enough to play, that helps a lot. Ifedi's probably going to play out his rookie contract, sadly. It'll look like Brown-Pocic-Britt-Ifedi-Fant or something.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/bcondotta/status/951148051913105408

I trust a local beat writer over a national one...

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently Walter Jones has done individual offensive line coaching for people that hire him. I wonder if he's any good for scheming?

• Locked thread