Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The only thing I'll say in defense of the AFC East is people make it sound like the rest of the division besides the Patriots are so terrible and never pose any kind of threat to them and...oh wait nevermind that's actually true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
My hopes and dreams for the Bills have been so utterly destroyed by Tom Brady for so long that I have football Stockholm Syndrome and find myself liking and rooting for Tom Brady.

There is no hope.
There is only Tom.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

I find it funny when AFCE players (the latest being Stephon Gilmore) express "surprise" when other AFCE teams immediately go and sign them. This has literally been going on since the 1960s

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

https://youtu.be/qCsdu13E590

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Then I looked, and I heard a single eagle crying loudly as it flew through the air, "Terror, terror, terror to all who belong to this world because of what will happen when the last three angels blow their trumpets."

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

With Tannehill going down this division looks even more like poo poo than usual.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

The jets will somehow beat the bills sunday in an unwatchable game and its gonna be funny

If the Jets beat the Bills, the Bills need to just straight up start tanking immediately...which may be their plan anyway. It's hard to know with them.

The Bills are going to be so poo poo this year...

Even I can see it. The Bills are a potemkin village. They have no depth at several critical positions and their starters are held together only by DETERMINATION and chewing gum.

If a player named LeSean McCoy is not healthy the Bills are....like...cosmically hosed.

His backups are 2 fullbacks and a scrub. Since the team has 2 fullbacks in the year of our Lord 2017, my expectations are that they will run the poo poo out of the ball. So McCoy outside of miraculous probability is going to be injured. Maybe if we had another decent running back after McCoy on a run-first team that might be a good idea. Instead we tendered that player for a 5th rounder and let him go to our division rivals.

But we have the best...fullbacks...ever!

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

1st muuufuckin place!
Lesean McCoy is Soo cool! He's even cooler than your teams favorite players.
#BendtheKnee

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

In the good universe the pats wouldnt keep getting bailed out by stupid decisions like not going for it 4th and 1 or trusting nick folk.

Yeah any other team at the end of the half where they had 2 roughing the passer penalties to put the other team in field goal range or if any other team gave the other team a first down on a punt, they would be struck with the Football God's equivalent of Thor's Wrath and pay for it dearly.

But the sorry rear end Buccaneers...

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Our division might suck but our thread titles are elite.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

WalletBeef posted:

Even in a win, the Bills make me miserable. What circle of purgatory is this?

Purgatory?

This is the 7th circle of Hell.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

mcmagic posted:

This is just never going to end... Is it...

What's hosed up is if the Dolphins, the Bills, and the Jets combined forces and started their best players on one team, it still would not be able to defeat the Patriots

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Dre2Dee2 posted:

It's amazing we've won anything with a head coach this awful

I think it's still too early to say that.
You can't say the team is winning despite Bowles because I don't believe the Jets are so talented that he's holding back the greatest show on turf. In fact I think the Jets have at times overachieved.

All Bowles has failed at is turning poo poo into gold.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

They can play a good team close for 45 mins...and then let up 24 unanswered in the 4th. I guess their coaching is too good and all the genius is tiring out the offense

I'm not saying he's good or a genius only that the team has very little talent even at critical positions so what do you expect to happen?
The Jets were literally accused of purposely tanking to start the season, and at least they have shown more fight than many thought they were capable of.

It's hard to make an argument that the Jets have underachieved vs expectations and that is the crux of the argument to keep Bowles at least one year.

The Jets really aren't a joke like the 49ers, Colts, and Browns are.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa...wing_scene.html

You can use your dark magic to force him to do unspeakable acts of evil, you can take what is noble and pure and twist, pervert and corrupt it but New England ...you can never destroy the soul of a true Buffalonian.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Have to admit that the Jets were very loving entertaining today. McCown kind of is badass

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

I don't think Bowles was so bad that he should be fired at any rate this year especially in a league where Hue loving Jackson just got a vote of confidence. Maybe after next year if they don't improve, but the Jets seem to be on the way to respectability.

I know it's been said all the time in this topic but they gutted their roster like a fish. It seems like everyone has amnesia about how bad people thought the Jets would be.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

turn on your moniter

:cheers:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000925310/article/adam-gase-dolphins-loss-to-bills-triggered-overhaul

Mbison YES!
Suck it alpha dogs

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

mcmagic posted:

The Bills and Josh Allen deserve each other. Especially for 3 first's.

The Jets deserve their team plane crashing.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

And the Patriots deserve: *

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Kalli posted:

I mean, even if you hate what the Dolphins have done, how have they declined this year more then the Seahawks or Bills?

Like, even if you love Josh Allen, you can't expect him to be a good QB this season, and their offensive line disintegrated.

And the Seahawks may be a better team but their losses were comical.

With the Bills you can make an argument their offense was already pretty poopy (3 points in the playoffs) and the defense improved.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

The offense last year at the very least didn't turn the ball over so the defense rarely had to go out with bad field position. With a rookie QB that won't be the case. Even if the defense has improved they'll have a worse year statistically most likely.

Maybe.
But I dont see the Bills as the most declined team. I think the Dolphins lost way more overall talent.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Ditch posted:

Now the main severely overpaid player is Charles Clay at $9 million (WHAT WERE THEY THINKING :psyduck: )

Because the Bills basically wanted to stick it to the Fins and also because the Bills know gently caress all about good TEs.

Overpaying for Clay is a classic passive agressive short sighted and petty AFC East move.

Rex Ryan once sent out 5 players who were former Dolphins players as captains simply because they were playing against them.

torgeaux posted:

Yeah, but look how much better the "culture" is!

This is what's interesting. I think when you look at what Chip Kelly did, I can in some sense see the logic of his end goal. He wanted players who he could motivate. He had an authoritarian style of coaching.

The problem with the way Chip Kelly went about doing that was he had no subtlety and thought he could do it basically all at once without generating alot of enmity. To make matters worse the specific players he targeted to jettison were eyebrow raising to say the least.

The way Adam Gase is radically making moves is reminiscent to me of Chip Kelly.

I dont think what he trying to accomplish is necessarily wrong. Heres why: Motivation has been an issue with the Dolphins. I remember there was this gif of Joe Philbin trying to call the Dolphins back to the sideline and to hustle, and the Dolphins players are just tuning the coach completely out and slowly walking back. It actually made me feel bad for the coach because you could tell he had just no respect from his players.

But the way Gase is doing this, I feel is going to backfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

How ironic that after all the drama, Jonathan Martin and Ritchie Incognito might end up in the same room in the loony bin.

• Locked thread